Blue Care Network of Michigan

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kevin J. Klobucar

Actuarial Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAllowed for independent work, was allowed to meet with top executives, sometimes felt like work was high impact

ConsEnd of the summer the work slowed way down, got really boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep interns busy until end of summer

Previous Contractor and Current Employee

Analyst (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsBCN provides good compensation, benefits and focus on empowering its employees

ConsThe building is run down and while the company is equipped with telecommuting services, it it discouraged in practice. BCN does do some hiring internally but there does not seem to be a way to develop an official career plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementBCN has recently rolled out courses to analysts and above for building project management skills and the course was very good. I'd like to see more instructor led courses that build on business and technical skills. It would be excellent for employees that desire a career at BCN if there was a framework for determining a career path.

My experience with Blue Care Network of Michigan was great learned a lot would loved it to be permanent.

Medical Data Processor (Former Employee) Gwinn, MI

ProsThe best reason for me to work for Blue Care Network of Michigan was it was within my field of study.

ConsThe downside of working for Blue Care Network of Michigan was the intercommunication.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good place to learn about healthcare, not a good place for IT professionals

ProsSome people are really good at BCN-IT. Lots to learn about healthcare. Good work-life balance.

ConsNot much to learn technically. Growth is not related to good performance and reviews. Hard work is not appreciated. Wrong people have been empowered.

Contracter

ProsWork life balance, great co-workers

ConsThere are no con for this company

Great company

Supervisor (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsMost of the leadership team really stresses development of their employees and takes steps to assist as much as possible with developing their staff.

ConsCareer advancement can be slow and tedious at times. You have to be patient and wait the openings that interest you to occur.

Mixed Experience

Applications Developer (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsThe people in IT are very wonderful nice people. There are *some* interesting projects that are happening and you might be lucky and get on those projects. Management is trying to improve the work culture. Due to National Health Care Reform, business will increase and they will be hiring more. The business is considered successful and innovative (IT is not).

ConsThe business and IT are quite separated and don't work well together. Most of the cool web projects have been moved to the Blue Cross Side. Minimal Web Service work. Due to NHCR, most of the work is to existing batch legacy systems using very old messy code. Agile methodology is frowned upon. Getting code into production is a forms and approval nightmare.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe business must realize that it cannot survive without IT and must learn to work with IT better. IT management must realize that developers want to use more modern developer tools and frameworks. Remove the red tape.

Contractor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA fast paced, growing industry

ConsNot compensated well for the work you put in.

Blue Care Network Is a Good Place to Work, Just not for me

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsGreat pay & free medical benefits. Great opportunities to gain great work experience.

ConsMicromanagement in the Customer Service department made the job undesirable for me, but I understand that the expectations imposed at this company are typical of all call centers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like people instead of treating them like robots, or like they are just another number.

Awesome place to work

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsWe get excellent benefits, flexible work schedules, a fair amount of vacation time as well as numerous paid holidays.

ConsThe excellent benefits makes it hard for people to move out of the company for additional experiences.

Worked for Blue Care Network of Michigan? Contribute to the Community!