BlackLine Systems

www.blackline.com

BlackLine Systems Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2014
BlackLine Systems – Los Angeles – “Paintball”

Therese Tucker

A great place to begin a life long career!

Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCasual environment, fast-paced, motivated and energetic employees.

ConsWork life balance can be difficult but if you learn how to manage your time efficiently you can minimize the time spent in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to find ways to utilize resources more efficiently (i.e. budgets, staff, etc.).

This was a great career move

Decline to Answer (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsThe work-life-balance is wonderful. I have a flexible start time so I can beat/miss traffic, telecommute every other friday, and all the food and healthy snacks I could want thought out my work day. While great, those things are superficial. The biggest pro for me are my smart and driven teammates. I enjoy being part of a team that's constantly pushing the status quo.

ConsI don not actually see any cons at this time. I'm providing solutions, working on complex projects, and growing. As long as these things do not change I'm happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring great talent and do not lose the start up feel to our culture.

Fantastic work environment, excellent growth potential, but with a little bit of chaos

Sales & Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsThe work environment is collaborative, informal, and freewheeling. Still has something of a "start-up" feel in many ways. Lots of growth potential, both for the company and for individuals.

ConsGrowth can be chaotic and sometimes it feels like changes are communicated after they've taken effect. You will sometimes hear about something through the grapevine before there's any official communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Probably not the best company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsCasual environment, weekly company-sponsored meals, friendly staff

ConsNepotism and the general sense that you will never advance if you do not have a personal relationship with the CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart making personnel decisions that are less directed at advancing individuals based on friendships and more on what is actually in the best interest of the company as a whole.

Front-End Developer

Compensation Manager (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsThe leading provider of a cloud-based SaaS financial software. Benefits of working at BlackLine include great culture, free lunches, stocked fridge, telecomuting privileges, wellnes programs, community outreach and dodgeball.

ConsNone that I know off as of yet and I've been working for this company for approx. 2 years.

Excellent!

Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsGreat management, great corporate culture, diverse staff and nice office environment. Great opportunities for career advancement. Always looking for .NET Software Developers, Outside Sales Consultants and Accounting/Finance Professionals. Rapid growth environment!

ConsA few growing pains on occasion due to rapid growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Excellent

ProsFast paced, meritocracy where contributors are rewarded.

ConsThe intensity of the experience can be all consuming.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for BlackLine Systems? Contribute to the Community!