Black Diamond Networks

www.blackdiamondnet.com

Black Diamond Networks Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Great work environment with a supportive staff

Contractor Services Representative (Current Employee) Andover, MA

ProsI’ve been working at Black Diamond Networks for about a year and a half now and I’m really enjoying it! With a background in marketing and no experience in the technical staffing industry I was a little concerned at first, but with a rigorous training program I’ve learned quite a lot. The management here is really dedicated to making sure you feel welcome and informed the minute you step through the doors.

After being trained and getting to know the company a bit more, the managers encourage you to give them feedback on how they can improve. Black Diamond is a company where every employee has a voice. Not only does management encourage creative thinking and the implementation of new ideas, they also offer their opinions, assistance and take a very proactive approach during the process. This accessibility and input from management creates a work environment where all employees genuinely care for one another.

Management's involvement has created a very relaxed corporate atmosphere; this atmosphere encourages a healthy living style and promotes life outside of the office. Overall, Black Diamond is unique to any other work atmosphere that I have ever been a part of, if you're a hard working team player there is a lot of opportunity for success within this rapidly growing organization.

ConsThis is a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly so if you aren't focused and dedicated to your work it will be more difficult to succeed.

Enjoyable Experience as an Account Executive at Black Diamond Networks

Account Manager (Current Employee) Andover, MA

ProsPromotion within, acknowledgement for success (both individually and as a company), committed coworkers who have the same goals, potential to relocate if desired. I started out as an administrative assistant, then was promoted to marketing, and then promoted to being an account executive on the floor in sales. Whether you are in an admin position, marketing, or in sales/recruiting… upper management makes it a point to acknowledge your hard work on an individual basis, group basis, as well as a company as a whole. They set goals and when those goals are met, it is noted and rewarded.

ConsIn regards to being an account manager and being new to the industry and the company at the same time, it feels as though sometimes there are too many people pointing the new account manager in different directions. The positive that comes out of this con is that it truly shows how many people want to be involved with the success of newcomers and show them things through their own experiences working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think senior management has a very positive presence in this company, the only “advice” would be to share that positivity more on the floor to help steer the negative vibes away as this job can be strenuous at times.

Very helpful with assignment.

Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat job with matching assignment with prior experience. Support was great. Rate was good.

ConsWasn't able to find my next local assignment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan subsequent assignments for employees prior to expiration.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working through Black Diamond Networks

Quality Systems Consultatnt (Current Employee)

ProsHaving worked through several agencies, I can honestly say that Black Diamond truly takes an interest in their employees. They keep in touch and regularly show appreciation for their employees.

ConsThe only down side is not covering airfares. Most of the other Black Diamond people I work with live closer to the assignment area than I do. My flights home are extremely expensive; therefore, I have only been able to travel home 4 times in 9 months. I would prefer additional compensation to cover the extra cost of travel.
    No healthcare coverage offered.

Advice to Senior ManagementNegotiate with clients or higher compensation for those traveling longer distances or have the client agree to pay for trips home 2x a month.

Black Diamond - Contract Tooling Engineer

Tooling Engineer (Current Employee) Azusa, CA

ProsVery professional organization. Quick response to all questions and all issues will be resoved.

ConsBlack Diamond is located on the East Coast, I was working on west coast and had to take time zones into consideration when communicating.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo issues, I look forward to the next opportunity.

I love coming to work everyday with such great people!

CRM Manager (Current Employee) Andover, MA

ProsI've been at Black Diamond for over 2 years now and was able to experience the growth of our company and the opportunities that have come along with it. I really love all the people I work with as well as the culture here. Management really gets involved with all the employees and is open to listening to any ideas we might have for the future. We treat each other like a family and support one another. There are many opportunities here for success that make it exciting to be a part of. I couldn't be happier working at such a wonderful place!

ConsThe process it takes to have programs implemented is long do to approval processes. Parking can be a little annoying at time since we have to park all over the place and don't have a designated lot for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to follow your vision and keep the culture of Black Diamond strong.

I am very happy in my current role with Black Diamond Networks.

Vice President of Recruiting & Training (Current Employee) Andover, MA

ProsBlack Diamond is a fast growing company with a tremendous growth trajectory. Our growth provides the opportunity for motivated, talented and driven employees the potential for enormous growth and earning potential. We have a fun and diverse work environment that extends both in and out of the office. For a sales oriented business we have a very innovative work culture that encourages healthy living and work flexibility.

The open door policy is something that is unique to anywhere else I have ever worked. No matter what your position is within the company you have the opportunity to speak with upper management. Upper management listens to suggestions and tries to accommodate all requests, which is one of the reasons why Black Diamond’s work culture is so unique.

ConsWould not be a good fit for someone who is looking for an easy paycheck. Job security is not a given and promotions are not tenure-based- yet if you are good at what you do and versatile, you are recognized, promoted, and rewarded without hesitation.

Due to the rapid growth of Black Diamond often times things are not followed through in a timely manner. This can lead to some aggravation amongst the internal staff, but if people are persistent things get done.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice to senior management is that it would be nice if they got things done in a timelier manner. There are times that employees are left waiting for information that they are really eager to get.

Great Place to work -Excellent Company Culture!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Andover, MA

ProsBlack Diamond Networks is a great place to work. This isn’t some company that you are just another number, they really encourage a balance of work and personal which creates a great atmosphere and culture. The employees and management take interest in the continuous improvement to overcome challenges and they provide a great opportunity to grow your career if you show initiative. I know from my own personal experience that if you work hard it doesn’t go unnoticed. If you’re a good team player and produce quality work you will become very successful here.

ConsFast growing, fast paced company requiring lots of initiative and drive

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to emphasize your great culture through your period of tremendous growth

I had a very positive experience with Black Diamond Networks

Test Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsLet me begin with full disclosure. Black Diamond Networks is a staffing firm and I am a consultant. If you are like me and have been around the industry for a long time you know one thing, staffing firms are no fun to work with. But in the big picture, this experience was one of the better ones that I had. Like most assignments, the job description wasn't very accurate, but I got a great rate and at the end of the day that is all I can really ask for. One thing that separates Black Diamond Networks from some of the competition is that during my assignment I was provided a personal contractor advocate who inquired about my well being and my assignment. My assignment ended sometime after Thanksgiving and at the conclusion of my contract I was even given a small G/C explaining that they know that this is a tough industry, but that wanted to thank me for working with them. When you live on the road and are constantly being hounded by other firms these little things will really separate you from the competition!

ConsAs a contractor who has been in the business for around 15 years I can confirm two things. One - we get paid well and Two - we get no work benefits such as time off, holiday pay, insurance. It is an issue that has troubled me for quite a while now. Regretfully, Black Diamond Networks was no different than their competition and could not offer me any of the beneficial perks of being a full-time employee rather than a contractor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in services to bring us back to you! We have a lot of options out there!

My Excellent Contract at Bombarbier Aerospace Inc.

Avionics Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsVery Professional, Excellent Quality Engineers, Management was Outstanding and Avionics Projects were challenging.

ConsMy weekly commute from Oklahoma City, OK to / from Toronto, Ontario was delayed occassionally due to inclement weather encountered on my three weekly flights from Oklahoma City and Toronto, Ontario during the winter months.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy work-life balance was outstanding since my work projects were quite challenging, definitely state-of-the art and consisted of assignments on Bombardier Aerospace's excellent aircraft.

Worked for Black Diamond Networks? Contribute to the Community!