Blockbuster

Blockbuster Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jun 15, 2014

Blockbuster President Michael Kelly

Michael Kelly

Pros
  • Great weekly benefits with 10 free rentals a week (in 182 reviews)

• We got ten free movies per week which was a great perk (in 152 reviews)

Cons
  • Unrealistic expectations, upper management out of touch with what the customer wanted (in 46 reviews)

• unrealistic sales goals, upper management micro managed too much (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights
58 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good environment

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFree rentals, great atmosphere and nice co-workers. All in all I enjoyed my time working there. Sadly it's hard to find a location that is still open. If you do find one near you don't hesitate to apply.

ConsLow pay with little room for advancement. With multiple store closing and the likelihood that all stores will be closing soon, don't expect to stay with the company for an extended period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Account analyst

Account Analyst (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsManagement tried to keep the company going.

ConsBecause of the competition, the business was not doing well

The Blockbuster Experience

Senior Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat Benefits, Opportunities, Professional Atmosphere, Challenging engaged workload, Great Diversity

ConsBusiness did not have the funds to transition into the changing technologies of media demands

Advice to Senior ManagementShare your praise of former employees to future employers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Disappointing and lacked parent company committment

Western Leasing Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat Name, locations, ideas, concept.

ConsLimited resources, Management non committment t the future

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

I worked at corporate HQ

Accountant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCompany is dead. It's good they are dead. They didn't serve customers' needs.

ConsThey were stupid and they are dead. They believed their own sales pitch.

Advice to Senior ManagementServe your customers' needs in your future endeavors.

A rewarding place to work.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIf you like movies and people, you in the right place. People coming in for entertainment, fun place to work.

ConsCorporate strategy was too reactive and not forward thinking. Should have been more innovative and should have purchased netflix when they had the chance.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much rework.

No grand plan.

Program Manager (Former Employee) McKinney, TX

ProsThe people I worked with at the corporate office.

ConsCompany on the decline, obvious by closing of McKinney headquarters and all retail stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to set and stick to strategic plans.

Blockbuster review

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsBlockbuster was very flexible with my time while I was in school. Was a really fun place to work.

ConsDid not pay enough. Not the best benefits.

Horrible company with no respect for employees or customers

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Azle, TX

Prosits a job that does pay a very poor hourly wage. The higher up the ladder you climb the more corrupt you have to become in order to survive. Free movie rentals are the only good thing about this job.

ConsYou work long hours alone in the store. No way to take a break or much less have a bathroom break. they do not want you to eat in the work area but give no other area to eat. You can work 8 hrs and never leave the register area for anything!

Advice to Senior Managementget a grip on the real world. Treat employees as if they are humans with physical needs. Such as eating, bathroom breaks.

Eh

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFree movies
    Flexible Schedule
    Fun Enviornment

This was all in all a great place to work, staff was friendly, and it was an easy job.

ConsPoor upper management
    No Chance for advancement

getting brushed over for my own store by external hires for three years

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember you are nothing without those beneath you.

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!