Bloom Energy

Updated October 19, 2014
2.8

Bloom Energy Principal Co-Founder & CEO K.R. Sridhar
K.R. Sridhar

Pros
  • The company has grown to a place where the product is great, and so are the people that have built the product (in 4 reviews)

• There are some very smart people and very nice and hard working people there (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect to work long hours, but the reward is there if the company succeeds in its ambitious goals (in 8 reviews)

• Engineers at BE work long hours with aggressive schedules and lean budgets (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Mind opening and interesting

I have been working at Bloom Energy

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere, great people to work with, healthy competition. Loved to work with my team because every one was willing to help each other so we could all move along as one solid group.

Cons

Challenging and time consuming. Some of the task given to accomplish were difficult but with great team work, it was not much of a problem.

Excellent work experience

Fantastic company with a great mission

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time

Pros

It's truly inspiring to work with so many people that are passionate about advancing the state of fuel cell technology. My colleagues are some of the most brilliant and talented individuals I've worked with thus far, and I'm excited to see how far we can go in the next few years. It's a pretty fast-paced environment, but it functions to promote continual professional development, and it definitely ensures that work is never boring. Overall, I've been very satisfied working here.

Cons

I wish there were more company events. We do have picnics occasionally, but the company has gotten so big it has started to become a little disconnected.

Great technology and lots of oppurtunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

BE team of highly respected executives and hardworking workforce is going to take this technology available for everyone to reach. New cutting edge technology is constantly being developed to reduce cost and increase efficiency and productivity.

Cons

I've noticed that contractors have a lengthly conversion process to become regular employees. However I know they are working on fixing this issue.

As the company grows and expands, have a career path designed for employees to acheive higher oppurtunities for growth.

Vibrant work environment

I worked at Bloom Energy

Pros

cutting edge engineering work, everyone is very smart & excited about their contributions, everyone wants the company to succeed, management is very clear on their goals for each team

Cons

since bloom energy is still a smaller company that has yet to go public, the compensation is a bit low, but you do get to work on very exciting projects and there's a huge possible upside if the company IPOs

The management is very capable, and is very specific on the tasks they want each specific group to get done each quarter, the executive team is very inspirational.

Positive working environment

Former Employee - Production Associate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Bloom Energy

Pros

Co-workers are very down to earth and likable

Cons

New company which means low job security

Keep the good work going!

Amazing opportunity to be part of something truly transformative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Bloom Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some the best and smartest people you will ever work with. Everyone here is a rockstar in their own right. Exciting projects and challenges and you are pioneering something that has never really been done before.

Cons

Long hours are the norm, employee perks and morale boosters are lacking. Compensation is middle of the road.

Bloom could benefit from activities and perks to motivate and reward the employees that all work very hard to make Bloom successful. Management is also a little top heavy. Promoting a flatter environment could spark more creativity and innovation among the less senior folks.

Great company and has realized the real benefits of SOFC technology

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good platform for engineering design enthusiasts. Great place to work if you are creative enough and interested to work in a challenging product design environment. New thoughts are always expected, welcomed and appreciated by seniors

Cons

Company has grown wonderfully overcoming many of its challenges in developing a new product, still need to face many challenges to be a successful company

Improve productivity of existing workforce by identifying improvement areas. Vigorously adapt successful technical and managerial concepts from developed industries.

Technician

Current Employee - Technician in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Technician in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Building fuel cells systems,solar systems

Cons

Responsiblities for RGA ;Helium leak detection

good

Good internship opportunity.

I worked at Bloom Energy

Pros

The internship provided a great chance to learn about an exciting new product with a great team. While the company is growing the business team was smaller and so there was a lot of opportunity to get involved with different projects.

Cons

I felt the years in "stealth mode" have negatively impacted the company culture. There was little communication between the different teams.

The internship program could be expanded and could include more exposure to the entire company for a more well rounded experience and understanding of the company.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Buyer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Buyer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a land of oppourtunities. Great support from the management to help you grow and a place where you will love to work.

Cons

There are not many cons. Just the product being a little complex you might need some time to get a hang of it.