Blinds.com

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
4.6

Jay Steinfeld

My experience has been amazing. I have NO room to complain.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX

I have been working at Blinds.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can wear whatever you want to work, hats, flip flops, shorts...etc. They promote hard honest workers, not people who have been there the longest just because of their time with the company. Bonuses, and profit sharing bring in extra money, and both sales and service agents are on performance based compensation = hard work means more pay. Most call center people earn well over $25 per hour. Flexible schedules and work from home opportunities. Great management. Great coworkers. Free CAKE all the time. Super job.

Cons

For sales and service, it is still a call center, and it is still a job. It can get boring, and you run in to those special customers from time to time that make you want to...uhhhh, take a break. When you consider the great pay that comes along with this though, and the overall great job, it is well worth it. Where else do high school educated gals and guys come in, feel respected and earn over $50,000 per year on a 40 hour a week job???

Stay Awesome!

Best career move I have ever made!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Blinds.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great coaching, mentoring and amazing open door policy. Management do really want to hear about your ideas and suggestions. Really fun work environment with great work/life balance.

Cons

-People around you can get pretty loud and distracting and makes it hard to hear customers on the other end of the line.

-Office tours almost everyday with groups of people which is very distracting.

-Slight favoritism

Keep up the great work and success!

May 6, 2014Recruiter

Thanks for the great feedback! We take a lot of pride in the continued development of our employees. We're working hard as we scale the facility to address your concerns about distractions ... More

the Emperors Clothes

I worked at Blinds.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the company tries to make it a fun atmosphere by supplying perks such as free snacks, great coffee, crazy deco, outings,and giveaways. It all seems great at first then....

Cons

They have a meeting every week where all the employees jump up and down and cheer on the President of the Company. It's all so fake. Resembles the story of the Emperors clothes. There are a couple of employees that are favored by management and bully the other employees over sales and get away with it. All the employees know it and it does not make for a fun working environment, but no one says anything because they're scared they will lose their jobs. It gets really loud in the sales pit, to the point customers are unable to hear you. Other times the customers can hear and make comments about employees in the background being unprofessional. Training needs much improvement.

Pay attention. You have a few bad apples in the company.

Mar 10, 2014Recruiter

Thank you for the candid feedback. This information has been relayed to the leadership team in the hopes that we can improve the environment for our employees. We will work hard to continue to ... More

AMAZING - without a doubt the best company I've ever worked for

I have been working at Blinds.com as an intern

Pros

-positive team environment
    -great mentoring & coaching
    -creativity and new ideas encouraged
    -fun team environment with great company events
    -LOTS of training available for any job-related skill you might want to learn

Cons

really cannot think of any

continuous improvement :)

May 6, 2014Recruiter

Great to see a positive experience...even as an intern! Let us know if we can improve more.

Best career move ever!

I have been working at Blinds.com

Pros

Very friendly staff
    Sense of community
    Very cool "Google" like work atmosphere
    Very satisfying pay
    Always encouraging and recognizing your work performance

Cons

During slow times there's not much to do
    11 hour work days during the week

Nothing really, love the management!

Houston's best place to work, handsdown; We love what we do!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Houston, TX

I have been working at Blinds.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Transparency from management (clear communication)
    Freedom and autonomy to contribute to all areas of the business
    Flexible hours
    Great benefits and above average pay
    Outstanding culture
    Casual and comfortable
    Commitment to company core values
    Smiling faces aroudn you!

Cons

Requires ability to work independently because no one will hold your hand
    Must be willing to contribute and be an active participant in all areas of the business
    Houston weather can be oppressive and not always the most outdoor-friendly city

Culture is not everything, it's the ONLY thing so we must do everything to maintain it and make it even better. There also needs to be a clearer understanding on where IT/engineering falls in to overall company strategy.

Blinds.com is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Blinds.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The flexible schedules and telecommuting option is amazing. Management is always supportive and appreciative of quality work and dedication.

Cons

It is a "shared work environment" meaning everyone is in a large room in cubicles. The atmosphere creates distractions.

The best career move I ever made

I have been working at Blinds.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's hard to imagine a workplace that employees actually love returning to everyday. Turnover is VERY low and general employee attitude is very positive, it's not like any business I've experienced before.

- Employee-focused culture and camaraderie
    - Strong performance based bonuses
    - Healthy salary levels (across the board, even call center employees do VERY well)
    - Training opportunities
    - Lots of opportunities to grow - apply for new roles in different departments or grow where you are
    - Health and wellness focus (to help cancel out the copious amounts of cake eaten here)
    - VERY cool office space - seriously, it's like working at Google

Cons

There's no standing still here, this isn't a place to just have a 'job'. You won't last long if you watch the clock all day or want a place to park while you wait for the next big thing. Expect to be pushed and take responsibility, this kind of intensity just isn't for everyone.

Please don't change as the company grows - it's so refreshing to have a CEO and leadership team that cares, listens and grows alongside us.