Black Diamond Networks

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014
4.2

CEO

Great work environment with a supportive staff

Current Employee - Contractor Services Representative in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Contractor Services Representative in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I’ve been working at Black Diamond Networks for about a year and a half now and I’m really enjoying it! With a background in marketing and no experience in the technical staffing industry I was a little concerned at first, but with a rigorous training program I’ve learned quite a lot. The management here is really dedicated to making sure you feel welcome and informed the minute you step through the doors.

After being trained and getting to know the company a bit more, the managers encourage you to give them feedback on how they can improve. Black Diamond is a company where every employee has a voice. Not only does management encourage creative thinking and the implementation of new ideas, they also offer their opinions, assistance and take a very proactive approach during the process. This accessibility and input from management creates a work environment where all employees genuinely care for one another.

Management's involvement has created a very relaxed corporate atmosphere; this atmosphere encourages a healthy living style and promotes life outside of the office. Overall, Black Diamond is unique to any other work atmosphere that I have ever been a part of, if you're a hard working team player there is a lot of opportunity for success within this rapidly growing organization.

Cons

This is a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly so if you aren't focused and dedicated to your work it will be more difficult to succeed.

Senior Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Andover, MA

I worked at Black Diamond Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people, high energy atmosphere. Engineering/Validation team is fantastic at what they do.

Cons

stuck in a "staffing firm" mentality rather than adapting into a true technology partner method in delivery.

Enjoyable Experience as an Account Executive at Black Diamond Networks

Current Employee - Account Manager in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotion within, acknowledgement for success (both individually and as a company), committed coworkers who have the same goals, potential to relocate if desired. I started out as an administrative assistant, then was promoted to marketing, and then promoted to being an account executive on the floor in sales. Whether you are in an admin position, marketing, or in sales/recruiting… upper management makes it a point to acknowledge your hard work on an individual basis, group basis, as well as a company as a whole. They set goals and when those goals are met, it is noted and rewarded.

Cons

In regards to being an account manager and being new to the industry and the company at the same time, it feels as though sometimes there are too many people pointing the new account manager in different directions. The positive that comes out of this con is that it truly shows how many people want to be involved with the success of newcomers and show them things through their own experiences working here.

I think senior management has a very positive presence in this company, the only “advice” would be to share that positivity more on the floor to help steer the negative vibes away as this job can be strenuous at times.

Very helpful with assignment.

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Black Diamond Networks as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great job with matching assignment with prior experience. Support was great. Rate was good.

Cons

Wasn't able to find my next local assignment.

Plan subsequent assignments for employees prior to expiration.

Stay Away...Unethical... Will Steal your commissions

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Black Diamond Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Benefits and Comp is ok (if you don't get your commissions stolen)

Cons

- Unethical to the extreme....
           Out right take your commission. I am not the only one, ask around. problem is mainly from one employee, however he is a high manager

- Growth extremely limited

- Training is poor

- Try to get other agencies k's ruled out by double submitting them.

get a clue...if you don't steal from employees you will have a stronger team that will make you more money

Black Diamond Networks Response

Jul 3, 2014Marketing & Communications Manager

As an organization committed to treating its employees fairly and to providing them with the support, tools and environment to help them succeed, it is surprising to read this writer’s comments ... More

Working through Black Diamond Networks

Current Employee - Quality Systems Consultatnt
    Current Employee - Quality Systems Consultatnt

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Having worked through several agencies, I can honestly say that Black Diamond truly takes an interest in their employees. They keep in touch and regularly show appreciation for their employees.

Cons

The only down side is not covering airfares. Most of the other Black Diamond people I work with live closer to the assignment area than I do. My flights home are extremely expensive; therefore, I have only been able to travel home 4 times in 9 months. I would prefer additional compensation to cover the extra cost of travel.
    No healthcare coverage offered.

Negotiate with clients or higher compensation for those traveling longer distances or have the client agree to pay for trips home 2x a month.

Black Diamond - Contract Tooling Engineer

Current Employee - Tooling Engineer in Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Tooling Engineer in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very professional organization. Quick response to all questions and all issues will be resoved.

Cons

Black Diamond is located on the East Coast, I was working on west coast and had to take time zones into consideration when communicating.

No issues, I look forward to the next opportunity.

I love coming to work everyday with such great people!

Current Employee - CRM Manager in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - CRM Manager in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been at Black Diamond for over 2 years now and was able to experience the growth of our company and the opportunities that have come along with it. I really love all the people I work with as well as the culture here. Management really gets involved with all the employees and is open to listening to any ideas we might have for the future. We treat each other like a family and support one another. There are many opportunities here for success that make it exciting to be a part of. I couldn't be happier working at such a wonderful place!

Cons

The process it takes to have programs implemented is long do to approval processes. Parking can be a little annoying at time since we have to park all over the place and don't have a designated lot for everyone.

Continue to follow your vision and keep the culture of Black Diamond strong.

I am very happy in my current role with Black Diamond Networks.

Current Employee - Vice President of Recruiting & Training in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Recruiting & Training in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Black Diamond is a fast growing company with a tremendous growth trajectory. Our growth provides the opportunity for motivated, talented and driven employees the potential for enormous growth and earning potential. We have a fun and diverse work environment that extends both in and out of the office. For a sales oriented business we have a very innovative work culture that encourages healthy living and work flexibility.

The open door policy is something that is unique to anywhere else I have ever worked. No matter what your position is within the company you have the opportunity to speak with upper management. Upper management listens to suggestions and tries to accommodate all requests, which is one of the reasons why Black Diamond’s work culture is so unique.

Cons

Would not be a good fit for someone who is looking for an easy paycheck. Job security is not a given and promotions are not tenure-based- yet if you are good at what you do and versatile, you are recognized, promoted, and rewarded without hesitation.

Due to the rapid growth of Black Diamond often times things are not followed through in a timely manner. This can lead to some aggravation amongst the internal staff, but if people are persistent things get done.

My only advice to senior management is that it would be nice if they got things done in a timelier manner. There are times that employees are left waiting for information that they are really eager to get.

I had a very positive experience with Black Diamond Networks

Former Employee - Test Engineer
    Former Employee - Test Engineer

I worked at Black Diamond Networks as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Let me begin with full disclosure. Black Diamond Networks is a staffing firm and I am a consultant. If you are like me and have been around the industry for a long time you know one thing, staffing firms are no fun to work with. But in the big picture, this experience was one of the better ones that I had. Like most assignments, the job description wasn't very accurate, but I got a great rate and at the end of the day that is all I can really ask for. One thing that separates Black Diamond Networks from some of the competition is that during my assignment I was provided a personal contractor advocate who inquired about my well being and my assignment. My assignment ended sometime after Thanksgiving and at the conclusion of my contract I was even given a small G/C explaining that they know that this is a tough industry, but that wanted to thank me for working with them. When you live on the road and are constantly being hounded by other firms these little things will really separate you from the competition!

Cons

As a contractor who has been in the business for around 15 years I can confirm two things. One - we get paid well and Two - we get no work benefits such as time off, holiday pay, insurance. It is an issue that has troubled me for quite a while now. Regretfully, Black Diamond Networks was no different than their competition and could not offer me any of the beneficial perks of being a full-time employee rather than a contractor.

Keep investing in services to bring us back to you! We have a lot of options out there!

Black Diamond Networks Photos