BlackLine Systems Reviews

Reset
3.6
Therese Tucker

Such a Wonderful Place

Pros

I think I read another review that said "It doesn't get much better than BlackLine" and I'd have to agree. Great culture, great pay, great benefits, great product, CEO is very approachable. Every amenity you could want. Such a positive place, everyone says hi. It's hard to say what else they could do to make your time here more enjoyable

Cons

Can be stressful as there is a lot going on at all times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Lots of change. Some good, some not

I have been working at BlackLine Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a market-leading solution. My co-workers are great and friendly. The office got a nice face-lift. The pay and benefits are good. Many of us have stock options.

Cons

The culture has changed over the years, which happens when you grow. While there are some great managers and leaders, we need management training and leadership training for VPs and executives. Some people who think they don't need it are probably the ones that do.

Advice to Management

Money and perks help, but how you treat people still matters. Teach HR how to hire for HR. With so many changes, it takes forever to get an answer once you find out who to ask. How about getting competent people who know what they're doing instead of just getting someone nice or someone's spouse? Talk about a disservice, conflict of interest and confidentiality issues.

So-so

Pros

Lots of perks to enjoy

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

Sales & Marketing

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BlackLine Systems full-time

Pros

good pay, easy access to management, everyone working on the same team, very strong product, very strong growth

Cons

growing pains (somewhat to be expected), lots of new people, some knowledge lost when people transition out

Advice to Management

keep going

A great place to work, with great people

Current Employee - Product Management in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Product Management in Woodland Hills, CA

Pros

The company makes every effort to provide a great workplace. Working alongside enthusiastic, talented and engaged people. High growth rate makes for an exciting environment. Very well received and innovative product makes clients a part of it all. A culture of openness, meritocracy & autonomy promotes professional growth. It’s a fun place to be!

Cons

It can be fast paced, high pressure & demand which may not appeal to all, but it’s part of what makes up the good things too.

Advice to Management

Strive to keep the culture even with the high growth, it’s still got that small company feel that makes it an exciting place to work.

BlackLine - a great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Pros

Innovative, fast growing, great product, great people. They really care and take care of their employees. The perks are amazing. Everything from a top shelf office space, great coffee and snacks, weekly catered lunches and breakfasts. Ping pong table, video game systems, lounge style employee areas. Most importantly, you get to contribute to a great company and product, and really help our clients do their jobs better.

Cons

Like any company, the product has areas to improve, but there is a good process and commitment in place for this to happen.

Great Place, Wont Find Many Companies Like This One

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at BlackLine Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee Friendly Great Compensation/Benefits Amazing Offices Product speaks for itself in the market

Cons

Growth maybe happening too fast So many new hires it is difficult to keep track of all the new employees

Advice to Management

Therese is awesome, never change

Annonymous

Current Employee - Annyonymous in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Annyonymous in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BlackLine Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, compensation, office environment and culture. Ability to have fun: game room, gym equipment, food & lots of table tennis! CEO, management and staff care about product, clients and each other. Great product! Lots of growth opportunities-lots of promotions and transfers w/in company

Cons

Pressure-this is not for everyone. High growth-if you can't keep up you won't like it! If you like a challenge and learning opportunities-this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Although I know Senior Management cares, they are often very busy and communication doesn't flow as freely as it did in the past. Communicate more so especially the new employees feel connected to the "big picture"

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Pros

Great work environment and culture. The company is innovative in its approach and truly values employee input and creativity. No stuffiness here. An open door approach to communication. Fun work environment (game room, music room, lots of food, etc.). While the expectation is that everyone works very hard with a a high sense of urgency the company still respects people's personal needs. This is a rapidly growing company with lots of growth potential. I definitely made the right choice in coming here.

Cons

Very few cons. There can be some long work hours but that is to be expected in a fast paced, rapidly growing company.

Advice to Management

As we grow, don't lose that sense of openness, innovation and creativity. It can be very easy to become just another cog in the wheel as we get bigger so lets not let that happen.

Fun, happy work environment

Current Employee - Business Development in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at BlackLine Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- kind employees - great work environment - encouragement from team mates - you can be yourself here - nice employee perks

Cons

- So far, nothing that really raises my eyebrows, so will have to revisit after I've been here longer.

RSS Feed </> Embed