Bloom Energy

Bloom Energy Principal Co-Founder & CEO K.R. Sridhar

K.R. Sridhar

Mind opening and interesting

I have been working at Bloom Energy

ProsVery friendly atmosphere, great people to work with, healthy competition. Loved to work with my team because every one was willing to help each other so we could all move along as one solid group.

ConsChallenging and time consuming. Some of the task given to accomplish were difficult but with great team work, it was not much of a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent work experience

Great use of SOFC technology, poor work environment

Production Associate (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Bloom Energy as a contractor for more than a year

ProsCool that you can be on the forefront of a potential life changing technology.

ConsPolitics is expected in most companies, this company is no different to say the least. There are too many unqualified people higher positions because of who they know and not what they know. Expect long and inconsistent work hours. Scheduling is sometimes done last minute.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions and pay raises should be more systematic and based on merit. Management is out of touch with employees. Most employees are contractors so speaking up is not an option unless they have another job lined up

Exciting product, dictatorial / nepotistic Engineering management style. The magic is gone!

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat product and exciting option to learn about new technology for a decentralized way to generate power.

ConsLots of politics/ backstabbing involved. Need to be friends of the right people (engineering heads) to keep your job, not matter how hard or how committed you are with the company. Long hours, low pay. Nobody is safe in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue and care about the basic workforce, including entry-level Engineers and Managers. Engineering, let the CEOs (4 in 4 years?) and develop the future state of this company.

Don't waste your time here

I worked at Bloom Energy

ProsInspiring mission and the opportunity to work with some great people who are very smart and hardworking.

ConsLow morale and low pay. Favoritism and a lot of politics. Management has lack of trust in employees. Lack of career opportunities unless someone quits. Bad company culture. Employees are overworked and undervalued.

Great company and has realized the real benefits of SOFC technology

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time for less than a year

ProsGood platform for engineering design enthusiasts. Great place to work if you are creative enough and interested to work in a challenging product design environment. New thoughts are always expected, welcomed and appreciated by seniors

ConsCompany has grown wonderfully overcoming many of its challenges in developing a new product, still need to face many challenges to be a successful company

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove productivity of existing workforce by identifying improvement areas. Vigorously adapt successful technical and managerial concepts from developed industries.

Technician

Technician (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBuilding fuel cells systems,solar systems

ConsResponsiblities for RGA ;Helium leak detection

Advice to Senior Managementgood

Permanent position or bust

I worked at Bloom Energy as a contractor

ProsLots of learning/good experience. Exciting technology.

ConsIn general, nobody sincerely cares about you. Lack of team building. Sub-par wages.
A whole lot worse for contractors (no job security).

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least after you get into the black, hire more permanent positions instead of contractors.

"Great" Company

Manager (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at Bloom Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAttractive mission and vision statement -- Change the world!!

ConsLet them change the company first to a "workable" environment

Advice to Senior ManagementCTO is the most powerful person than CEO and he doesn't listen to anyone including CEO!

Good internship opportunity.

I worked at Bloom Energy

ProsThe internship provided a great chance to learn about an exciting new product with a great team. While the company is growing the business team was smaller and so there was a lot of opportunity to get involved with different projects.

ConsI felt the years in "stealth mode" have negatively impacted the company culture. There was little communication between the different teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe internship program could be expanded and could include more exposure to the entire company for a more well rounded experience and understanding of the company.

manufacturing

Manufacturing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bloom Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood co workers, location is good,

ConsAt first I was excited about the job,everyone was helpful, good pay as I was an entry level worker. They will say good character about you just to stay for them because they still need you, promising conversion from contractor to regular employee. after 2 years of worked nothing happened all your ambitions and high aims sudden change and all you wants is to get out of the company. A lots of favoritism, politics. if you know how to play you will get your permanency in less than of 1 to 2 years. Manager and supervisors as well as Team leads don't know how to manage the department, long hours of work, working weekends,

Advice to Senior Managementmake it a point that everybody work really hard, some people get permanency because of politics and favoritism.

Worked for Bloom Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloom Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bloom Energy CEO K.R. Sridhar. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Bloom Energy employees.