Blue Chip Endeavors Reviews

4.3
Daniel Bazuin

1. Good company

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think its awesome they provide careers for people who don't have a bachelors degree. I'm about 1 year away from mine and they welcomed me. Fun people to work with and they let you work in teams and alone if needed to hit goals. Training is good and fun to go to work

Cons

I do have to stay a little longer sometimes to hit my goals. You are asked to do some things to gain experience and advance, but you won't get paid extra for it like training and interviewing.

2. Autonomy, experience and advancement

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Bingham Farms, MI
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a good mixture of teamwork and and autonomy. The experience I gained in sales, leadership, HR and business management were great and it was easy to see the contributions I made and the recognition I received for that. Overall a great experience.

Cons

Advancement is only for designed for full time employees and because I needed to switch to part time due to changes with my family it made it very hard to accomplish what I wanted to with Blue Chip.

3. Best spuds around

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

I worked at Blue Chip Endeavors

Pros

Clean and friendly work environment. Flexible with school schedule.

Cons

I enjoyed working here. The general manager was great! I don't believe he is there anymore so that would be the biggest con.

Advice to Management

Don't ever let your sister come back to work for you!

Solid company

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Bingham Farms, MI
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Bingham Farms, MI

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors

Pros

People are great, money is good, opportunity is the best, nobody micromanages me, management is very open, and very positive environment

Cons

As someone moves up within the company they will gain more responsibilities and these new responsibilities will require time outside of the normal 40hour work week.

Good High Integrity Company

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, energetic, good place to work, and healthy competitiveness. Challenges everyday and teamwork is a great motivator.

Cons

Some of the long term and even weekly goals and visions of the company seem to be unbelievable. Also seems that most of the people who start this as a career will not make it long term. The standards to get a manager position are too steep for most people to achieve.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic, some of the goals that we set were unrealistic and far fetched.

7. Blue Chip Experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool people, positive attitudes, good intentions

Cons

You're selling direct TV in the middle of Walmart or Best Buy

Advice to Management

Be a little more honest during the hiring process about what the employee will actually be doing.

Sales, Marketing, and Management Development/ Good Compensation

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Blue Chip Endeavors works with my school schedule and has been a great fit for me. I enjoy to work hard and I want a career that rewards me for my hard work accordingly and that is what I get here. A bad day is easily turned into a great one when I come to work because everyone is truly positive and not just for show. I can pay my bills and have some money at the end of the week for savings, plus I am building an opportunity for myself with the growth of the company and my own personal growth. I will pursue this opportunity long term, but even those who don’t are always better off because of the experience they gained with us. I love the team environment yet having individual freedom and autonomy knowing that whether I am successful that day/week is dependent on me and I don’t have to rely on other people’s work ethic to be successful. Also no door to door or telemarketing.

Cons

The day to day seems tough if someone isn’t big picture focused, but it really isn’t that tough. People aren’t micromanaged and that level of autonomy means that if someone isn’t self-motivated it seems difficult. For someone who is just looking for a job to pay the bills or just clock in and out, look elsewhere. Blue Chip Endeavors is more about the amount of effort put in than time put in. If someone expects to only put in time, then they will be disappointed with the hourly rate and there will be no advancement for them either since advancement is merit based.

Advice to Management

Management could more quickly let go of unproductive or negative employees. On a couple of occasions these employees were held onto for too long and it had a negative effect on the whole office.

Oct 9, 2014President

Thanks for your review, I agree with the pros and we do accommodate for certain situations with school and/or religious schedules. This position will be tough for those who are not used to exerting ... More

Mislead and Disappointed

Former Employee - Account Representative in Bingham Farms, MI
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training was hands-on.

Dan, the manager of the company is a nice guy and was approachable.

You have the ability to get promoted (standards are all based on numbers)

Cons

Office Culture was upbeat, but it felt very odd with all of the high-fives and chanting. Some people may enjoy this, but it wasn't for me.

There were no benefits (you're w2), but there's no vacation, travel or gas reimbursement.

It's tough standing in a big-box retailer and stopping every person to ask them about cable. I felt like we were way too pushy with customers, and that style of selling is just not for everyone.

Work Hours: You work every weekend from 11-9pm and you don't get holidays off because those are the "best" selling days.

Salary Draw is not the same thing as Salary. If you don't sell enough, you end up owing the company money and then they take it off your next pay check.

They have low hiring standards. People can't even afford to wear proper attire, so you're expected to bring in extra suit jackets to provide to people you don't know?

Advice to Management

Be up front with candidates. Let them know the actual day to day of position.

If possible, separate work and home. I know several of us felt unconformtable knowing that the head of HR was your wife, because we couldn't go to her with any actual issues. It also didn't make it welcoming when we knew that the secondary manager was the HR director's younger sister.

Oct 9, 2014President

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and while some are true I will correct some misguided statements.
    Our office culture is definitely upbeat and exciting. We are completely unapologetic for
    ... More

Learned a lot

Former Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI

I worked at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot and I really enjoyed the work atmosphere . Very different than anything I’ve ever experienced in a job. The closest thing I can compare it to is a sports team. Everyone works towards the same goals and it is truly merit based so people advance based on hard work and not just because of how long they have been with the company. Great systems and training but still requires very hard work. I also was able to travel to some great places while at Blue Chip.

Cons

Hard work and is probably a great advancement opportunity for some people. Wasn't for me, I thought it would be a little easier. I had some success and made good money with the position, but I don't want to manage an office or be in business long term so I felt like I was working hard for nothing.

Oct 9, 2014President

We appreciate you sharing your review of Blue Chip Endeavors. We strive to be different and much more positive than the "normal job experience." We do model our business to sports in a lot of ways ... More

Hard Work Really Does Pay Off!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have loved the atmosphere and people ever since I came in for my first interview with BCE! Candice was the first person that I met when I came in for my interview and she was so nice and really took an interest in me and what I had going on that week. I met Dan as well and while I was a little intimidated at first I realized that he's a really nice guy and the best boss I've ever had! When I was looking for a new job I wanted something that I would want to wake up in the morning and go to work and that's exactly what I found! I couldn't have asked for a better company or opportunity!

Cons

The requirements to get to management are difficult and they really require me to push myself, but it has made me a better person so far. I know that when I put in my all every single day that I will make it to management and that's my goal. I never really understood the saying "hard work pays off" until I started here. I love that the harder I work the better I feel about myself and my future career.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I love that from the very start you have been straight forward with me on what the position entails, how I can advance and what is expected of me! I think there are far too many companies that do not disclose everything up front and I find it very respectful that you did! Thanks for the amazing opportunity!

Blue Chip Endeavors Photos