Blount Memorial Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Blount Memorial Hospital CEO Don Heinemann

Don Heinemann

Great place to work and lots of friendly faces.

Maryville, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe other staff are friendly and the environment is welcoming. The salaries are not quite as high as some of the neighboring places of business unless you are coming in from the outside.

ConsLower salaries than similar work in the Knoxville area.

Good to begin career but not for long

Social Service (Former Employee)
Knoxville, TN

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSmall town friendly environment with excellent volunteer support. Good health insurance. Good they changed the vesting schedule for the retirement so don't have to stay to keep retirement.

ConsBehaves like an ugly for profit organization. Good old boys / girls in leadership, so I suspect there is no true accountability in management or administration. Either that or they just no longer care about quality or their staff. Sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to request and accept feedback from all employees. Read Studer who say "the fish starts stinking at the head". Happy productive employees are listened to and supported rather than badgered and demeaned.

Good place to work and close to home.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall community hospital. Every one knows you.

ConsSmall community hospital. Doesnt have all of the resources that larger hospitals do.

Great starting job

Social Worker (Former Employee)

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Prosexcellent basic benefit package, but I would avoid the specials such as cancer insurance which is too pricy. If you work out at the exercise facility with management, you get promoted. Stay hourly if possible.

Conspromotion not granted by review of talent within the organization. Dislike of employees who speak their minds.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecrease the number of administrators. Provide salary increases to staff earning less than $10/hour: they keep the hospital running.

Nice community hospital but still behind the times in some ways.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital

ProsFamily atmosphere, really nice people, good supervisors, positive attitudes, not very punitive, flexible with family problems, etc., don't lay off people often. Pay is o.k.

ConsNot many opportunities for advancement/learning opportunities - they boast tuition reimbursement and pay for certification, but this is only if you are getting a CNA or tech, etc., or your department has money - fat chance getting it unless you are one of the lucky ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. Dawson isn't the CEO anymore - the new CEO needs to get out of his office and see what we have to do to make things work.

Great place to start your career

PC Support Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital

ProsEveryone I've worked with and encountered at this hospital has been very nice and informative.
I would recommend employment here, at least for the IS side as I haven't worked in other departments of the hospital.
This is also my first job in a healthcare field.

ConsI believe that people are hired based on their social status (who they are related to and who they know). I don't fully agree with that. It's nice that someone who knows someone should get their application looked at a little more closely, but to hire someone, let alone promote, based on who they are, in my eyes, is wrong. Survival of the fittest: the person who does the best job should move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't keep employees you don't like and you freely talk about them behind their back.

Worked for Blount Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blount Memorial Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blount Memorial Hospital CEO Don Heinemann. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Blount Memorial Hospital employees.