Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama

Terry D. Kellogg

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Dont do it!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsHours of operations and having own personal area are the only Pros. They completely lied to us about this place.

ConsWhere do I begin? In the Huntsville center, you will not promote off the phone. No room for advancing. Favoritism plays a big role if you keep your job. You have a hand full of people that kiss the site manager's behind and can get anything they want or other in trouble. The Support Leader do absolutely nothing but walk round and play online and get paid more. They really don't like to help others. No HR department so we have to call or send email to handle certain information that you would like to have face to face. Huntsville center handles most of the provider calls and stays busy. The managers constantly lies to use about the calls are going to get better but never do. Don't waste your time at the Huntsville site because you will be sorry. Even the new people are wanting to leave. As long as you are working here, you WILL be stuck on the phones all day every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to actually talk to your employees about problems. Stop showing favoritism to certain people. We are not dumb, we know whats going on.

Don't work at the Huntsville office! Work in Birmingham if you can!

Customer Service (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsSome of the pros: the wages are decent, the monthly bonus structure is okay but heavily taxed, the hours are set, no weekends, major holidays off, tuition reimbursement

ConsConstant & nit-picky policy changes, blantant favoritism/discrimination by site manager, HR staff, and center managers, intentional miscommunication, no advancement opportunities (especially if you are not the site-manager's favorite), good people are fired or intimidated into quitting due to personal vendettas

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the entire HSC management team, trainers, and support leaders. Start over and hire for merit, not who likes who or who hangs out with who after work! Stop with the constant lies just to get people in the door. With the way the economic is, there is no reason to mislead people to get them to accept a job with your company.

Think before you leap ... Huntsville Center is not a corporate location, it 's outsourced

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsYou have the ability to learn so much about the medical industry while helping people. The relationships you build with the providers is a plus. FOOD. On special occassions you are fed, from time to time which is a plus. There is a new holiday/end of the year bonus that is given the week of Thanksgiving which is nice, however the check is seperate from your bi-weekly check, so it is TAXED greatly.

ConsThere is not enough space avaialble to give details about my opinions with the operations of this company. The benefits changed in 2013 which was a plus and the hourly pay is decent. The opportunity for advancement does not exsist to those who are not part of the "personal" inner circle with management. Also understand there is an incentive program in place, however it is extremely hard to meet and/or maintain your required numbers. Just think before you leap because everything that glitters isn't gold. You will move up the career path as a represenative but there are no positions available to become anything more than a rep. Why? Support leader positions were available, but they are already filled with "favorites" and those individuals are not leaving anytime soon. Just understand complaints aka concerns are NOT welcomed. If you address a concern with management, about management, your job is as good as gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to hire NEW managment. The lies that are told to people prior to being hired should be against the law. There is favortism shown that has yet to be addressed and it is sad how the Huntsville Center shows minimum appreciation to the employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Blue Cross Blue Shield Huntsville, AL Review

Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsThe company has flexible time off options.

Conscompany is not consistance with info given to the employees during interviews. The call center is very unfair to most employees...favoritism is rampant. If you don't like sitting at your desk for 7 or more hours everyday...then this is the place for you. Target goals (numbers) are constantly changing if too many employees exceed the goals--prevent bonus opportunity. No salary increase with the so-call career advancement....just a different title and higher bonus opportunity. Employees can't really advance but will get a different job title

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to uphold the info given to employees during the interview. Saying we will do better for the next group of employees is not helpful. Management need to stop showing favoritism and be fair to each employee. The CARING COMPANY really needs to prove they are deserve that title. Compensation and Benefits should match the benefits package in Birmingham.

Worked for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama? Contribute to the Community!