Blessing Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Blessing Hospital President & CEO Brad Billings

Brad Billings

The work is great, but the management is awful

Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blessing Hospital for more than a year

ProsThe patients are great and are always a pleasure to work for. Other ancillary staff (Therapy, social work, pharmacy, etc) are incredibly knowledgeable and are quick to seek guidance from other disciplines when necessary. Also very easy to work with.

ConsManagement is awful and now all about the bottom line and making the most money. The HR department is useless for anything above directing you to someone's voicemail. Blessing's policy is to pay at the 50th percentile of wages for the area...so I was only able to make ends meet through creative and careful planning.
Lastly, I suffered a traumatic workplace injury, where I broke 2 bones and tore the ligaments in my ankle. I was told by my manager that I could come back with the restrictions of 100% sitting and the day before I came back was informed that I had to meet with HR first. In my meeting with HR, and my mgr, and department mgr, I was informed that if I could not return to work with 100% clearance from my dr. I would be released from my job within 30 days. An HR representative said, and I quote, "We are not required to make any concessions for you, so we won't"

Advice to Senior ManagementMid-level management needs to learn and follow ICARE standards...it's a joke and that's why you haven't been able to see the results you wanted.

Horrid Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Quincy, IL

I worked at Blessing Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt is a job, in Quincy, that can offer decent benefits.

ConsScheduling is atrocious, management is horrid, under-qualified managers in positions just to fill "spots", team work is absent, poor representation for workers that are not MDs or specialists, Human Resources is useless. When you begin work here, you will be handed a survey--by the CEO--which will ask you some questions regarding your first thirty days at Blessing. You will be told this survey is confidential, but in my experience, the CEO just handed it down to the department manager, and I was brought in and interrogated as to my answers. This is just some of the dirty tactics utilized by Blessing Hospital. Now, let's get into pay rates....if you are expecting pay rates on par with other medical organizations, think again. Blessing pays at the very minimum rate...this is the very reason many first-time MDs are leaving in abundance, rather than staying in the community that they've learned in. If you have a choice, I'd say work elsewhere your conscience will thank you.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, when guaranteeing something will remain confidential--keep it that way,don't go behind the employee's back and inform their supervisor.

Nothing to shout about!

Quincy, IL

I have been working at Blessing Hospital

ProsIt close to where I live and the some of the nurses are excellent

ConsThey are suppose to practice "I Care" standards, but some do not and sometimes it depends on what shift you work. Director and supervisors often walk by you and don't speak to you even tho they see you or they look down theirs noses to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck to see how employees are being treated and let them to be able to talk freely about what is going on their unit without having to worry about being fired.

Worked for Blessing Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blessing Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blessing Hospital CEO Brad Billings. All reviews posted anonymously by Blessing Hospital employees.