Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore

Add Photos

Kenneth R. Wake

Stressful

I worked at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore part-time

ProsFun environment and great co-workers. The internal procedures are well defined and there is open communication throughout the firm.

ConsThe wages here are very, very low. They do not really do much to try to retain talented workers. Their business model anticipates high turnover and is designed for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more competitive compensation

Not enough pay for the workload

I worked at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore

ProsAttorneys are really very good.

ConsSupervision is lacking in tact and patience

Good experience for college job

Legal Clerk (Former Employee)
Normal, IL

I worked at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore as an intern for less than a year

ProsDefined objectives for each role in company, strong sense of teamwork, fair pay, fun summer work party!

ConsJob can be very routine, need to hire more educated staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more recognition, provide directional career paths for college employees.

the worst in my working career, have never seen policies made to destroy moral

Collection Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore full-time for more than 5 years

Prosdowntown location, close to transportation, offers 401k, vacation and healh

Conspartners and management have no reasonable ethics, they have a large turnover and care nothing about their collections staff..also their pay/bonus structure is unrealistic..stay away!!

Advice to Senior Managementnone, they know everything

The few perks of working there do not compensate for the overall negative experience

Legal (Former Employee)

I worked at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company offers decent benefits available to all full-time employees: medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc. There's also disability, life insurance, and other basic benefits.

If people put in the effort and do well in their positions, it's somewhat easy to get moved around to other positions to gain experience and/or break the daily monotony involved (although getting raises for changing positions is a whole other story)

The company is in an accessible location by Metra or CTA in the downtown financial district.

The schedule can be flexible and you get 15 paid days off throughout the year. (This is both for vacation and sick days)

ConsThe main reason that people get fed up and leave this company so quickly is due to poor management. There is very little constructive feedback or criticism given at any level, but make one mistake and the reprimands are in no short supply.

Senior management is laser focused on the bottom line and meeting monthly goals, this leaves the professional and personal development of employees as an afterthought.

Training is inconsistent and the lack of communication between all departments in the company is astounding. This again leads to low morale and high-turnover.

The pay is low compared to other law firms for similar work. Although the benefits package offered is generous, making the contributions every pay period in order to get those benefits is not easy when your pay is not that much higher of someone in the food service industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems like Management has become accustomed and complacent to the high-turnover without realizing that the time and money spent on filling openings all the time is better spent rewarding the people who are there every day and would like to continue to grow in their careers.

Focus on creating a work environment where people are treated like adults and appreciated for their work.

Not a place you want to work

I worked at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore

ProsBenefits are OK and vacation/sick days are pretty comparable to other organizations. Better than unemployment, but only by a little.

ConsThe partners have no respect for the employees. Everyone is afraid they are going to be fired. Constant threats of being 'written up' for every little thing you do. No room for learning from you mistakes - you'll be fired first.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to learn about modern (last 2-3 decades) managements styles. They still operate in the authoritarian model and do not share any information with the employees. At least read a book on management - that couldn't hurt.

They treat their employees like they treat the debtors they collect on.

I worked at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore

ProsIt will provide you with a paycheck and you do you have the opportunity to learn about how to maintain a good credit score.

ConsThe management does not care about their workers. They have a business model built on one thing...the bottom line and they do not care about how they reach it. This business will casually toss aside any one of it's excellent workers without a second glance to get to the bottom line. Their communication abilities are abysmal and it is surprising that they are able to maintain any type of profit with the grave errors that are caused by simple miscommunications.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your staff like you would any process that might help you turn out suits faster. You have a very talented and (only the lord knows why) invested staff. Yet you do not help them to develop and prosper and in turn help your company succeed.

Terrible Place for a Woman in a Management Role or any role

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore

ProsA paycheck and benefits however low the paycheck may be.

ConsArbitrary firing of talented people (I was not one of them)
They regulary pick someone to be their best employee for a period of time then suddenly decide that person is worthless. There is no training for anyone. They are terribly antiquated. They at one time were actually docking people time if they worked over 40 hours - they would not pay them the extra 15 or 20 minutes that they worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould not know where to start except to say, remember to treat your employees as you yourself would want to be treated. This is how people support themselves and also feel as sense of satisfation. Treat people well.

This place will put you in debt.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore

ProsYou get a 45 minute lunch. Holiday functions the boss buys liquor.

ConsPay, benefits, hours, and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlexible hours, better pay, training for supervisors, better selection of a office.

Worked for Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore CEO Kenneth R. Wake. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore employees.