Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
2.7

Rich Johnson

Pros
  • Good benefits,401k, work from home, customer service and call center excellent (in 8 reviews)

• Customer service is fantastic, even with all the added responsibilities they have (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro management to the nth degree so if you are considering this company do not believe them when they tell you they do not micro-manage (in 11 reviews)

• The upper management is closed minded and does not want to hear what the salesforce has to say (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

One of the Last Great Companies in the US

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Blue Book cares about their employees and consistently invests in them. The management team doesn't so much give direction.....they strive to make their people better. This creates many opportunities to advance your career. This is a company that transitioned from a directory publisher to a provider digital information and online workflow solutions. Management is always thinking ahead and developing new products to satisfy the needs of the construction industry. The Blue Book is poised for future growth. They also offer the best benefits and every employee is an owner of the company (ESOP). The really cool thing is, the Blue Book is loyal to their employees.....something many other companies have forgotten about

Cons

With any innovative, creative company that regularly launches new products, there are growing pains.....but growing pains are good. It's helps grow the business

Keep up the good work.

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The 101 year old company has done a great job in transitioning from a book to online presence. Always coming out with tools for the entire industry. The company is run it like a family business with perks and benefits of a huge company. If you are not making money than the it is on you, it is your own franchise. can make 100 K with the company.

Cons

The company is not saturated with middle management so there is not a lot of different opportunities to move in.

Keep looking for more opportunities, help sales out with collections, setting appointments, ect.

An Employee owned Business with a Family Owned approach

Current Employee - Programmer in Jefferson Valley, NY
    Current Employee - Programmer in Jefferson Valley, NY

Pros

The effort and value provided by my fellow Blue Book Employee Owners to the construction industry has been outstanding. As the economy improved for our customers and builders It has allowed us to launch new products and connect and grow our customers businesses. It is rewarding to know that your products are making a difference.

Cons

Supporting the construction and advertising industries during the worst economic time since the depression is exhausting. We have continued to try and improve our products and processes and deliver more value to our customers but we need more paid time off!

Stay true to your core mission and you will be around another 100 Years!

Great Company

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexability, pay and challenge. Fun and educational

Cons

The manager I had was very sketchy and did some very unethical things

Discipline managers for bad behaviour, like altering contracts with financial data

Fair Progressive Company that Gives you the ability to Succeed based on Ability, and Effort

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Pros

Mostly Everything. Having worked here over 20 years, I can tell you that there isn't a better Company to work for. Good People and the ability to run your own territory. As long as you are smart enough and work hard enough to do so. It appears that there are negative reviews written by unsuccessful Account Managers who want to blame everyone else but themselves.

Cons

More vacation time based on tenure, other than that I have none.

More interaction with Account Managers before implementing new products.

This is one of America's best kept secrets. Was there 7 years and resigned when I decided to buy a travel franchise.

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is employee owned...almost everyone there (about 400 employees) has been there over 10 years, with many over 20 & 30. They hire sharp people with a kind touch. Company training is thorough and they have their priorities in the right place: products, customer service and employees. Great Company.

Cons

Please consider this a genuine response, but, I truly do not have any.

Keep doing what your doing!

Interesting and challenging work opportunity in a company with a family atmosphere.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson Valley, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson Valley, NY

I worked at Blue Book Network Contractors Register as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Forward looking company developing new products to serve the construction industry.

Cons

Campus of two unconnected buildings can be an issue in wintry weather.

Excellent Company!!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

As a past customer and current employee owner of almost 5 years, I see nothing but great things coming for anyone that is a customer or employee. This company truly cares about it's employees and customers, trying to make the product offerings and employee experience a better one.

Cons

None I can think of

Keep up the good work!

We're now an ESOP ! How cool is that??

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson Valley, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jefferson Valley, NY

Pros

We are now Employee-Owned! Career advancement opportunities are frequent in many depts. at HQ. If you want to pursue an advanced degree, there's a tuition reimbursement program. Great benefits, including summer Friday's at HQ. Incredible 401-K with a 10% match ~ unheard of anywhere else I've worked. Lots of great people ~ and a family atmosphere. We've never had a layoff in 100 years ~ not many companies can say that.

Cons

HQ is not on a train line ~ we all have to drive, but for most of us, it's a really easy commute. There could be more PTO, but if you don't use sick time, additional PTO is the reward.

Hold Town Halls quarterly, if possible.

A Great Company That Cares About Their People

I have been working at Blue Book Network Contractors Register full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Blue Book values their employees and they just don't say it.....they back it up with actions. Every employee owns a piece of the company and every employee has a 401-K plan that contributes $2 to every $1 the employee contributes. The Blue Book encourages creativity, ideas and allows every employee to be heard. Their policy of promoting from with-in allows for upward mobility and a long career. Employees who have been with the company for 20, 25 and 30 years is common. The company has a progressive attitude and is always working on new products to stay ahead of the curve and keep the company growing. The Blue Book is 100 years old and has NEVER had a lay-off because of hard times. Basically the Blue Book is old fashion in the sense that it fosters a culture of loyalty....much the way companies in the 50's 60's and 70's did. I've had the privilege of working with some of the best people I have ever met and I really feel lucky that I joined this company so many years ago

Cons

Because we put out superior products and treat our customers with loyalty and respect, our competition like to talk trash about us. They continually spread falsehoods about the company because they can't compete with their inferior products and poor customer service.

Continue to take the time to study the needs of the industry and create products that serve those needs.

Blue Book Network Contractors Register Photos