Blendtec Reviews

Updated September 25, 2014
2.4

Craig Taylor
1 Rating

I'm excited about our future, Sales are up costs are going down.

I have been working at Blendtec full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good people, great products, Finally some really good top managers. Gym, profit sharing, cafeteria, medical clinic, massage, free blender, better than average pay.

Cons

Employee morale is low due to replacing lots of people this last two years. It did need to be done though.

Keep up the good work! Eliminate wast and respect people.

The horror...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. Absolutely none. I cannot make up any Pros to make up the 20 word minimum in order to list Pros.

Cons

Horrible management and leadership. No direction. Impossible expectations and lack of respect for experience. Their way or your out regardless of the ridiculous tasks. Full of nepotism. No support. Leadership speaks from both sides of their mouths. Shakes your hand, looks at you in the eyes then leaves you high and dry. No response to emails or requests. No marketing initiative. Owner has 'just build it, people will buy it' mentality. Only a single viral video marketing campaign that is 6 years old. No respect for any of them. Gave it my all. My trust and they failed time and time again. Every other week there is change in corporate policy, HR, benefits, sales direction. They are literally making it up as they go.

Does not matter. I have provided plenty of advice to deaf ears. Sent emails to directly to CEO, President, VPs and Directors only to be ignored. They don't care. If you are not related or in their inner circle, forget it. Horrible. Just horrible.

Stressful

I have been working at Blendtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are great people that work at Blendtec. Some of them really care about the success of each individual, the success of on time delivery, customer service and the overall success of the company. I enjoy working with that mentality. It can be exciting.

Cons

Blendtec is struggling to change its culture. For years it has been a culture of motivation by "fear", "do it our way and now or you are fired", "don't ask questions or make suggestions". I believe there are some on the executive team that are really wanting to change this culture. But it is not happening.

The company is growing rapidly. There is a lot of disorganization throughout the company. A bit of the blame game between departments takes place. Departments stealing each others employees and going to HR behind each others backs. It gets a bit preposterous.

Each employee gets 3 weeks of PTO per year. Sounds amazing. But it is difficult to get time off. If your manager approves it, and you take time off, you can still find yourself in a bad situation when you come back if you have not reported your time off to everyone on the executive team. Yet, that information is not in the employee handbook.

There have been absolutely no raises for over a year for anyone in the company. There is talk about possibly giving raises again next year.

The CEO has stated that he has an open door policy and wants to hear from employees any time. Please make good on your declaration to the employees. If you really want to hear from us please remove barriers, hurdles and guard dogs from preventing us to get to your open door. Please update time-off policies in the employee handbook to prevent stressful situations when using PTO. Please be up front and honest about raises. Cost of living is going up but no one is getting raises. Please help us understand why this is.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tough pitchman job with a flawed product.

Former Employee - Costco Roadshow Representative  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Costco Roadshow Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Blendtec full-time

Pros

It is fun pitching products inside of Costco stores and if it is a busy store in a middle to high income area, you can make money.

Cons

Blendtec has had a leaking bearing gasket issue with their jars for years with no fix yet. I had customers tell me their jars were leaking, and all I could do is let them know that they could get a new jar. Also there is a lot of air pocket problem when blending ice cream as we were trained to do! ..as well as some customers complaining about difficulty in getting smooth blends with frozen fruit.

Fix that darned gasket issue with double bearings or whatever it takes!. Add additional blades to eliminate the air pocket in thick blends and chunks in frozen fruits.
     Also, after these fixes are done...do some real advertising to help the reps out there busting their tails off competing with a highly advertised and decent blender called Ninja. You are losing a huge market share to them and Vitamix, mainly for being cheapo and not improving your blenders!

Good employés are leaving

I have been working at Blendtec full-time

Pros

They have a very good product and it basically sells it self. Their are good employees that have good ideas. Sales has done a lot for the organization> it is a good place unless you are looking for something longer than 2 years.

