Blackstone Technology Group Reviews

Reset
4.1
Blackstone Technology Group CEO David Mysona
David Mysona

Pros
  • There's always great happy hours, dinners and beers if you have to work late (in 5 reviews)

• The developers on the software team were really good people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Small company is great, but this company changes direction based on where the (in 5 reviews)

• Inability to retain quality consultants after the smoke screen clears (in 3 reviews)

1. Blackstone Technology Group

Current Employee - Virginia in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Virginia in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

Team/Family environment, culture, good healthcare benefits

Cons

No 401k match, No FSA for health care

2. good company for the right person

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-managers are hands-off but alawys make sure to check in -allows employees to challenge themselves -many opportunities to get involved -very agile

Cons

-can be tough for a self-starter -talent retention seems to be an issue but that is the nature of consulting

3. Awesome Company and Culture

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Great processes. Great culture. These guys run lean and mean, but it's a result oriented environment that drives a lot of success. They have invested a lot in me, and I am very thankful for that and the opportunity they have provided to me in terms of my professional growth so far. They pay well, and they make me feel like I'm a part of the overall success of the company. Very cool.

Cons

IT Services and software development is hard work, so the hours are long but the rewards are there. It definitely helps if you aren't afraid to ask for things like a challenging role or project or certain specific training, because they respond very well when you do. If you don't ask though, and they don't notice you itching for something new or different, then it seems like some of peers stay where they are at.

Advice to Management

Keep reinforcing the culture that we have growing here, keep on rewarding folks for their performance and contributions!

5. Great Environment to Grow Professionally

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Washington, DC

Pros

- Great opportunity to grow professionally and receive on-the-job training in new technologies - Great corporate culture, very 'flat' hierarchy system with senior management and corporate officers - Diverse client groups, opportunities for travel - Monthly happy hours and various company events

Cons

- 401(K) program available, however no employer contribution - Back-filling positions sometimes an issue, sometimes employees don't grow to a new role so much as take on more duties in addition to their current responsibilities.

Advice to Management

- Revisit benefits discussion and take employee feedback into consideration on what options best fit their needs.

6. Blackstone Technology Group

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time

Pros

Great environment with friendly people to work with. Everyone cares about your well being and builds a team environment. The work can be demanding, but people break down your work habits in an effort to improve efficiency. Monthly happy hours. Great benefits and perks. Heart of downtown SF office location.

Cons

Computers could be newer and cooler. Some software is slow and laggy. More money never hurt no one.

Advice to Management

Can we hang out more? I just want to buy you a drink and pick your brain.

7. Trellis Practice: Great Company. Great career opportunity.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company. Been around since mid-90's, with very seasoned upper level management. Open door policy to founders. If you are self motivated, willing to step up to the plate you will be rewarded, have good career growth opportunities and positioned to make a change. Definitely a culture that is open to new ideas and innovation. Solution offering is state off the art, modern technology, which is above and beyond what the competition is offering. A lot of growth potential here.

Cons

Not the most structured environment. This can be a con to someone who is looking for a lot of support and guidance, but a big pro for someone who is an independent, self starter type looking for career growth and innovation.

Advice to Management

Continue to enhance on-boarding and training programs.

8. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture Very good implementation of Agile methodologies Focus on Technology is narrow, but focused on good things Fantastic people to work with Outstanding work / life balance

Cons

Focus on technology could be a bit wider Technical employees often have to work multiple projects

Advice to Management

Focus technical employees on as few projects as possible

Trellis Practice - good team members, bad management

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team members are nice and helpful

Cons

- Bad management. The EVP and the director don't know how to manage projects and people. - Fake agile practice. It's more like on-demand methodology. You are asked to implemented features at last minutes. - High turn around rate.

Blackstone Technology Group Response

Jul 29, 2015 – .

Thank you for your comment about bad management and Agile, your feedack is important. I review all comments and see how we can be a better company in the Trellis areas you are suggesting. Thank you ... More

10. Technical Recruiting

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are nice I GUESS (?)

Cons

Heaby, heavy, heavy micro managed company!!!!

Advice to Management

Trust the people YOU HIRED MORE.

Blackstone Technology Group Response

Jul 29, 2015 – .

Thank you for your comment about micro management and trust, your feedack is important. I review all comments and see how we can improve in the areas you suggest. Thank you again for your comments ... More

11. Recruiter

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time

Pros

Great people! Great benefits! They really value their employees and want to see them grow within the organization. The Trellis team is exceptionally fun.

Cons

Can be a bit of a bro environment Have to learn to fit in as a woman

RSS Feed </> Embed