Blue Chip Endeavors

www.bluechipendeavors.com

Blue Chip Endeavors Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Daniel Bazuin

Hard Work Really Does Pay Off!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsI have loved the atmosphere and people ever since I came in for my first interview with BCE! Candice was the first person that I met when I came in for my interview and she was so nice and really took an interest in me and what I had going on that week. I met Dan as well and while I was a little intimidated at first I realized that he's a really nice guy and the best boss I've ever had! When I was looking for a new job I wanted something that I would want to wake up in the morning and go to work and that's exactly what I found! I couldn't have asked for a better company or opportunity!

ConsThe requirements to get to management are difficult and they really require me to push myself, but it has made me a better person so far. I know that when I put in my all every single day that I will make it to management and that's my goal. I never really understood the saying "hard work pays off" until I started here. I love that the harder I work the better I feel about myself and my future career.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! I love that from the very start you have been straight forward with me on what the position entails, how I can advance and what is expected of me! I think there are far too many companies that do not disclose everything up front and I find it very respectful that you did! Thanks for the amazing opportunity!

Growing Company with advancement from within

Senior Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) Bingham Farms, MI

ProsAt Blue Chip each day is a lot of fun. We have a high energy and positive environment. No two days are the same and the team here is great. I really enjoy getting to know the customers and clients too because I thrive in environment where I can help people. The best part about it is that the advancement structure is merit based and each week I am able to see myself moving forward within the company. The growth potential is only limited by how much effort I am willing to put into it and so for me I know the sky is the limit. We spend 1.5 hours in the office each day and are always learning new things during this time that we can use to further ourselves in our careers. DirecTV is an amazing brand to represent too and they provide awesome bonuses for just following through with what we’ve been trained to do. I started initially just because I needed a job and experience, but after seeing firsthand the income and growth potential I have made this my career choice.

ConsThere are challenging situations and it isn’t always fun, but as Dan our owner says “If it were always fun then it wouldn’t be work it’d be an amusement park we’d have to charge admission.” I think the biggest challenge for me is on the days here and there where I do have to work alone in a store, but I understand the value in working through those situations and that anything worth doing will have its challenges. I think that’s what makes working with Blue Chip fun and exciting though because I’m able to achieve things that I don’t think I would have been able to do with other companies or without proper training.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more clear with expectations on more of an individual basis because each individual learns differently and depending on where they are in their own advancement the expectations can be very different.

Great company, fun and lucrative!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Bingham Farms, MI

ProsThis company is great for people who want the consistency of a base hourly rate and the opportunity to work hard and earn much more through their commissions and bonuses. The training was awesome, a combination of in office training and hands on training. I had no prior sales experience but was able to make my first sale on my second day with a little help from my trainer. All of the employees got paid training. Coworkers were very career focused and fun. I got to know my coworkers very well and we would also hang out outside the office regularly and everyone in the office was very helpful. Overall I was able to make a lot more money than just an hourly position and learn much more than I thought I would I just few months before my fiance and I had to move due to his military obligations.
    The president of Blue Chip Endeavors (Dan) also gave me a great recommendation after I left which helped me get my current position after moving

ConsThis position and compensation was initially hard to explain to my fiance and family because they've never worked this type of position. Some weeks I would get a $400-500 check and some weeks it would be 900-1000. There was no paid time off either, but I was able to take time off by just letting the manager know in advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice just wanted to thank everyone at Blue Chip Endeavors for being there for me financially and emotionally while I was there and even now after our move.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved working at BCE, the people are great!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsLaughing everyday was something that I enjoyed. Being in a positive environment trained me to look at life in a positive outlook. Learned a lot of life skills and a lot about the business world.

ConsThe schedule was challenging working 10-7 rather than 8-5 because I had night classes from 6-9 three days a week, but it was nice not having to deal with rush hour traffic.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have any feedback other then I enjoyed my experience I wish I could have continued employment but with my new school schedule it was just too much.

Very satisfied current employee!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsFun and exciting coworkers, great advancement for people willing to work hard, above average compensation considering it's entry level, the HR director is awesome , and the training and experience I've gained is amazing. I'm so motivated to go to work and see where I can go in this company.

ConsManagements' standards are high for the employees, but its taught me that I'm capable of doing a lot more than I thought I could this early into my professional career.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work with your employees and set an example in store. Everyone is more motivated when you take the time to join us and are willing to train and develop at the ground level.

My first "career" position and the first position I actually love to go to

Account Representative (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsGreat teamwork and advancement structure. Great opportunity for someone like me who is fresh out of college. I like that they give back to the community and the office sports leagues (sand volleyball right now)

ConsPaychecks delayed two weeks and the late policy. I was broke when I started so the 2 week delay was tough starting out. I was also not used to having to be to work right on time, but they are really organized though

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate more responsibilities in order for people like me to develop faster and more performance bonuses ;)

Not a serious career opportunity

Pros• Professional attire
    • Upbeat environment
    • Networking
    • Supportive coworkers
    • Extensive training before entering the field
    • One on one training and or help from your account manager
    • Opportunity to travel

Cons• Long hours
    • Little pay
    • No compensation for travel to stores in area
    • Expected to come early and stay late for little to no pay
    • Two week delay on paychecks
    • High turnover rate
    • Pyramid type structure
    • No opportunity for real career advancement

I finished my internship for Central Michigan University at Blue Chip endeavors.

Marketing Inern (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsBlue Chip Endeavors is committed to helping their employees learn and grow. Everyone in the office is motivated, charismatic, and enthusiastic. Their business is structured in a way that promotes team building, and provides incentives towards helping colleagues succeed. When I first arrived at Blue Chip, I was immediately impressed by how involved their team leaders and managers were with me. They don't just spend time and effort creating relationships inside the office, but outside as well. I have spent a lot of time outside of the office playing games, going to events, or just hanging out with co-workers. The work environment is very positive at Blue Chip Endeavors, and will provide people with a great opportunity to further their careers.

ConsThe only con for me was that I was an intern, and was not able to work in the field full time. I was able to learn valuable skills while in the office, but missed working in stores with my other co-workers.

The company is okay, but not a good job if you need a steady income.

Account Executive/Leader (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsGreat team environment. Everyone is cool, young, silly, and energetic. Very social office, positive atmosphere. They treat you like family. You dress professional everyday. There is no seniority. You can get promoted within your first week. You will have a lot of fun in the office. You may get to travel.

ConsThe field sucks. There is no fincancial security. Straight commission only, there is no base salary (only a base draw, which is essentially just borrowing from the company until you can make it happen in the sales.) Many employees use unethical tactics to make sales. Payment on sales aren't guaranteed (for reasons out of you and the company's control). You incur all drving expenses. You work long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a base salary for employees after 90 days or a weekly gas stipend. Pay people for their time. Also, there are serious training inconsistencies that should be addressed in order to eliminate unethical behavior. Additionally, after the first promotion, management should intensify the training in a more structured way as opposed to hoping people catch on eventually.

awesome opportunity

Account Manager (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsEveryone at BCE was super friendly and encouraging. They instantly made me feel like part of the team. There's virtually unlimited room for advancement which was very refreshing for me coming from a dead-end restaurant job. I was promoted to leadership in only a week and a half! I really appreciated the opportunity they gave me.

ConsMy husband was offered a position in Florida which we could not pass up.. I had to resign from my position after 4 months so that we could move

Worked for Blue Chip Endeavors? Contribute to the Community!