Blackbaud

www.blackbaud.com

Blackbaud Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Michael Gianoni

Pros
  • Helping non-profits as a side effect of making money for senior execs(in 40 reviews)

• Good work/life balance and the ability to do meaningful work(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management frequently sees their employees as machinery that affect/represent a number of some kind(in 9 reviews)

• The salaries are not comparable to other software companies(in 9 reviews)

Good company. Considerate of employees.

Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsGreat atmosphere. Relaxed but professional. Worked in accounting department, and management was pretty down to earth. Team mentality encouraged.

ConsTemp position, so that might have been relevant, but a lot of the employees didn't seem to take their work too seriously. Pay was low, but again, temp position. I was headed to grad school, so I did not go on to a permanent position.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with taking care of your staff.

Great Company that keeps getting better

Director (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsGreat people, great mission. New leadership is making a difference. Good work/life balance and the ability to do meaningful work.

Consstill need more work on our product roadmap/vision but this is getting better. the people that are nay-sayers are bringing down the rest of us.

Advice to Senior Managementzero tolerance for the people who can't see the future and the positive changes.

No idea companies like this existed.

ProsI'm a recent hire.

I knew there was something special about Blackbaud when I interviewed with them. Every person I interviewed with was friendly, passionate and highly intelligent. I was ecstatic when I was offered the job.
     So far, I can't believe how good it is to work here. Yes, there are challenges, but they are nothing compared to things I've experienced in similar sized companies.

People are friendly, helpful, and open about challenges, whether it be technical debt, process or otherwise, and everyone wants to work together to succeed.

I look forward to a long and successful career working alongside some of the most passionate, intelligent, awesome group of people I've ever met.

ConsI've only been here for a short while, but so far, I don't have a single negative thing to report.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work Hard, Play Hard

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsBlackbaud is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employees and their clients.

ConsWhile immediate managers and supervisors are conscious of your personal time, it's very easy to get wrapped-up in your work and put in long hours. I wouldn't say it's expected, but be prepared to work hard.

Office Assistant

Office Assistant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

Pros,As an office assistant, I found Blackbaud to have a very friendly staff.

ConsAs an office assistant, I did not have any negative experiences.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is nothing I would advise to management.

Best Job I've ever had!!!!

Customer Support (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThis company takes care of their employees and cares about them. I've worked at other companies who say they care Blackbaud proves it!!
    The pay is very competitive for this market!
    The company welcomed me before my 1st day I felt a part of the Blackbaud family before my 1st day!!!

ConsNo real challenges I've been here 4 months and always enjoy getting up to go to work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!!! Continue to take care of your employees and appreciate the talent you have!

Great Experience

ProsBlackbaud is a great growing company in Austin. The culture and people really make it a great place to work.

ConsThere have been some growing pains recently. Some people like the changes and some don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through with some of the great initiatives happening.

job

Prosgood management and great ideas

Consorganizational issues in resource aquitsition

Great place to work!

Current Employee (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsOur clients are the great! Who would not want to help support the non-profit industry?
    The people will get to work with are smart, driven and have a passion for our clients.

ConsNo organization is perfect...change level is very high now but I expect that to settle now that the new CEO is here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on the simplification path...it is where we need to be.

Awesome job. I got so lucky getting hired.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe money is good and the dress code is casual. They have a ping pong table in the office. We are not micromanaged, but are expected to sell. Beer at work (sometimes). Super nice office. Lot's of free food. They bring in massage therapists for us. The health insurance is practically free for Anthem. You can work some days from home if you hit quota.

ConsIt's hard to get hired here. They interview a lot of candidates. Non-sales jobs don't pay as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for hiring me.

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!