Bloomfire Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.2
Trey Tramonte

1. A great place to work, with smart, fun people, and a great collaborative atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Smart co-workers. A solid, growing market. A new focus we believe in. A great product that is loved by the people that use it.

Cons

Not much. It really is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Overall Review

Pros

As someone has said, the development team rocks. The company does do a lot of fun outings and volunteer work. It's a fun, start-up environment that works in a fun vertical.

Cons

Again, as someone else has said, the rest of the company is average at best. There's a lot of turnover and the sales team is very clicky. Many of those guys, including our CEO, go way back and you can see how they separate themselves from the pack with sides conversations, jokes, etc. There has been turnover in that department and one of the guys was just let go after one month. I don't know the dynamics but giving someone one month to prove themselves is ridiculous. If you're in sales I'd stay clear because you're working with a team that's best friends and you'll feel like an outsider. If you're in product or development then this is a great place for you.

Advice to Management

Lose the click

Engineering only functioning department.

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The engineers work well together and get things done. We're a well oiled machine!

Cons

The product and marketing and sales teams are not recommended. No one stays at the company in those departments for long and they all leave in months. Take a look at the recent leadership change history. I just can't recommend to anyone to work at Bloomfire anywhere but dev.

Advice to Management

I don't know.

5. I have been working at Bloomfire full-time

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bloomfire is a good company to work for because it offers the following: Competitive salaries and benefits package Talented, creative and motivated employees Opportunities for growth Fun environment Good office location with a gym and free parking Open office space enabling collaboration, innovation and knowledge sharing Open door policy Free Time Off Snacks and monthly happy hours

Cons

Company does not promote community volunteering for team building

Advice to Management

Foster more dialogue with individual teams Develop a plan for corporate social responsibility

A Great Startup Experience

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Bloomfire for over a year and couldn't say enough great things about it. The location of the office is a huge plus. Everyone that works here is passionate about their job and truly love what they're doing. They are excited about the company and the direction in which Bloomfire is going. The exec team is another positive. They truly listen to everyone and keep the entire company in mind when making decisions.

Cons

There aren't any cons I can mention at the this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Freedom, Respect, and Growth!

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bloomfire encourages and expects employees to be self-motivated. It is a great place to work if you are hungry and are comfortable being in the driver seat. There isn't much in the way of bureaucracy so instead of wasting time getting approval for things you can actually spend time doing work. The office location is a huge pro in that employees are free to spend their lunch time exercising around Town Lake and getting some fresh air.

Cons

Although the office provides snacks, sodas, and coffee it does not go as far as some of the tech startups in terms of providing lunches, however most employees seem to prefer this as it gives them an opportunity to get out of the office.

Advice to Management

Right now the Management is great about being very open and honest with the whole team. Please make sure you keep this up, there is nothing more powerful than having supervisors and executives that believe in the employees!

8. Great opportunity to work on a diverse and passionate team.

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The teams are small and the company is growing very quickly. So, this means you have a lot of opportunity to expand your experience and more or less customize your job. The leadership team truly trusts the employees and often looks to them to help guide important decision making. There's nothing better than feeling like your opinion and experience is this valued.

Cons

This company is full of passionate people who like to give back. I would like to see community volunteer projects become regular team building experiences.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication flowing.

9. I've been here three months and I love it so far!

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bloomfire is a very collaborative environment where everyone's opinion is respected and each person's contribution is important. I love the people I work with, our office environment, and the overall culture of the company.

Cons

Sometimes the open office environment can be distracting when I need to concentrate.

Advice to Management

Thank you for trusting us. Your continued respect and trust will be rewarded with loyalty!

10. Great first few months

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been here for a short time so far, but the work is enjoyable, the product is something I am proud to be part of, and my coworkers are lovely to interact with. Ideas are listened to and acted on, and I feel that my input is valuable. Both my team, and other teams are friendly. Bloomfire also has the typical snacks, and fun stuff you might find at a startup, but also, a TREADMILL DESK. I'm looking forward to our growth and enjoy coming to work every day. The compensation is very competitive with the market as well, and our vacation policy and benefits are not only lip-service, but are actually useful.

Cons

I wish we had a rooftop deck, or an outdoor space... but we are close to a lake and a jogging trail, so that's not too bad. Food options nearby could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and thanks for being open about where we are going. It's easy to follow when you engender respect and solicit feedback so clearly. The level of experience and talent is obvious, and in comparison to many companies I've encountered, you consistently come out with high marks.

A great place where intelligence and passion are palpable.

Former Employee - Bloomfire Ambassador in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Bloomfire Ambassador in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

Casual dress. Awesome and intelligent people there. Learning potential. Was allowed self study during certain times. No strict clocking, but expected to be there. You will want to be there. If you love training and development and emerging web 2.0, then this is it.

Cons

There are not many bad things to say about my experience at Bloomfire. Perhaps I was indoors too much, but I did get to walk around for breaks. It's a very young company and has some great growth ahead of it.

RSS Feed </> Embed