Blink Fitness

CEO

Good Place To Start

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free gym membership, 50% commission on personal training sales, easy to pick to clients, not number based, opportunity for quarterly bonus, clean facility, friendly members

Cons

No health insurance or benefits for personal trainers (doesn't matter how many sessions a trainer does per week, month or quarter), low pay for floor shifts, company offers many package options for 30 minute sessions, but only 1 package for 60 minutes (encourages members to stick with 30 minute sessions & deters them from 60 minute sessions which I feel is done purposely to keep hours down for trainers), very little growth opportunity.

Take better care of your trainers. An opportunity for a bonus is nice but won't help when it comes to going to the doctor when I'm sick. Equinox offers health insurance, and Blink is owned by Equinox, so why doesn't Blink offer health insurance or benefits? Fact: The personal trainers offer and sell the only extended service for Blink, meaning they make a lot of money for this company.

Have fun work out and then get out

Current Employee - Manager On Duty in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Manager On Duty in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free work outs. Great company culture. Full of enthusiastic, bubbly, and charismatic people.

Cons

Horrible pay, strenuous and tedious task. As far as growing you are playing a game of Russian Roulette. Did they open a spot in the same time that the right person likes you. Sometime the very thing that brought you in to the job is the things that keeps people from working with you to help you grow. It seems all club managers speak the same script. Ask me anything if you are on unsure but then if I don't know I will make up and answer. They are never up to date or have any actually understanding of why something is. If you ask to to many questions regarding something they do not know and fall out of their graces during the same time there is a opening expect that someone off the street will get your position. Forget that they want to promote from within.

Take in to consideration more opinion from lower staff. It almost hilarious that you are confused by the high turnover rate. You don't want good workers to leave even if you treat them badly because you don't want it to go up but then you treat them badly because you have enough staff in the world to work at McDonald's rate for Starbucks service. Consider the plight you leave your employees to deal with.

A job not a Career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time

Pros

Free Membership and Not open 24/7 like Planet fitness

Cons

Either you are part of the "club" or you're not
    Kiss right butt and you're n

Stop letting suck-ups get away with everything

Worked at Blink for 6 months

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Depending on the club you go to and the manager you get, Blink can be very comfortable
    Absolute control over your schedule
    Friendly employees

Cons

I HATE THE CORPORATION
    Disgruntled Consumers. Blink always finds someway to screw with their customers
    Payroll sometimes messes up checks
    Pays too little with no chance of promotion or evolving.
    As a trainer, You're never making more than 40k a year unless you've decided to live in the gym.

Depends on manager but always be up front to your employees, never let your emotions affect your professionalism and PLEASE DO NOT PLAY FAVORITES.
    Keep schedule consistent, don't play with people's hours

No training. They treat employees like garbage.

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Better than not having a job. A little.

Cons

They don't pay well and you are basically stuck in your position until you quit or are fired.

Front Desk

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time

Pros

workout for free that's the only benefits there is and the teammate are awesome

Cons

no benefits other than working-out for free. advancement is limited.

Listen to the employees

Great Place with Great People. You're Gonna Love It Here!

Current Employee - Club Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Club Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free Gym Membership. Great Members. Great Associates. Become friends with Trainers and get personal trained on their time.

Cons

No Discounts. Very Poor Pay. Don't expect to pay ANY bills with this job. Just use it for the free membership.

manager on duty

Current Employee - Manager On Duty in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager On Duty in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My coworkers are great and personable. Since I've been with the company the CM has changed 3 times. All 3 CMs were amazing. They were willing to work with my schedule and are extremely understanding. Even my Area Manager is very nice, but he means business. My job is fun and I don't dread getting up and going there every day.

Cons

The pay. The starting pay is minimal and your yearly increase is 3%. Also, there aren't any incentives to push for sales. I like working there, but at times I feel like I'm not getting compensated enough for the work that I do.

Create some incentives for your Front Desk Associates to push for sales. After all, it is the exceptional customer service provided by your FDAs that pull in the members and close the deals.

Hit or Miss

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the gym itself, is a great idea. It's good quality, good equipment. the fellow employees are great people to work with,and the clientele are awesome.

Cons

i can only speak for the location i worked at, but the management isn't as experienced as they should be. things are out of stock consistently, they don't think about the good of the employees, the things they do to "better the facility" only go as far as the surface, and they don't seem to care about creating a better foundation to keep the gym running smoothly consistantly.

cross train all employees, learn better scheduling techniques, take employee feedback more seriously.

Maintenance

Current Employee - Maintenance in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Maintenance in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free Gym Membership to any blink location.
    good vibe.
    clean facility

Cons

Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean...nothing more. you can face disciplinary actions or termination if you even assist in any other role than your own (ex. helping out with front desk)