Bloom Marketing Group

Updated April 12, 2014

2.3

Sherman Rogers

Very positive experience

Pros

Well respected by senior management and trusted to carry out job duties

Cons

Limit to professional advancement in the company. This is not a fault of company but reality of this job.

It's a popularity contest.

Pros

The pay is great and overtime was a plus. The training and education was helpful and unexpected.

Cons

Management. It is like a popularity contest. It's like high school all over again. You want to keep from getting furloughed? You have to get on the list of people that they like in order to keep your job.

Separate the personal from the professional. We're there to sell insurance and work as a team not to start clicks.

Great employees, awful company.

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in Bloomington, IN

Pros

The pay is probably the only pro of working at Bloom.

Cons

Upper management treats licensed agents like dogs. They don't care about you. I worked there for almost 4 years and I was laid off 3 of the 4 years. You will work 3 or 4 solid months, but don't expect to be there any longer than that. They don't offer ANY benefits besides a 401k that they don't even match. Out of the 4 years I was there I wasn't given a raise. There's no incentive to work at Bloom. Please, take my word for it, don't work at Bloom. You will regret it!!

Revamp your ENTIRE management staff and set up programs that are available year-round.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This should be illegal

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in Bloomington, IN

Pros

I commiserated with my fellow grunts. Many were kind and friendly. When the managers were goofing off and not getting on our case I liked most of them. The furlough that lasts most of the year was a blessing.They gave me a lot of VTO (voluntary time off) and I usually took it.
    We got to get off the phones for training every once in awhile, especially when sanctions shut down the calling.

Cons

Calling people on the phone to solicit insurance is not fun. At all. The demographic is old people who have no money and are confused. I was encouraged to trick people who don't need insurance to sign up for plans. Everything you say is recorded and you will get in trouble for any misspoken word. You will have to speak at length about a phone call you had 6 months ago and anything you remember about it when you speak to hundreds of people each day. I had to respond to thousands of calls about misleading mailings that were sent trying to trick senior citizens into thinking a private insurance plan was either 1) a government sponsored plan or 2) a plan from a more successful company. Computer systems would break down during calls. I had to work a soul draining 11 am to 7 pm shift much of the time.

I really wish Bloom did not exist. I wish it was illegal to solicit calls over the phone to senior citizens. The whole business model is based on preying on the elderly. I wished constantly that the management would get on the phones and do what we were doing, and at the very lowest moments I did see lower management do that from time to time. But I never saw upper management doing it. I did not interact much with senior management but they seemed completely out of touch or just downright insensitive.

Great place if your looking to make money in a short term not much longterm success

Pros

none at this time that i see

Cons

lots if you plan on working all year this is not your job

Poorly ran business, horrible management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Pros

It was a job when I needed one.

Cons

Wow... Talk about a horrible place to work! Management would bully and intimidate workers, and there was no structure. They lay off the majority of the year and should have been considered a seasonal employer. Their structure wastes money. Ask anyone in Bloomington about this place and you'll probably hear a lot of bad! I still cringe when I think about working there.

Put an operating plan together, and stop the bullying and harassment!

Stressful

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in Bloomington, IN

Pros

Starts out at $14 per hour + commission
    Training is extensive..the knowledge I took with me invaluable.
    Great people to work with
    Opportunities to move up
    I was there from the beginning..I heard the initial idea for the company. All good intentions for the clients, and the employees.

Cons

Marketing to Medicare Recipients
    Following federal guidlines were a must ..however sales were pushed and the agents liable
    Must have good credit to keep your job
    I was there 4 years, I was a top marketing agent for 2 years. As a licensed agent, we were layed off for 9 months out of a year and I feel like I didn't get the chance to become successful. The owner never recognized me and that bothered me for some reason.

Remember how many people went throught the whole licensing process and quit after the first day. Give your team positive ways to succeed. In the end, I always felt like a loser no matter how hard I tried. The team manager is the key!! I suggest a 90 day progress evaluation before having them compete with veterens.

Horrible

Former Employee - Beware- Do NOT Work Here  in  Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Beware- Do NOT Work Here in Bloomington, IN

Pros

The pay, that's it. Otherwise, it sucsk.

Cons

This is the absolute worst place you could work. Sure, the pay is great, but that's about it. The management staff is horrible. The way they run their business is a complete joke. They lay you off every year, You only get 3 months of actual work. I'm telling you right now, stay as far away from this place as you can. It's terrible. If you don't believe me, then google other reviews about the company.

All of you need help. None of you know how to treat your employees. You think you guys are Saints. One day Karma will come around and bite every single one of you in the butts.

not a great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bloomington, IN

Pros

pay, attendance, the education and insurance license you recieve.

Cons

management, promotions, unorganized, low employee moral.

if u work here get in and out.

Not a bad place if your bloomington..nobody pays better with this flexibility

Current Employee - Marketing Associate
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate

Pros

Great pay and hour flexibility

Cons

No advancment...a couple of bad apples for managament

Allow employees freedom we sit at computers all day

Worked for Bloom Marketing Group? Contribute to the Community!