Black Diamond Networks Reviews

Best Decision I've Ever Made

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time

Pros

Being relatively new to the staffing industry and very new to Massachusetts, I was faced with the difficult decision of where to find work. I did some research on all of the companies in new england, and was drawn to BDN because of their community outreach and apparent appreciation of a work/life balance. I've been here for 7 months now and can definitely say this is my favorite job I've ever had. The management is awesome, everyone is very supportive, and hard work is definitely rewarded. I am already seeing tons of opportunity for advancement, and I haven't even been here a full year. Although BDN is a smaller, boutique agency, we get to work with some pretty huge clients. Lots of opportunities to make some serious money, even for newer employees.

Cons

Not great parking situation in downtown andover...but if that's the worst thing I can think of, life is good :)

Advice to Management

Keep growing your teams with high quality people who are ambitious and like to work hard/play hard!

Great Experience/ Change

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time

Pros

I left a larger staffing firm to join Black Diamond, which has lived up to all of my expectations. Their corporate culture of working together, creating true relationships and celebrating each others successes is a refreshing change. As an employee, its nice to have bosses that genuinely care, get to know you and host numerous outside of work activities. Another key point in my decision making process was the fact at Black Diamond you have a tremendous amount of upward mobility and freedom to get the job done. At the end of the day, its nice to work for a company where you can see your efforts moving the company forward instead of just going to the bottom line.

Cons

While the training process was good, it was certainly geared towards someone just breaking into the industry. It would be nice to see them adapt it for more seasoned folks.

3. Sr. Account Rep finally feels at home

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BDN uses a sensible and fair approach to filling positions. This has allowed me to use my skills and discretion to be successful. I am not forced to adhere to any absurdly high markup restrictions, and the company encourages all the offices to work together as a team. Management is helpful, and approachable... and likable!

Cons

It's hard at this point in my career here to list any cons. The major one would be the small temp-office I am currently sitting in, however we move into our beautiful new office at the end of the month. problem: solved

Advice to Management

Keep the culture as a priority.

Senior Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Andover, MA

I worked at Black Diamond Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, high energy atmosphere. Engineering/Validation team is fantastic at what they do.

Cons

stuck in a "staffing firm" mentality rather than adapting into a true technology partner method in delivery.

Great work environment with a supportive staff

Current Employee - Contractor Services Representative in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Contractor Services Representative in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been working at Black Diamond Networks for about a year and a half now and I’m really enjoying it! With a background in marketing and no experience in the technical staffing industry I was a little concerned at first, but with a rigorous training program I’ve learned quite a lot. The management here is really dedicated to making sure you feel welcome and informed the minute you step through the doors. After being trained and getting to know the company a bit more, the managers encourage you to give them feedback on how they can improve. Black Diamond is a company where every employee has a voice. Not only does management encourage creative thinking and the implementation of new ideas, they also offer their opinions, assistance and take a very proactive approach during the process. This accessibility and input from management creates a work environment where all employees genuinely care for one another. Management's involvement has created a very relaxed corporate atmosphere; this atmosphere encourages a healthy living style and promotes life outside of the office. Overall, Black Diamond is unique to any other work atmosphere that I have ever been a part of, if you're a hard working team player there is a lot of opportunity for success within this rapidly growing organization.

Cons

This is a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly so if you aren't focused and dedicated to your work it will be more difficult to succeed.

Enjoyable Experience as an Account Executive at Black Diamond Networks

Current Employee - Account Manager in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promotion within, acknowledgement for success (both individually and as a company), committed coworkers who have the same goals, potential to relocate if desired. I started out as an administrative assistant, then was promoted to marketing, and then promoted to being an account executive on the floor in sales. Whether you are in an admin position, marketing, or in sales/recruiting… upper management makes it a point to acknowledge your hard work on an individual basis, group basis, as well as a company as a whole. They set goals and when those goals are met, it is noted and rewarded.

Cons

In regards to being an account manager and being new to the industry and the company at the same time, it feels as though sometimes there are too many people pointing the new account manager in different directions. The positive that comes out of this con is that it truly shows how many people want to be involved with the success of newcomers and show them things through their own experiences working here.

Advice to Management

I think senior management has a very positive presence in this company, the only “advice” would be to share that positivity more on the floor to help steer the negative vibes away as this job can be strenuous at times.

8. Stay Away...Unethical... Will Steal your commissions

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Black Diamond Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Benefits and Comp is ok (if you don't get your commissions stolen) -

Cons

- Unethical to the extreme.... Out right take your commission. I am not the only one, ask around. problem is mainly from one employee, however he is a high manager - Growth extremely limited - Training is poor - Try to get other agencies k's ruled out by double submitting them.

Advice to Management

get a clue...if you don't steal from employees you will have a stronger team that will make you more money

Black Diamond Networks Response

Jul 3, 2014 – Marketing & Communications Manager

As an organization committed to treating its employees fairly and to providing them with the support, tools and environment to help them succeed, it is surprising to read this writer’s comments ... More

Working through Black Diamond Networks

Current Employee - Quality Systems Consultatnt
    Current Employee - Quality Systems Consultatnt

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having worked through several agencies, I can honestly say that Black Diamond truly takes an interest in their employees. They keep in touch and regularly show appreciation for their employees.

Cons

The only down side is not covering airfares. Most of the other Black Diamond people I work with live closer to the assignment area than I do. My flights home are extremely expensive; therefore, I have only been able to travel home 4 times in 9 months. I would prefer additional compensation to cover the extra cost of travel. No healthcare coverage offered.

Advice to Management

Negotiate with clients or higher compensation for those traveling longer distances or have the client agree to pay for trips home 2x a month.

I love coming to work everyday with such great people!

Current Employee - CRM Manager in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - CRM Manager in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Black Diamond for over 2 years now and was able to experience the growth of our company and the opportunities that have come along with it. I really love all the people I work with as well as the culture here. Management really gets involved with all the employees and is open to listening to any ideas we might have for the future. We treat each other like a family and support one another. There are many opportunities here for success that make it exciting to be a part of. I couldn't be happier working at such a wonderful place!

Cons

The process it takes to have programs implemented is long do to approval processes. Parking can be a little annoying at time since we have to park all over the place and don't have a designated lot for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to follow your vision and keep the culture of Black Diamond strong.

I am very happy in my current role with Black Diamond Networks.

Current Employee - Vice President of Recruiting & Training in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Recruiting & Training in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Black Diamond is a fast growing company with a tremendous growth trajectory. Our growth provides the opportunity for motivated, talented and driven employees the potential for enormous growth and earning potential. We have a fun and diverse work environment that extends both in and out of the office. For a sales oriented business we have a very innovative work culture that encourages healthy living and work flexibility. The open door policy is something that is unique to anywhere else I have ever worked. No matter what your position is within the company you have the opportunity to speak with upper management. Upper management listens to suggestions and tries to accommodate all requests, which is one of the reasons why Black Diamond’s work culture is so unique.

Cons

Would not be a good fit for someone who is looking for an easy paycheck. Job security is not a given and promotions are not tenure-based- yet if you are good at what you do and versatile, you are recognized, promoted, and rewarded without hesitation. Due to the rapid growth of Black Diamond often times things are not followed through in a timely manner. This can lead to some aggravation amongst the internal staff, but if people are persistent things get done.

Advice to Management

My only advice to senior management is that it would be nice if they got things done in a timelier manner. There are times that employees are left waiting for information that they are really eager to get.

RSS Feed </> Embed