Blackbaud Reviews

Updated September 25, 2014
Updated September 25, 2014
3.3

Michael Gianoni

Pros
  • Helping non-profits as a side effect of making money for senior execs (in 46 reviews)

• Good work/life balance and the ability to do meaningful work (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management frequently sees their employees as machinery that affect/represent a number of some kind (in 10 reviews)

• The salaries are not comparable to other software companies (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Solid company, cares about people.

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time

Pros

Great client base, many great causes. Blackbaud's solutions help many organizations achieve their mission. There is a lot of effort made to keep key employees in effective roles that satisfy their career ambitions.

Cons

Not many cons, a lot of options for career paths. Acquisitions have diversified the culture and product roadmap. This has complicated some things for employees.

Keep investing in the products that are the future of the company.

Great place to contribute & grow professionally while making the world a better place.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

At the end of the day, you're helping non-profits make the world a better place, every day.
    Endless professional growth opportunities and leadership recently implemented a simple career framework process that creates transparency around how employees are performing and what they need to do to grow into new roles, if that's what they want to do. Discussion about career goals between employees and managers is encouraged and built into the performance management process.
    Amazing training in Customer Support as well as completely revamped training for Pro Services and Sales new hires.
    Teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded.
    Total benefits package (salary, medical benefits, negotiated discounts at local businesses, onsite gym & showers, onsite cafe, option to earn additional vacation time for volunteering on your own time, tuition reimbursement, flexibility in hours as well as the option to work from home for many positions) is one of the best in Charleston.
    Beautiful place to work and some employees walk or run on Daniel Island during lunch or before or after work.

Cons

Still a bit "cube-farmy" in many parts of the building.

Continue investing in the people & some of the internal systems. Continue to increase transparency around product roadmaps internally and externally. There seems to be good momentum in these areas - keep it up!

Great company where you can use your skills to help nonprofits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong mission and smart, talented people to work with. Really great company culture where employees are valued. Great place to work!

Cons

Continue to build on the culture and communicate how our work supports our nonprofit clients. Keep identifying ways to improve on our corporate culture.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company. Considerate of employees.

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Representative  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere. Relaxed but professional. Worked in accounting department, and management was pretty down to earth. Team mentality encouraged.

Cons

Temp position, so that might have been relevant, but a lot of the employees didn't seem to take their work too seriously. Pay was low, but again, temp position. I was headed to grad school, so I did not go on to a permanent position.

Keep up the good work with taking care of your staff.

Great Company that keeps getting better

Current Employee - Director  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Director in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great mission. New leadership is making a difference. Good work/life balance and the ability to do meaningful work.

Cons

still need more work on our product roadmap/vision but this is getting better. the people that are nay-sayers are bringing down the rest of us.

zero tolerance for the people who can't see the future and the positive changes.

No idea companies like this existed.

I have been working at Blackbaud

Pros

I'm a recent hire.

I knew there was something special about Blackbaud when I interviewed with them. Every person I interviewed with was friendly, passionate and highly intelligent. I was ecstatic when I was offered the job.
     So far, I can't believe how good it is to work here. Yes, there are challenges, but they are nothing compared to things I've experienced in similar sized companies.

People are friendly, helpful, and open about challenges, whether it be technical debt, process or otherwise, and everyone wants to work together to succeed.

I look forward to a long and successful career working alongside some of the most passionate, intelligent, awesome group of people I've ever met.

Cons

I've only been here for a short while, but so far, I don't have a single negative thing to report.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for more than a year

Pros

Blackbaud is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employees and their clients.

Cons

While immediate managers and supervisors are conscious of your personal time, it's very easy to get wrapped-up in your work and put in long hours. I wouldn't say it's expected, but be prepared to work hard.

Office Assistant

Former Employee - Office Assistant  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Blackbaud part-time for less than a year

Pros

,As an office assistant, I found Blackbaud to have a very friendly staff.

Cons

As an office assistant, I did not have any negative experiences.

There is nothing I would advise to management.

Best Job I've ever had!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Support  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company takes care of their employees and cares about them. I've worked at other companies who say they care Blackbaud proves it!!
    The pay is very competitive for this market!
    The company welcomed me before my 1st day I felt a part of the Blackbaud family before my 1st day!!!

Cons

No real challenges I've been here 4 months and always enjoy getting up to go to work

Keep up the great work!!! Continue to take care of your employees and appreciate the talent you have!

Great Experience

I have been working at Blackbaud

Pros

Blackbaud is a great growing company in Austin. The culture and people really make it a great place to work.

Cons

There have been some growing pains recently. Some people like the changes and some don't.

Follow through with some of the great initiatives happening.

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!