Bloomin' Brands

Add Photos

Elizabeth Smith

Great Experience

Marketing (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat place to work under an amazing leadership team; you'll have exposure to some of the best minds in the restaurant business. They do a great job communicating where the company is and where it's going. And it is evident the company really cares about it's employees.

ConsNot much room for advancement, so unfortunately moving up often means moving out.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate and communicate succession plans more clearly to continue to engage and retain emerging talent.

Great place to begin your work expericnce

Accountant II (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSomewhat flexible work/life balance. A lot of paid holidays and days off. Love the food comp.

ConsNo 401K matching, benefits are not that great for a company of this size. Very difficult to move up in the company, they prefer to hire from outside. Are immediately thrown into a job with the proper training.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more appreciation for your current employees because word of mouth can kill the company's reputation. Be more open to understanding when an employee is trying to explain as to why the don't understand how some process work, especially when you have not provided the proper training.

No training support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFood comp after shift, friendly owner of location , good food

ConsTrainer walked out during my 3rd shift training - line cook

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp new people learn

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bloomin' Walks the Walk!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsBloomin' is a great place to work. Their management is insightful and approachable. They harbor a learning and growing environment, and seem to have cornered the market on teamwork.

ConsGrowth opportunity within corporate operations seems to be limited unless you managed a restaurant or come from a competitor.

Advice to Senior ManagementManaging a restaurant does not mean you are automatically a corporate professional.

Good job with cons

(Former Employee)

ProsFood comp at restaurants, great coworkers, casual dress code, multiple paid holidays (like the banks and post office).

ConsBenefits overall are poor - Health insurance is bad, no 401K match. No training for general duties and no training for new managers/supervisors or leadership/development training to help prepare you for the next step.

Advice to Senior ManagementBringing people in from the outside (and paying an arm and leg to relocate) is not always the best option. Consider current staff for new opportunities. Which means you need to do a better job developing staff!!! Too much money is spent on things that aren't needed and in return, staff is laid off to outsource with the intent of saving money. It is hypocritical to say the least.

Overworked and underpaid

Accounting (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsToo many hours needed to get the job done, need more staff

ConsNot enough $$$ for the amount of hours worked

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking for granted the little people who do all the work...

Overall good experience, you get out what you put in

Server (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosgood hours, tips daily, great teamwork

Consmanagement could be more effective at times

Advice to Senior Managementbe more aware of employee concerns and requests

Great environment, upbeat, great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosstrong management implementing corporate changes for future.

Consgained weight, too much food

Business Systems analysis

Business Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsVery good group of people to work with.

ConsSometimes work can be overwelming as a result of deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue Employee appreciation events on a regular basis.

There are lots of other places to work.....

IT - SA (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe building is nice, and they have covered parking. They offer free drinks all day.

ConsLong hours, no defined processes, no documentation on their systems. The cubicles are very small and many of the people are very loud.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut some processes in place that can be followed so that new people that come in will know what the systems actually do.

Worked for Bloomin' Brands? Contribute to the Community!