Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.2 1,108 reviews

Bloomberg L.P. President and CEO Dan Doctoroff

Dan Doctoroff

Pros
  • When free food is the bigger pro you can think of, there isn't much to like about(in 155 reviews)

• great work life balance - like being in school though (in at 8 on the dot and out at 6)(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work-life balance; Peter Principle in effect company-wide; generally chaotic(in 31 reviews)

• Mandatory, long hours for busy work (8a - 6p); lots of posturing(in 71 reviews)

1,108 Employee Reviews

Fantastic culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCulture, Management, Benefits, Recognition, location

ConsNo Cons for this company

Bloomberg News LP

Technical Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat management, greta staff, great company.

ConsNo Cons, I had to leave bc of relocation. This is a great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

Great benefits and perks. Evolving Company

ProsAlways reinventing itself and high energy work environment

ConsGrowing workforce is making management more hierarchal

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

wonderful and cheerful

Financial Product Sales and Analytics (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosteam is very good, culture is fantastic

Consgood for personal growth. work life is wonderful

Advice to Senior Managementkeep

SAP Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat benefits, transparent work culture, amazing food, great benefits, transparent work culture, amazing food, great benefits, transparent work culture, amazing food

Conscareer growth is not easy, work load pressure, career growth is not easy, work load pressure, career growth is not easy, work load pressure

Good company

ProsGreat team, relaxed atmosphere, but be prepared to work hard, good company culture, free snacks, summer picnic, bonus, great benefits. In general Bloomberg take care of their employees.

ConsOld technology, design philosophy is very outdated, salary below market rates.

Awesome experience

Software Developer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat experience working on things that interested me. Mentor and manager also provided me lots of opportunities for me to improve business knowledge and skills. Extremely fun and close knit team, enjoyed going to work everyday.

ConsAs an intern I had trouble gaining access privileges to some tools I needed to do my work. Also high pressure environment, but very exciting and fast paced.

Campus Ambassador Intern

Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) Westwood, CA

ProsCompany structure is very flat, you get access to talking with people working very high up.

ConsTraining is horrible, there is one meeting a year, other than a few phone calls every so often. Told us they would teach us the Bloomberg Terminal, but ended up not doing so. Pay also used to be very good compensation-wise, but no longer.

Software Development

ProsBest companies, professionals, best experience, good training

Consstressful schedules, many hours of training,

High paced very meritocratic.

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsA lot of stimulating challenges with wide choice of career paths. Good educational support and resource allocation. Good incentive program and perks.

ConsCan seem overwhelming at times until you adjust to the pace. Difficult to schedule time off on occasion. Can be difficult to find quiet area if you need to think trough a problem.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!