Bloom Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bloom Energy Principal Co-Founder & CEO K.R. Sridhar

K.R. Sridhar

Pros
  • The company has grown to a place where the product is great, and so are the people that have built the product(in 4 reviews)

• The technology is cutting edge and fascinating to see develop(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect to work long hours, but the reward is there if the company succeeds in its ambitious goals(in 8 reviews)

• Engineers at BE work long hours with aggressive schedules and lean budgets(in 4 reviews)

Don't waste your time here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInspiring mission and the opportunity to work with some great people who are very smart and hardworking.

ConsLow morale and low pay. Favoritism and a lot of politics. Management has lack of trust in employees. Lack of career opportunities unless someone quits. Bad company culture. Employees are overworked and undervalued.

Technician

Technician (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsBuilding fuel cells systems,solar systems

ConsResponsiblities for RGA ;Helium leak detection

Advice to Senior Managementgood

Permanent position or bust

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of learning/good experience. Exciting technology.

ConsIn general, nobody sincerely cares about you. Lack of team building. Sub-par wages.
    A whole lot worse for contractors (no job security).

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least after you get into the black, hire more permanent positions instead of contractors.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked in sustaining engineering support?

Staff Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsInteresting, innovative fuel cell application.

ConsToo much politics in middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone to help.

Fantastic company with a great mission

ProsIt's truly inspiring to work with so many people that are passionate about advancing the state of fuel cell technology. My colleagues are some of the most brilliant and talented individuals I've worked with thus far, and I'm excited to see how far we can go in the next few years. It's a pretty fast-paced environment, but it functions to promote continual professional development, and it definitely ensures that work is never boring. Overall, I've been very satisfied working here.

ConsI wish there were more company events. We do have picnics occasionally, but the company has gotten so big it has started to become a little disconnected.

manufacturing

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGood co workers, location is good,

ConsAt first I was excited about the job,everyone was helpful, good pay as I was an entry level worker. They will say good character about you just to stay for them because they still need you, promising conversion from contractor to regular employee. after 2 years of worked nothing happened all your ambitions and high aims sudden change and all you wants is to get out of the company. A lots of favoritism, politics. if you know how to play you will get your permanency in less than of 1 to 2 years. Manager and supervisors as well as Team leads don't know how to manage the department, long hours of work, working weekends,

Advice to Senior Managementmake it a point that everybody work really hard, some people get permanency because of politics and favoritism.

Overworked & underpaid -enough said

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsHard working, dedicated and world class talent in many areas, such as engineering. Good benefits and PTO.

ConsManagement - particularly in certain critical areas of engineering is extremely poor, full on personal vendettas, back stabbing and petty drama. Priorities shift day to day resulting in a ridiculous waste of money, time and resources, and then underlings have to take the blame and work 15 h days to make up for the mess that VP's and managers caused in the first place. Don't even try to point out whether a project has flaws - depending on the manager, you can even get fired, or at least have a very bad review coming your way.

I personally think that CEO is overrated, and very unfocused in creating a consistent vision for the company. I believe that he has drank to much of his own Kool-aid as a visionary that will change the world, when in fact, this technology relies in NG, that is extracted via fracking, an extremely polluting process. So a lot of green-washing to say the least.

Also, there are way too many managers and VP's, as positions were created when hot hires requested their buddy, golf pal or neighbor to join as well as a condition to switch jobs to BE.

Pay is low, considering that poor project planning results in 12+h/days. High stress, poor communication, non-existent training for new employees. Avoid!

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on being a niche company first, were the premium for distributed energy looks attractive,and then focus on mass producing it. I would seriously review company structure. as it seems bloated and ineffective, and made to serve interest groups within the company

Venomous Company

Supply Chain/Ops (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Pros1. Hard working employees and contractors (18+ hours per day)

ConsLeadership:
    1. Nepotism and preferential treatment of Engineering to the exclusion of all other teams
    2. God-complex of engineering to the point of infallibility
    3. Darwinian culture and values
    4. Prevaricators
    5. Intellectual Elitism/bullying

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are God! They don't listen to advice!

I excelled once I started playing dirty

Principal Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsKool-Aid tastes good at first. If you begin to adopt underhanded ways to sabotage your fellow co-workers like I did you will be promoted. People outside of the company drank the 60 minutes Kool-Aid too, and Bloom on a resume has some benefit, deserved or not. The company seems to be well-positioned politically, which may prevent the company from outright crashing. For getting ahead: information hoarding works, badmouthing and exploiting your fellow employee works, character assassination too. Once you realize this is how it is run from the top, you can align your values accordingly and advance. You can spend your time on this approach for success and let others worry about the "work".

ConsThe bad guys are running the show here. The Green Tech facade is a crock, these are natural gas generators and far from exotic. The culture within is rotten to the core, exhibiting toxic behavior indicative of companies far older and longer corrupt. The pay is well below industry standard, exploiting employee's belief they are 'contributing to the world'. Employees in India are also payed below industry standard, which is completely unnecessary as they work for a fraction of the salary of US employees. Nepotism and general favoritism is rampant too, no surprise.

Advice to Senior ManagementHurry up and IPO already. Keep lying to the investors to keep the stock price afloat so I can cash out.

Excellent Managment. People, and work enviroment. Not great compensation...

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat Hardworking people in engineering, and excellent management interms of getting things done. The atmosphere is always fun. Exciting projects and always challenged.

ConsNormally work Long Hours to get the job done, due to not enough personel. Clear project deffinitions are sometimes lacking. Compensation is below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementExllent Managers when it comes to helping me get the job done, however project priorities shift weekly, which can be frustrating. Resolving conflictng priorities between departments is needed.

Worked for Bloom Energy? Contribute to the Community!