BloomReach

BloomReach Reviews in Mountain View, CA

Updated Mar 23, 2014

Raj De Datta

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Brilliant coworkers, very hardworking and motivated team

Mountain View, CA

ProsOpen office layout is refreshing, although may be bothersome for some so you may want good headphones to block out noise

Company culture is very open and trusting, the team is very hardworking and you get to work with some of the most talented people you have met.

ConsSalaries are lower than for similar jobs (based on amount of work)

Awesome culture, really interesting problems

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsWhat I love most about working here is the problems we're solving- definitely some of the coolest technical challenges I've been exposed to. Plus, there are tech talks held regularly in our "Wreck room" by fellow BloomReachers- it's nice to have experts in so many interesting fields working here.

Aside from that, we have the standard startup perks, fun culture, nice pay and fast growth.

ConsThere are a bunch of couches and unused conference rooms throughout the office- some people are never at their desk when you need them so you have to do a lap around the office and The Wreck Room to see where they're hiding. Slightly annoying but workable.

And the caltrain station is a 15 minute walk, not 10!

I think the main reason there aren't very many cons listed in these reviews is that everyone's constantly encouraged to work on fixing the problems they see with the company. Employee participation and decision making is emphasized here more than I've seen at other companies.

Amazing technology, smart people and happy customers

Mountain View, CA

ProsIt's a very sharp group of people tackling challenging problems. Largely free of drama and egos (and literally no politics). The rapid growth the company is going through and the pace of innovation are inspiring. And for a startup, there's a great work/life balance.

ConsTough place to keep up if you don't like a fast pace. It could also be an intimidating environment if you aren't both intelligent and confident.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on keeping the culture through a period of fast growth.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast growth: personal career-wise and company-wise

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsAll about the people. I get to go to work each day and be with people who care about what they do and spend the time to make sure I have an opportunity to learn what they know. Never a dull moment.

ConsVery few cons. Each employee is provided with a large degree of freedom to change any aspects that might be a con.

With that being said, BloomReach has an open floor plan. While there are many benefits, for a certain type of person like myself, it can be difficult to focus at your desk. However, if I need to head to my home office to concentrate, everyone is very understanding.

Interned for a summer, really loved it.

Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsChill culture, no-drama policy, MWF catered lunches

ConsNot a lot of very young people

Advice to Senior ManagementGive Macbooks to the new hires, not Aspires! (Aspires are somewhat slow)

Worked for BloomReach? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BloomReach reviews and ratings in Mountain View, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BloomReach CEO Raj De Datta. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by BloomReach employees.