Blue Corona

Blue Corona President & CEO Ben Landers

Ben Landers

Great Company, Great People

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsBlue Corona is full of hardworking, positive individuals. There is a strong team culture and everyone is willing to help each other out. It is very rewarding to work for a fast growing company that helps other businesses grow and succeed by ‘practicing what we preach’. Employees are passionate about growth – both for Blue Corona and for their clients and are recognized for their efforts. It is a great place to work if you want to learn a lot and invest in your career.

ConsThe Maryland office is located in the Gaithersburg airpark, which is pretty quiet and doesn't have the same offerings as a city. However, with the free lunch Fridays, impromptu Happy Hours and a fun work environment, it definitely makes up for it. Plus… less traffic!

Great company and a fun place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsI’ve worked at Blue Corona for almost three years and highly recommend this company. The employees are awesome; everyone is friendly and loves to have fun. The president of Blue Corona, Ben, is fantastic. He is very approachable, easy to talk to, and wants every employee at Blue Corona to succeed. He sits down with each employee to review their goals and will do everything he can to help you reach them. This is a great place to work if you are looking to make a difference. At Blue Corona, each employee contributes to the success of our clients. It's a ton of work, but the positive feedback we receive from our clients is very rewarding!

ConsIf you are looking for a 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. job, this is not the place for you. Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., but most employees come in early and stay late. Blue Corona is looking for employees who are willing to go above and beyond. The company has huge goals and only wants “A” players to help us reach them.

Blue Corona is an awesome place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsWe are all about making a difference—for our clients and also for our company. We help small businesses grow and create jobs for people, which is really cool. And we’ve grown tremendously in just a few years. I like our work hard, play hard kind of mentality. The employees are friendly and like to enjoy themselves—we have casual, free-lunch Fridays, happy hours, etc. but also work hard.

One great thing about working is here is the open-book policy. The president of the company, Ben, shares the numbers (revenue, net income, etc.) with all of us so we can “play” the game of business as a team that is passionate and hard working. Those are the first two words that come to mind when I think about the team here at Blue Corona.

ConsThis is not a 9 – 5 pm job. If that’s what you’re looking for, Blue Corona isn’t the place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unlimited Opportunity

ProsIf you're looking for a job to clock in and clock out of, Blue Corona probably isn't the place for you. Blue Corona operates under the "work hard, play hard" motto and truly invests in it's people. The company has goals, but management also works to help employees set and achieve personal goals. It's a great place to be if you're looking for personal growth and unlimited opportunity. Being a young company, the sky is the limit.

ConsLike many start-up/young companies, Blue Corona is continually evaluating it's processes and testing new strategies--it's not the place to be if you just want to mindlessly go about your day following a process someone else has set for you. Blue Corona looks for dynamic people that are going to contribute across all facets of the company--both in serving it's clients and helping the company become an industry leader.

Not the Place to Work for Work/Life Balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Majority of employees that are hired at Blue Corona are right out of college that have a lot of energy and are ready to work.The company has free lunch fridays, and there is a casual dress code. About every other month, the company did an event to get the employees to bond (happy hours, bowling, summer cookout, potlucks). They create a family like atmosphere by doing events with employees and even celebrating birthdays. Ben, the President, is a really funny guy and gets a long well with mostly all the office.

ConsIf you're looking to work 9-5, this is not the place for you. Expect to work 55+ hours a week with no overtime pay included. Management is a stickler when it comes to arriving early and staying late, which is why employees become burnt out. Since Blue Corona is a young company, you would expect to have a cool office atmosphere, which is the complete opposite. Located in the lower level of a warehouse is where the office is located. Management was just ok, but difficult at other times. Especially when it came to the micro-manageing. Management also favored certain employees in the office and it was very apparent. Because this is a small business expect every day to be constantly changing. I felt like every week Ben changed a process from one way to another and then back to the old way.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees! I always heard great suggestions. The employees you hire are young and have great ideas to what they would want a great company to be, so if you develop it, they will stay.

Fantastic Company Culture & Growth Potential.

ProsBlue Corona is a great place to learn the ins and outs of online marketing--far more than you could ever learn in a classroom. Everyone works very hard because they're passionate about not only helping Blue Corona grow, but also helping clients' businesses grow. The company culture is fantastic. Not only is there a lot of transparency and open communication, but the people are a ton of fun to work with. There are endless opportunities to be a part of the company's growth, forge your own path, and learn something new every day.

ConsThere isn't much of a structured promotion, management, or performance feedback system, so sometimes you might find yourself asking "am I doing a good job?" The bright side, however, is that with a younger, rapidly-growing company, things are always changing.

A great work culture for a go-getter who is not looking for just a job.

ProsMost of the employees are there because they enjoy the work they do for clients, not just the paycheck. It's normal to work longer than 8 hour days-your dedication and commitment to seeing the company succeed will be noticed. Continual growth of the company pushes everyone to work harder (client > company > team > self). A very transparent company and management style.

ConsLimited promotion structure. The Gaithersburg/HQ office has the majority of the employees, including management, so the Charlotte office is a lot smaller in comparison.

If you're looking for a career as opposed to a job, you'll like Blue Corona.

ProsThe company is still small so there's a lot of opportunities for advancement and also to make a lot of money. I'd say you should be willing to work more than the traditional 9-5 if you want to do REALLY well here. It won't go unnoticed.

ConsThe office is in Gaithersburg, which isn't the most exciting place to work. I have a feeling we'll be expanding to other cities eventually--we already have an office in Charlotte in addition to the company HQ.

Worked for Blue Corona? Contribute to the Community!