Bloomfire Reviews

5.0

Bob Zukis

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bloomfire is a good company to work for because it offers the following:

Competitive salaries and benefits package
    Talented, creative and motivated employees
    Opportunities for growth
    Fun environment
    Good office location with a gym and free parking
    Open office space enabling collaboration, innovation and knowledge sharing
    Open door policy
    Free Time Off
    Snacks and monthly happy hours

Cons

Company does not promote community volunteering for team building

Foster more dialogue with individual teams
    Develop a plan for corporate social responsibility

A Great Startup Experience

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Bloomfire for over a year and couldn't say enough great things about it. The location of the office is a huge plus. Everyone that works here is passionate about their job and truly love what they're doing. They are excited about the company and the direction in which Bloomfire is going. The exec team is another positive. They truly listen to everyone and keep the entire company in mind when making decisions.

Cons

There aren't any cons I can mention at the this time.

Keep up the good work!

Freedom, Respect, and Growth!

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bloomfire encourages and expects employees to be self-motivated. It is a great place to work if you are hungry and are comfortable being in the driver seat. There isn't much in the way of bureaucracy so instead of wasting time getting approval for things you can actually spend time doing work.

The office location is a huge pro in that employees are free to spend their lunch time exercising around Town Lake and getting some fresh air.

Cons

Although the office provides snacks, sodas, and coffee it does not go as far as some of the tech startups in terms of providing lunches, however most employees seem to prefer this as it gives them an opportunity to get out of the office.

Right now the Management is great about being very open and honest with the whole team. Please make sure you keep this up, there is nothing more powerful than having supervisors and executives that believe in the employees!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I've been here three months and I love it so far!

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bloomfire is a very collaborative environment where everyone's opinion is respected and each person's contribution is important. I love the people I work with, our office environment, and the overall culture of the company.

Cons

Sometimes the open office environment can be distracting when I need to concentrate.

Thank you for trusting us. Your continued respect and trust will be rewarded with loyalty!

Great first few months

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been here for a short time so far, but the work is enjoyable, the product is something I am proud to be part of, and my coworkers are lovely to interact with. Ideas are listened to and acted on, and I feel that my input is valuable. Both my team, and other teams are friendly. Bloomfire also has the typical snacks, and fun stuff you might find at a startup, but also, a TREADMILL DESK. I'm looking forward to our growth and enjoy coming to work every day. The compensation is very competitive with the market as well, and our vacation policy and benefits are not only lip-service, but are actually useful.

Cons

I wish we had a rooftop deck, or an outdoor space... but we are close to a lake and a jogging trail, so that's not too bad. Food options nearby could be better.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for being open about where we are going. It's easy to follow when you engender respect and solicit feedback so clearly. The level of experience and talent is obvious, and in comparison to many companies I've encountered, you consistently come out with high marks.

Great opportunity to work on a diverse and passionate team.

I have been working at Bloomfire full-time for more than a year

Pros

The teams are small and the company is growing very quickly. So, this means you have a lot of opportunity to expand your experience and more or less customize your job. The leadership team truly trusts the employees and often looks to them to help guide important decision making. There's nothing better than feeling like your opinion and experience is this valued.

Cons

This company is full of passionate people who like to give back. I would like to see community volunteer projects become regular team building experiences.

Keep the communication flowing.

A great place where intelligence and passion are palpable.

Former Employee - Bloomfire Ambassador  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Bloomfire Ambassador in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Bloomfire

Pros

Casual dress. Awesome and intelligent people there. Learning potential. Was allowed self study during certain times. No strict clocking, but expected to be there. You will want to be there. If you love training and development and emerging web 2.0, then this is it.

Cons

There are not many bad things to say about my experience at Bloomfire. Perhaps I was indoors too much, but I did get to walk around for breaks. It's a very young company and has some great growth ahead of it.

Worked for Bloomfire? Contribute to the Community!