Cons

A lot of good employees have been let go and replaced with people that can talk a good story. When it has come to actually getting things done , it is the ones that have been there a long time that knows how to fix the issues caused by the hiring of inexperienced people. You are told not to say anything that will be considered negative. If you try and offer constructive criticism, it is considered to be negative and are warned not to talk that way.Management only wants to hear the positive.

Listen to the employees. quit hiring friends based on being good talkers and hire some real experienced people that can help the company. All suggestions should not be considered negative but area that can be improved upon.

Restructuring or firing squad?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Blendtec has some great people working for it. Many people I really care and worry about. The product is perfection.

Cons

Good people are constantly getting fired in the name of "restructuring". People have great ideas on how to improve processes that could save the company a lot of money. But Blendtec has created an environment where you are not safe sharing ideas that do not agree with current processes 100%.

We the employees see problems and want to share them with management. It benefits our incentive payout to share problems. But, most of us need the job too badly and fear being fired for sharing an idea that is outside of the box. Once a problem has been identified by management, thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars have been lost. Management in conjunction and guidance of HR find a scapegoat and terminate that person. Then an announcement of restructuring is made.

Basically, if you want to work for Blendtec, go in with the understanding that you are replaceable. Employees are not important at Blendtec. Right now we are very overworked. Management and HR knows we are overworked. But nothing has changed.

Change the organizational culture. Have a little faith in the employees who are actually in the trenches. Don't take everything at face value from supervisors/managers and HR. Do a little investigating. Hire a 3rd party consultant to come in and get the real story. Imagine what Blendtec could be if you implemented an idea or version of an idea of an employees that saved hundreds of hours of time in shipping and sales support.

Every relationship takes effort. The executive team should put in the effort to build healthy, mutual-respect, relationships with employees. Don't expect change over night. Trust needs to be earned.

Miss-managed company

I have been working at Blendtec full-time

Pros

There are some very good people working here. The company provides good benefits and a great bonus program. Great products. A lot of potential.

Cons

Senior staff is out of touch, uncaring, and too far removed from what is going on. The employee morale is horrible and getting worse, but the problems continue. There are improper hiring practices going on as the executive team makes room and creates positions for friends. The lean initiative is a joke. Data is not real and is made up to placate management. There are certain aspects of improvement, but overall things are much worse than they were before. Employees are extremely frustrated but cannot say anything to management for fear of job security.

Since your heads are in the sand, hire an outside unbiased company to come in and survey the employees so you can get an idea of how things really are and how people really feel. Then let's change together and actually make improvements and create the culture we want without all the forms and fluff that are unnecessary and a waste of time for everyone.

I like where Blendtec is headed

I have been working at Blendtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible CEO (Craig Taylor). He definitely cares about the company, people and culture. The executive team in place right now seem to be the right people in the right positions. I am excited for what this new year brings. I cannot describe the excitement I feel about Blendtec right now. I am excited to be part of it.

Cons

I have seen some unpleasant things take place this year. But it looks like Upper management has taken care of the issues. There may be some stragglers. Hopefully that will change by either the person/people changing or a change in management.

Keep doing what your doing. I honestly feel like I count. I am so excited to be part of this company.

Flexible, Progress Oriented, but lacks Open Communication

I have been working at Blendtec

Pros

Blendtec has an awesome product and an amazing manufacturing facility.

Cons

Due to corporate restructuring and a growing turnover, employee morale is on the decline. Additionally, rampant nepotism makes advancements very difficult.

The Highs & Lows of Blendtec

Former Employee - National Sales Manager  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very innovative. Trouble getting customer excited. Some nice on-site perks: Fitness Facility, Cafeteria, Clinic.

Cons

Very volatile middle management. Most last 18 months to 2 years. Takes to long to bring products to market.

Trust the people you hire, they are trying to grow your company!!! Spend money on advertising your innovations and technology!!!

Blendtec Photos

Best in Class!
Blendtec is passionate about health.
Blendtec is at Costco

+ Add Photo

Worked for Blendtec? Contribute to the Community!