Bloomingdale's Reviews

Reset
2.8
Bloomingdale's CEO Tony Spring
Tony Spring

Pros
  • Employee Discount if you can afford to buy anything on your meager poverty-level salary (in 75 reviews)

• Great discount and Bloomingdale's looks great on your resume (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • Very liberal return policy kills the sales associates' paychecks (in 46 reviews)

• Reviews are primarily based on credit card applications taken and not on actual service (in 31 reviews)

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Bloomingdale's

Pros

-great discount -learned to clientele and made great client relationships -fun experience when learning new ideas or products I would work for them again as long as credit goals did not weigh so heavily. I shined in customer relations, not typing in info like a robot to give credit cards.

Cons

-older coworkers are quite rude, act like they are above you when you are 30 yrs younger and have the same position -continuing employment is based solely on credit card goals, not overall skills or ability to retain clients or sales

Advice to Management

Focus on the employees that bring clients into the store rather than those that open credit. Credit goals are fine, but customers can't be forced to open another card and many are already cardholders, and associates shouldn't be punished for it. Senior management was fine. I often felt as though the managers were discussing employees and various issues behind the employees' backs and did not come to said employee until it was too late.

2. Women's Shoes Associate

I have been working at Bloomingdale's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The current shoe team is great to work with. When we did have a manager, she was very attentive and able to focus on us. They offer great employee discounts.

Cons

Management is short staffed making hard to get a hold of one if there is a customer issue. There hasn't been opportunities for growth. The register systems need to be badly upgraded.

Advice to Management

Provide more management or allow associates to make the call.

3. cashier

I worked at Bloomingdale's

Pros

pretty much walking around and talking and visiting the world of wisdom from here to there

Cons

when the came came it walked around and it did a lot for some reason seriously though

Advice to Management

they should for one thing remember that the last one is the real one last

5. Bloomingdales stock review

I worked at Bloomingdale's

Pros

Managers are nice and friendly and helpful workers are friendly and helpful and nice great scheduling for part time workers

Cons

Alot of the co workers in stock does not work. Alot of the managers are not strict enough. should fire more stock workers that refuse to work

Advice to Management

Fire more stock workers who refuse to work more managers in the stock room to supervise

6. Human Resources Manager

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

The company offered a great discount and good benefit package

Cons

Once it turned over to Macy's Inc, it lost it's personal feeling.

7. So so

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bloomingdale's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like to work with high end fashion you will like working with the clientele, but management is not the best.

Cons

There is a very big lack of communication amongst managers and co workers and they hire and promote people who do not know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people who work for you as they are the life blood of business and the company. Stop micro managing and start supporting your staff.

Non professional conducts behind luxury

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in McLean, VA

I worked at Bloomingdale's

Pros

Employee discount is great, I think it's the best in industry. Vacation time at upfront - as soon as the employment began, the employee will get full vacation time. It's depend on which department you'll work, the commission (draw) is good if you can fight back bully from tenure sales employees.

Cons

I had to deal with bully by other sales people. The company intend to hire younger generation instead of the experienced individuals. No career advancement High employment turn over at all positions including management.

Advice to Management

Unsure if Bloomingdale's wants to long term business with loyal customers & employees or just get whoever benefits to company's profits like Macy's division. There are the reasons that so many employees were not happy how the management treats their employees. Please don't ignore about it, don't wait till someone files law suit against you.

9. retail

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

Neighborhood department store fits most needs

Cons

future of company is very limited

10. Analyst

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomingdale's (More than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

No career structure and not much room for growth

Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

rewards:Free shipping and special alerts on sales

Cons

vultures and that's not the shoppers coming in- More like the FT sales Reps that think stealing sales is okay

Advice to Management

No Words!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed