Bleu Marketing Solutions

3.2

CEO

Don't settle for less.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They work with big clients.

Cons

Where do I begin? If you're a creative you'll be worked to the bone and be given an extremely LOW salary. ( high budget projects though, where's that money going?)

You'll be placed in a chaotic atmosphere where you'll be given unrealistic deadlines and be expected to stay late.

There's no trust, the owner hired two people dedicated to monitoring every move you make on your computer.

Be respectful and honest. Pay your employees fairly.

Ditto, avoid at all costs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Big clients, nice part of town

Cons

The owner creates a a chaotic and stressful atmosphere which reflects the owner's personality. It's not organized, respectful or efficient and the directives change daily. Checks and balances usually present in business environments do not apply here. You will be miserable unless it's your first job and you don't know any better.

Career stopper - Avoid at all cost

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions

Pros

- Great place to learn when starting in interactive media. Offers good client exposure and access to various positions
    - Get to wear multiple hats and move from one department to the other

Cons

- Extremely low pay compared to other agencies. Heavily rely on interns
    - Career stopper, no opportunities for growth
    - No mentoring
    - Awkward and unhealthy work atmosphere

Not worth your blood, sweat and tears. There are way too many agencies in SF to chose from, don't settle for less.

Current Employee - Media in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Media in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Your peers are generally good people, you get to work on several aspect of media campaigns due to small and nimble teams. Client roster is okay, good way to start in the business

Cons

Main cons would be the exec staff. Concur with all the other negative reviews. Pay, work ethics, not a good resume builder.

Not sure where the 5 stars reviews come from...

Good clients, but poor management and work environment

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions

Pros

There are some decent clients that are interesting to work with. The location of the office is nice, right in the marina.

Cons

The leadership is poor which makes for a suppressed work environment. The pay is far below average, yet the hours you're expected to put in are long. The upper senior management is very difficult to work with.

1) Adjust your salaries to pay people fairly
    2) Don't take advantage of foreigners
    3) Treat people (clients and staff) with respect and honesty

Okay. Stale work environment

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions

Pros

Good learning experience. Work with some large clients but more so of a facilitator

Cons

Really small. Awkward office environment.

A small agency with big clients

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time

Pros

Bleu marketing is great if you are relatively inexperienced. With the small company size, everyone gets to work on a variety of projects, build new skills and explore what interests them. Many people have started off as interns and have grown into full-time employees and moved further up the ranks in the field of their choice. All employees do not end up working on one client performing one task over and over.

The client work is varied and challenging. The integrated campaigns pull together strategy, media, print design, digital design, traditional advertising, code development, and analytics that are all produced by a team in-house. Nothing is farmed-out. We own the work.

The location is nice—in a victorian at Union & Fillmore in San Francisco. A lot of shopping, dining and transportation options are right here.

Cons

Being in a small company means everybody interacts with everybody. You can't hide at your desk from the CEO or the other members of your team. Also, the deadlines are tight and the clients are demanding.

Have more open dialogue with the staff to ease the stress level when the demands are high.

Overall a great company to work with.

Current Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great projects, plenty of challenges, and understanding team for the most part. I've worked with several of the people that have given negative comments and they wanted personal glory and to sabotage other employees to make themselves look better, not what's best for the end client. So take the negative comments with a grain of salt. If you are honest and sincere about meeting the goals of the client, Bleu is an excellent company.

Cons

Not much to say here, the cons are the same as every business but there really aren't many. We've had a slow time building up an understanding, but that's true of every business.

Good place to work at.

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good working atmosphere, similar background.

Cons

Could do with a higher salary.

More office amenities.

An awesome agency!

Current Employee - Client Services in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

• I work as an intern at Bleu Marketing and I this is why I love this agency. If you want to get involved in interesting projects with big clients it's an excellent choice.

• Bleu's employees are also awesome and it's a pleasure to wake up every morning and work with them. We regularly go out together! This detail shows a certain form of agency culture: we feel involved, we have similar goals and values.

• Bleu's employees are very talented and highly skilled. They have incredible analytical, creative, and oratory skills. As an intern I learn a lot of things with them. I have never felt so positively stimulated at work and it is mainly due to the work atmosphere.

• All these reasons make me want to stay at Bleu because I am deeply convinced that this agency is full of potential, notably thanks to an orientation towards new technologies.

• Since its creation in 2001, the agency keeps growing and this is a sign of its ability to evolve in the splinternet era based on digital content. It is also a sign of quality management. All the departments play an important role in this constant growth, from the design studio to the client services, including the IT and the Business Development departments.

• The agency is located in a peaceful and extremely nice area (Marina/Cow Hollow) where you have plenty of good restaurants, bars and cafes.

• Bleu Marketing is not one of these big agencies where you feel like a cog in a machine. It is a workplace where you constantly interact with your peers, a place where you can really make a difference if you have big ideas and strong motivation. I definitely recommend this agency.

Cons

• Interns are only paid with bus clippers. It shouldn't be like that because San Francisco is a very expensive city. But you know, for interns it's almost everywhere like that now...

Focus on digital marketing and social integration. It's an evolution that shouldn't be missed!