Bloom Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bloom Energy Principal Co-Founder & CEO K.R. Sridhar

K.R. Sridhar

Pros
  • The company has grown to a place where the product is great, and so are the people that have built the product(in 4 reviews)

• The technology is cutting edge and fascinating to see develop(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect to work long hours, but the reward is there if the company succeeds in its ambitious goals(in 8 reviews)

• Engineers at BE work long hours with aggressive schedules and lean budgets(in 4 reviews)

You can see all the telltale signs that Bloom is just a sinking ship at this point

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI left this place a year ago after I went to company all hands and heard the CEO talking. I applied to other startups on that same day and was gone in no time.
    Now the good news is that I hear KR, Bloom CEO, is going to be replaced soon. I think this is the best move to save the company.

ConsBad news is that if you join at this point and CEO gets replaced, your shares will drop to one third of the value which may not be bad in the long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop selling, start listening!

In General

Account Executive (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat talent being hired...mainly top universities and ivy league.

ConsMost positions outside of senior management are underpaid and overworked. Many employees work out of fear of loosing their job vs. enthusiasm for their job once hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearly define career plans and milestones for advancement.

Great people, okay management

ProsThriving company, and exciting projects

ConsCompany has grown, but management has stayed the same;.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Well nourishing atmosphere for learning, good compensation, very unique

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsThis company has good employees (excellent talent acquisition)
    Fair enough compensation
    Global exposure
    New product, so unique
    Interesting technology
    Good management

ConsLong working hours
    Pressure from managers (R&D also operates in production mode)
    No proper induction program
    If you work as a fresher here, you will not get any opportunity outside due to very unique product

Amazing opportunity to be part of something truly transformative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsSome the best and smartest people you will ever work with. Everyone here is a rockstar in their own right. Exciting projects and challenges and you are pioneering something that has never really been done before.

ConsLong hours are the norm, employee perks and morale boosters are lacking. Compensation is middle of the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementBloom could benefit from activities and perks to motivate and reward the employees that all work very hard to make Bloom successful. Management is also a little top heavy. Promoting a flatter environment could spark more creativity and innovation among the less senior folks.

Lack of Management

ProsVery smart people working on amazing projects to advance the technology and eventual IPO

ConsFragmented vision, management has shifting priorities that aren't clearly communicated. Most employees spend a majority of their time fighting fires without clear communication of what the big picture is or how they can affect positive change in the organization. Lots of politics in upper management that sometimes will have people making changes to the detriment of the organization for their own gains or to serve their own agendas.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your people, keep them informed. Don't treat everyone in the organization like children, seek feedback prior to making major changes instead of implementing changes for jobs you don't understand, then asking employees what they think after the fact. Rolling out of new programs is never well planned, and the people who are experts in the area usually aren't consulted until after the decisions have been made.

Very Good Company

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood Salary
    Nice Work Culture
    HR Policy is good

ConsStretch sometimes
    Process is not transparent

Great idea and product, management unsure how to drive to success.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall enough environment that you can make an impact and help build a great company.

ConsManagement not in sync with each other making it difficult to execute good ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people and check your egos at the door.

Talk and actions don't match

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe technology is cutting edge and fascinating to see develop. There a many top notch people at the company. It's a good learning experience if you don't mind being thrown into the fire.

ConsVery hierarchical and political. Organizationally is a mess with blame and in-fighting common between and withing groups. Senior management does not try to find truth and assumes saying something is the same as being able to accomplish it. R&D has the last say on any decision, be it supply chain issues, manufacturing planning or sales.

Mind opening and interesting

ProsVery friendly atmosphere, great people to work with, healthy competition. Loved to work with my team because every one was willing to help each other so we could all move along as one solid group.

ConsChallenging and time consuming. Some of the task given to accomplish were difficult but with great team work, it was not much of a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent work experience

Worked for Bloom Energy? Contribute to the Community!