Blue Fish Development Group

Add Photos

Mike Trafton

Outstanding Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe team of people are great! Each is tops in their field and very bright and also wonderful to be around. Everyone's game is improved simply by being around colleagues who are so highly talented and dedicated.

ConsReally no strong cons. I suppose the one downside is that Blue Fish is a small growing company and while that presents lots of opportunities, it also causes individuals to be pulled in multiple directions at any one time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing I haven't already told them -- and they listened!

Great people, good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBlue Fish has great people and a generally fun work environment. Management strongly desires it to be that way and makes an effort in support of it. Culture fit is important there.

ConsAs with many consulting companies, work/life balances comes after project deadlines and commitments. Technical work focused on Documentum, which isn't the most enjoyable technology to work with. In the past, the company has had a pretty extreme focus on process. The company downsized a good bit when the recession hit.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the focus on process get too much in the way of getting work done and recognize conflicts with billable time.

It was a great run...

A Sales and Management Capacity Role (Current Employee)

ProsFantastic people, great benefits. Very much a fun place to be, at least when they were the "old Blue Fish".

ConsManagement could be a challenge at times, but heck that is the case pretty much everywhere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good company with top notch people/service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSeriously talented folks, good discipline from employees to management. The company is very good at what they do and have broadened their focus.

ConsDocumentum only focus is a challenge as Documentum is not the most desirable enterprise content management platform. Aggressive timelines were challenging at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more employee growth and make sure that employees feel valuable at all times. Ask for advice and listen.

Worked for Blue Fish Development Group? Contribute to the Community!