Blue Beacon

Be The First To
Add Photos

Trace Walker

Excellent Company to work for

Aircraft Maintainer (Current Employee)
Salina, KS

I have been working at Blue Beacon part-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a small town company that really appreciates the fact that their employees are real people. They are always willing to work with you if you have an emergency and need time off and if you have an idea for how the company can run better, management is always glad to hear it. There are not a lot of companies I have worked at where on an average day the company president would drop by just to say hi and see how things were going.

ConsI really cannot think of a single thing I dislike about this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep that small-town mindset.

Truck was in Arizona

Truck Washer (Former Employee)
Kingman, AZ

I worked at Blue Beacon full-time for more than a year

ProsThe management team was very attentive and worked hard to keep the employees happy.

ConsLimited advancement opportunities. Although because of the high turnover rate advancement to a supervisor position is likely for a hard worker that plans on staying for longer than a year or so.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay attracts better more stable employees.

I was a general manager with over 18 yrs of experience with this company.

General Manager (Former Employee)
Carnesville, GA

I worked at Blue Beacon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsManager has the ability to work his schedule around his personal obligations. Salary and benefits are competitive with other companies.

ConsYour are expected to be in a wash position at least 8 hours a week, You are expected to do weekly and monthly drop-ins on the 2nd and 3rd shifts. To be successful at this company you need to expect to work an average of 55+ hrs. a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking managers should only apply.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A decent paycheck but hard work

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blue Beacon full-time for more than a year

ProsPaid weekly
Good staff
Paid weekly
General managers care about there employees from my experience.

ConsUpper management changes
Hard work for only 9 dollars an hour
Bonus systems blows

Advice to Senior ManagementJust washing trucks just stop with changing the washing techniques, not enough money for the speed and the work we put into the business. Pay employes what they should. Weather conditions sometimes be terrible and still forced to work fast to keep up efficiently. Don't get me wrong there are some good things about the company but most of the time it is just tiring and just want a paycheck to go home.

Great for a young kid just out of high school

Bay Attendant (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Blue Beacon full-time for more than a year

ProsThe bay attendant job taught me a good work ethic from a young age. If you like working outside that can be nice as well.

ConsThe main problem with working there as a bay attendant was going home wet and stinky every day. Until you get into a management position the pay is very low.

A great place to start a great work history.

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Portage, WI

I worked at Blue Beacon

ProsA fast paced environment. A place to start a great work history for those young folks fresh out of high school. Management do their best to provide an open environment for advancement and welcome to aid in personal situations. Management also do their best to adhere to your personal issue when it comes to getting any days you need off.

ConsWeather dependant environment. When it rains or snows, work is slow and you are usually called and told to "call back". There may be weeks when you check does not reach 40 hours due to weather.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough it is to my belief you do the best you can with manageing a "bunch of kids", you may want to listen a little more to the needs of your employees as a whole. also get more than one supervisor on one shift so one guy doesnt have to work six days every week for 2 years on end.

Bleed Blue is all that matters!

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Barstow, CA

I have been working at Blue Beacon

ProsIt's a job where most other places are not hiring. If it is busy the pay can be decent cos of bonus. But it has to be stupid busy!

ConsLow paying for how fast and tough the job is they want us to do. 8 dollar a hour and regardless of how dirty the truck is they will want it out as fast as possible. then once its out and you hustled they will check it and tell you to fix quality. Very unreasonable cos managment could not do what they request from us. Low paying. Write up galore. If you so much as sneeze at the wrong time they will write you up.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us more, and show us more recognition and be more reasonable about when we get sick or have personal life to attend to. It is a 8 dollar a hour job so stop treating it to us like its our career. We work hard for you guys.

Good for part time, not for primetime. Managers kiss your family life goodbye!

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at Blue Beacon

ProsIf you like to be sent home during inclement weather, this is your job. If you like to work hard with little appreciation, this is for you. If you are flexible and can cancel personal obligations to be available, this job is for you.

ConsManagement is required to work 55+ hours, hourly employees must be very flexible or they are looked down upon, Management will mislead you into thinking you have advancement opportunities, they just want you to think you are valuable so you don't leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your talent and encourage employee growth, not just customer satisfaction.

former ops manager learned both good and bad

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I worked at Blue Beacon

Prosopportunity is there to move from entry level and up quickly. the company does reward based on merit and performance. depending on management team you work for it can be fun, pay is good, bonus is good if controlling expenses correctly,

ConsShift work, long hours, high turnover, rude truck drivers,limited employee pool to choose from,not much appreciation from corporate office, easy to burn out,

Advice to Senior Managementremember that it started as a family company and dont get caught up in large business disconnect.....and most important listen to your employees. I know B.B. says they always value employee feedback, but when someone does show the bravery to speak up, they are treated like the feedback is unwanted.

blue expect to much out of you with little pay

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blue Beacon

Prosthe other employees and friends made at work

Consvery negative work atmosphere every thing for company nothing for employees

Advice to Senior Managementpay people what they are worth

Worked for Blue Beacon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Beacon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blue Beacon CEO Trace Walker. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Blue Beacon employees.