Blanc & Otus

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Richard Weber

A great company to work out with interesting clients, good training and a fun culture.

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blanc & Otus full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe people and opportunities to advance your career. The team here is very supportive of creative and proactive thinking. If you have a particular passion this is a place where you can go for it.

ConsBeing boutique Blanc and Otus is pretty nimble, but sometimes being part of a larger organization can make decision making slower

Really nice people but competitive environment, too focused on process & not on results

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Blanc & Otus full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat at teaching the basics; very detail oriented so you learn how to have eagle eyes and do things right; everyone is friendly and caring, funny

ConsAir of mistrust, tons of micromanaging, super competitive environment, no training, morale is mediocre, agency is pretty risk adverse, lots of talk about "messaging and positioning" but when it comes to driving BIG results, the agency lacks. There's no drive to network in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementTRUST your employees to do a good job; give them room to grow; don't constantly ask to see everything they do, let them MANAGE projects - even at the more junior level. Take more risks, be creative, and don't underestimate the power of BIG media hits.

High on sociability, low on solidarity

Account Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Blanc & Otus

ProsUnlike sister agency, H&K, B&O isnt a stuffy place to work. There were a few people who would make you feel welcomed and wanted, but many of them had left. It is an agency that invests in training. Met some of the most colorful characters in the PR world.

ConsExtremely political especially with new management team. Lots of favoritism and people were promoted when they don't really deserve it. Agency had lost its culture with the new management in place. High turnover at the mid-level. Great place to start one's career if you know how to play the political game... and if you can continue playing that game, you are guaranteed quick promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO, while is an extremely nice guy, needs to be more hands on what's going on in each office rather than just passing the buck down to the GM and/or VPs.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

specific culture fit needed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Blanc & Otus

Prosresources available for industry knowledghe

Consaccount mix provided not enough

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate

A good place to grow your career

I have been working at Blanc & Otus

ProsHigh standards - you get pushed to do things the right way
Responsibility - the senior team are happy for you to take on new responsibilities if you show you have what it takes
Fairness and collaboration - everyone tries hard (with a couple of notable exceptions) to work towards a common goal and help each other

ConsNo slacking - it isn't a sweatshop, but there isn't much time for kicking back
Salaries - feels like we are falling behind the market and it seems increasingly hard to get a raise

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing most of the right things internally, but need a better profile outside of the company. More junior staff needed to take the pressure off

Worked for Blanc & Otus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blanc & Otus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blanc & Otus CEO Richard Weber. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Blanc & Otus employees.