Blue Arrow

Updated January 24, 2015
Updated January 24, 2015
2.6

Mark Manaton

Very good managament and nice people to worki with

Former Employee - Waiter/Waitress in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Waiter/Waitress in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Blue Arrow full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working for a Blue Arrow agency.Although it was my first temp agency to work in I must say, I was very pleased with stuff and quality of given shifts. Sometimes I was given a very interesting places like Heriott Watt University or Scotish Parlament.

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to get any shift as they handle a lot of waiting stuff at their agency. Also we were paid minimum wage even though the employers were given much more for our work. But I guess that's what working for agency looks like.

When recruting new stuff bare in mind that a lot of them are not very "keen to work" people and often do anything to avoid working.Try to supervise new recruits and pick the right ones.

Poor management

Former Employee - New Business Account Manager
    Former Employee - New Business Account Manager

I worked at Blue Arrow full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learning opportunities - you would be thrown into work with no support or training which sometimes helps, also great team members.

Cons

Not very clear companies vision, enormous workload, no management support, never had annual review or any other review. No work-life balance.

Needs additional management training.

Great company to work for but always lots of changes

Former Employee - Permanent Consultant
    Former Employee - Permanent Consultant

I worked at Blue Arrow full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team spirit and very supportive
    Excellent training - Sales, applicant attraction etc
    Has a family feel though a large company

Cons

Call targets are tiresome
    Too many changes from doing things 'this way' and getting everyone on board to someone new coming in to the business and it all changing again.

Promote the family feel rather than the generalist high street recruiter feel. Let your consultants be more creative when it comes to finding new business opportunities. Constant cold calling irritates potential clients and makes BA like everyone else. Promote networking as a great way to promote brand and develop business opportunities.

Easy and flexible part-time work which was good to have whilst studying at university.

Current Employee - Catering/Waiter in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Catering/Waiter in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Blue Arrow part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They're flexible - if you need a lot of shifts one week, they will do their best to get you them. I worked part-time alongside being at university. If i had assignments due in, they don't mind you working less hours.

Cons

It's basic minimum wage. The shifts can be boring. Working with new people all the time/one off occasions doesn't make you want to meet or chat with people much.

Blue Arrow Photos

Blue Arrow (Photo thanks to Geograph user SJB, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo