Bloomspot Reviews

3.4
Jasper Malcolmson

1. overall pretty good

I worked at Bloomspot

Pros

smart, nice people. great perks. good office vibe.

Cons

consistently directionless, lost little puppy

2. Great place to work when things were great. Had multiple rounds of layoffs so it was not fun then.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bloomspot

Pros

always attracted very talented people. great location. good food. what was great about this place is that it was fantastic to work during the good days when people were not being laid off.

Cons

no new ideas. just copying other companies to try to make money will only take you so far. multiple rounds of layoffs certainly didn't help.

3. Nightmare of a job

I have been working at Bloomspot

Pros

Great co-workers, lots of food and snacks, in the bay area, walking distance to coffee.

Cons

Crazy management, they made promises they could not keep. Always changing policies, goals. Very unstable environment.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your staff. I would highly encourage anyone reading this to not move for this job. They could care less about people and it shows.

5. Fun company at one point, but always chaotic

I worked at Bloomspot

Pros

There were definitely good moments at Bloomspot. The people were always great; hard-working, motivated, intelligent. During the peak times, it was a fun although exhausting experience. I learned more in those few months than I ever had.

Cons

Ultimately, it wasn't to be. The industry as a whole is dying, and there was no difference there. Leadership was never the best, and often made shortsighted decisions that would hurt in the long term. However, it ultimately would not have mattered.

6. Really good experience overall

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bloomspot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

True opportunity to contribute to product and make a difference Talented, dynamic and fun co-workers Merchants really appreciate the customers we send them

Cons

Erratic growth and retraction was stressful and distracting Poor healthcare coverage

Advice to Management

Be more forthcoming with and transparent with information to employees around company status..

7. Awesome company, good people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bloomspot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1.Visibility of work is high 2.Cool to see what you do gets released to public, very gratifying 3.Most talented and drive group of ppl I've ever worked with 4.Information given to the employees is unfiltered and transparent 5.Get fully exposed to how creative ideas are born, fine tuned and then executed

Cons

1.Office layout can be noisy and somewhat distracting 2.High pressure environment. Almost everyone is smart and hardworking, which creates a competitive atmosphere 3.Company had rapid growth, hard to move around/ change divisions 4.Expect to work long hours in crunch time

Advice to Management

Jasper is an amazing CEO, easy to talk to, and make a point of connecting to people at every level of the company to get feedback and act on it to make the company better. I think this is crucial and he is an integral piece as the company continues to grow.

8. Fun culture, bustling SoMa location, and great perks

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bloomspot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Catered breakfast and lunches • Management is not terribly top heavy and let's everyone have an opinion • Constantly evolving product • Flexible hours

Cons

• Very little opportunities for career growth • Culture feels very young at times • CEO only acknowledges sales and engineers - zero name recognition • Compensation is very top heavy • No commuter benefits

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites and consider hiring from within the company to provide options for career growth.

9. Great People, Company had wrong priorities

I worked at Bloomspot full-time

Pros

The people are great. Flexible hours, some catered food. Overall the company has a good "feel" and culture. The company is small enough to get access to the high-level executives.

Cons

Way too much prioritization of the "short-term". The company constantly focuses to hit THIS month's numbers without any regard to next month. Sales compensation structure often doesn't coincide with the company's ultimate goals. Tech resources & capabilities are way behind industry-standard.

10. Young, motivated startup delivering great content to our subscribers while providing tangible value to our partners.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bloomspot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is amazing. In a good way, the culture is prototypical of the startup scene: office in SOMA, open work spaces, casual dress, dogs in the office, fresh fruit, work hard - play hard approach, and very youthful.

Cons

We are constantly discovering and rediscovering who we are. We have gone through a lot of iterations and most likely will continue to evolve into the future. Daily deals and local offers are akin to wearing a scarlet letter. They are most certainly no longer the flavor of the day.

11. The best job ever!!!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Bloomspot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people, the ability to speak directly with the creators of this amazing product and pitch innovative and new ideas. The direction from day one to focus on our merchants success as much as our sales numbers. A overall collaborative work environment that is always changing and always fun.

Cons

No cons unless you don't like the ever changing needs of a start up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed