Blue Cross (TX)

Add Photos

Darren Rodgers

Wellness coach

Wellness Coach (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsCoworkers great people, high pay and benefits

ConsTerrible program, terrible job since most of time spent trying to enroll people not coaching, way behind the competition in quality of program, managers and director have little knowledge or understanding of how to run wellness programs, almost everyone working more hours than paid

ITG-Not Impressive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLong term opportunities for part time employees

ConsNot a good work environment.

Good company to work if you are in later half of your career

Small Group Underwriter (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThis is Good company to work if you are in later half of your career.

ConsIf you are entry level or mid level in career, you not gain or learn anything valuable to help you later half of your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotion are not done based on merit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Expected more from Blue Cross (TX)

Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsCo-workers are friendly and easy to work with.

ConsExcessive micromanagement. Changes their protocol every week for three weeks in a row while counting your production is unfair. I asked for more training several times. Then asked from peers that helped me. I had a serious health issue and was hospitalized a week and after a week back at work was told they may or may not hold my position for me. Altho, they claimed the time off into my production.
    Then, after two months they let me go. Production was good my quality was at 2 errors, 1 same day same error and was to have coaching on it. Their training is the worst I have ever seen. I asked a trainer a question and was told we have already covered that. And she moved on. Very poor place to work. all grey walls, No talking even signs up no talking, no whispering...Sad I have seen happier funerals.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time training and less time micromanaging. Why have a supervisor with out claim experience? Makes no sense at all.

Mixed experiences at BCBSTX

Cliams Examiner III, Abilene TX (Former Employee) Abilene, TX

ProsBCBS is extremely employee-friendly with regard to benefits and training. They seem to be most successful at cultivating talent on the lower-management level.

ConsThe management style of BCBS in Abilene, Texas, was a mix of micro-managing, destructive divisiveness, and selective privilege. While most of my supervisors and senior supervisors were great, upper management encouraged a very visible split between "us" and "them," using information or withholding information to make the separation clear. Often upper management was condescending, elite, and dishonest. Instead of utilizing the talent on the floor, they ignored their employees' ideas, concerns, and constructive criticism. The work environment fluctuated between demoralized apathy to sheer frustration, largely due to the breakdown in respect and communication on the level of mid- to upper-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employers, actually listen, and realize they have a better understanding of their jobs, including problems and ways to improve, than you do. Give them credit for intelligence and a desire to excel; stop assuming that only management is worth your time and attention.

Great benefits!

Applications Specialist (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsLots of new development. Some knowledgable people

ConsTesting process is complicated. Release process is very time consuming

Not worth the higher-end pay for local entry-level jobs in the area; redefined micromanagement!

Claims Processor (Former Employee) Abilene, TX

ProsBenefits package and pay scale

ConsMangement and Corporate's heavy hand in even the minutia of your workday.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow outstanding performers, to perform. Increasing production is not achieved by calling meetings - you must let people produce.

Poor employer

Claims Examiner (Former Employee) San Angelo, TX

ProsExcellent benefits. Great flexible hours. Plenty of OT at time and a half

ConsPoor management leadership. Favortism from site director down to supervisors. So called quality programs are not beneficial. Racial issues abound in all departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be professional and not one sided when issues arise. If you are senior management you cannot show favortism to your employees. Get a handle or the racist supervisors before a lawsuit happens. Stop RIFFing people and then having a month long hiring spree

Heart in the right place; head not attached.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent pay and benefits; hands on, personal involvement with beneficiaries.

ConsShort-sighted decision-making; unfamiliar with major aspects of covered population by leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire experts; fire contractors with proven unsatisfactory performance.

Blue Cross Blue Shield was a great company to work at.

Credentialing Representative (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThe location was close to my home.

ConsWorking directly with the doctors and their staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the company should increase the salary for their employees.

Worked for Blue Cross (TX)? Contribute to the Community!