Blink Fitness

Updated September 13, 2014
Updated September 13, 2014
2.9

CEO

Great Place with Great People. You're Gonna Love It Here!

Current Employee - Club Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Club Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Gym Membership. Great Members. Great Associates. Become friends with Trainers and get personal trained on their time.

Cons

No Discounts. Very Poor Pay. Don't expect to pay ANY bills with this job. Just use it for the free membership.

Front Desk

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time

Pros

workout for free that's the only benefits there is and the teammate are awesome

Cons

no benefits other than working-out for free. advancement is limited.

Listen to the employees

manager on duty

Current Employee - Manager On Duty  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager On Duty in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers are great and personable. Since I've been with the company the CM has changed 3 times. All 3 CMs were amazing. They were willing to work with my schedule and are extremely understanding. Even my Area Manager is very nice, but he means business. My job is fun and I don't dread getting up and going there every day.

Cons

The pay. The starting pay is minimal and your yearly increase is 3%. Also, there aren't any incentives to push for sales. I like working there, but at times I feel like I'm not getting compensated enough for the work that I do.

Create some incentives for your Front Desk Associates to push for sales. After all, it is the exceptional customer service provided by your FDAs that pull in the members and close the deals.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hit or Miss

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

the gym itself, is a great idea. It's good quality, good equipment. the fellow employees are great people to work with,and the clientele are awesome.

Cons

i can only speak for the location i worked at, but the management isn't as experienced as they should be. things are out of stock consistently, they don't think about the good of the employees, the things they do to "better the facility" only go as far as the surface, and they don't seem to care about creating a better foundation to keep the gym running smoothly consistantly.

cross train all employees, learn better scheduling techniques, take employee feedback more seriously.

Maintenance

Current Employee - Maintenance  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Maintenance in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Gym Membership to any blink location.
    good vibe.
    clean facility

Cons

Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean, Clean...nothing more. you can face disciplinary actions or termination if you even assist in any other role than your own (ex. helping out with front desk)

Care more about making money then expanding their business the right way

Former Employee - Manager On Duty  in  Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager On Duty in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Blink Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a very easy job

Cons

They put their employees under a lot of pressure and don't appreciate them for going above and beyond. There are too many locations for the amount of people that are available in the corporate sector. They do not provide opportunities to advance in the company and they fire people and hire new people constantly. Employees are indisposable. Also very long hours are needed, with no overtime.

Care more about your employees and know your market and the money will come!

Wouldn't do it again.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Exponential growth in professional development, mostly because you're expected to handle a lot of work from Day 1 because of the lack of employees (see CON #4 below).

2) Free membership to Equinox and Blink gyms.

3) Good office location (Flatiron), right above the 19th Street Equinox location so you can slip out for a workout during lunch.........if you have the time. It's a little cramped, but the office is shared among Blink, Equinox, Soul Cycle, Pure Yoga and Creative Juice which is cool. You get to meet a lot more people that way.

4) Company holiday party. A lottt of fun, drinking, and dancing at a great venue. Too bad it only happens once a year.

Cons

1) Management will cheat you when they can. Employees are not priority here (although there is a small crew of people who are trying to improve office culture so kudos to them). Their idea of compensation is a "We couldn't have done it without you. Really!" Words of recognition are appreciated but when they're the only thing that's offered (repeatedly), they get old.

2) Speaking of old.....management consists of a couple dinosaurs. For a company that tries to scream "We're new, cool and modern!" the two executives are out of touch with the changing times.

3) There is no training.

4) High, high, high turnover. You get a Google Calendar invite to a farewell party every other week, I kid you not!

Pull yourself together, mates. Name-calling and yelling during meetings are hardly conducive to a productive environment. There needs to be some alignment in vision among the executives. Yes, startup environments can be very dynamic, but you're in Year 3 and you're backed by Equinox......c'mon now.

Work doesnt feel like work at times

Current Employee - Personal Trainer
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co workers feel like family and management wants to see you do good.... you do have to work hard but unlike other places blink notices hard work and rewards you for it.

Cons

No downsides as of yet

No advice to management

Worked for Blink Fitness? Contribute to the Community!