Blue Flame Agency Reviews

Updated August 20, 2014
Updated August 20, 2014

2.4

Sean Combs

Initiative and patience are the keys to success.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Flame Agency as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The opportunity to contribute meaningful work is the biggest pro. The majority of the people are friendly. Your initiative can help you get noticed and get involved quickly as well. The flexibility is nice and the perks can be awesome.

Cons

Communication is consistently unclear and the operation of the agency is inefficient. There's a lot of unorganized work being done that can make some of the things you do feel like a waste of your time. A small share of the people do a large share of the work. Some of the leaders are also extremely detached and conduct themselves as if they are somehow better than the rest of the staff.

Get more involved with your workers. Keep them better informed and make them feel comfortable answering challenges instead of spoon-feeding information little by little, and then asking tons of intimidating questions for which people can't answer because they weren't probably informed. Also, do more to foster some kind of company culture. Get ideas from everyone and develop a personality for the agency.

Felt Taken Advantage Of

Former Employee - Operations Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Flame Agency as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very few positives. It looks good on your resume if you are looking to work in the music or wine/spirits industries. I was given free CIROC goods during my internship.

Cons

I felt like I was never given meaningful work. I was only used to make copies, fetch coffee, organize cabinets, etc. I spent most of my time tracking down receipts for the expense reports. It is not my job to find a receipt that someone else lost, especially if I am unpaid. There were many days I was not given any work at all. I would ask for work and be told that there was nothing to be done.

Give the interns meaningful work or discontinue your internship program altogether. Unpaid internships exist to give insight into job fields and possible careers. They are not free labor for employers to exploit.

Upper Management needs a wake up call!

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Flame Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exposure to the Entertainment Industry and other companies who wanted to sponsor events, Great office location in Times Square

Cons

Long Hours, Weekend Work, Upper Management does not take responsibility for their own KPI's- blames other employees for their mistakes

Treat employees and Interns with respect, organize team building days, expand relationship with Diageo employees and office (if working on Ciroc) Be accountable for our own job responsibilities and do not push them on interns who are willing to learn and grow

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Internship Opportunity, You Deserve Better

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Flame Agency as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was able to work on some great client names, worked under a high executive

Cons

They dont respect interns, they get so many all year round that they dont really care at all about training or working with you, had me do very demeaning tasks, and long hours that I had to stay for even if I wasnt given a task. Pay is a joke. Should have quit earlier.

Please respect your interns. Put a day into training them, give them opportunities to help you in real things.

Selling Dreams

I worked at Blue Flame Agency

Pros

Exposure to entertainment field. Learned the basic ins and outs of advertising/marketing. Outsiders are impressed by the CEO (Sean "Diddy" Combs) and the idea that you work for him.

Cons

No real structure

Lack of respect in the workplace

Not a company where creative, new ideas are implemented

No room created for growth in the company

Chronic procrastination created additional burdens for other employees

Efficiency didn't seem to be a priority

Extremely low morale

Summer Intern

I worked at Blue Flame Agency

Pros

I learned a lot from this company. It wasn't about fetching coffee. I really got to work with clients, sit in on meetings, brainstorm and do real work. I also got a really good knowledge of many computer programs due to my direct boss.

Cons

It's disorganized and I felt taken advantage of. This may have been because it's an unpaid internship but I felt like I was doing the work of an actual employee without any of the benefits. They're really nice people but, they should make a better structured internship programs. They also never had any events that let me get to know the other interns better and there were no group projects for us to work on.

Structure the program better, and give a better travel stipend. It was not nearly enough.

Not diverse

I worked at Blue Flame Agency as an intern

Pros

Casual, got to see a lot of hot guys and girls.

Cons

Bad culture. Not diverse. Every employee has the same skin tone. No respect.

Good intentions for growth but the input of Sean Combs limits any real structure for growth..

I worked at Blue Flame Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is directly related to the entertainment field and gives you some really cool experiences.

Cons

The time management for various projects hinders a structured growth pattern. Generally things are planned and changed as a result of change of mind from senior management. The trickle down effect isn't conducive to a long term successful company in my opinion.

Preparation should be made to effectively execute unexpected programs and events as they arise. The lack of preparation puts a strain on all employees.

Great culture

I worked at Blue Flame Agency

Pros

The employees are great. Friendly and fun environment yet professional and passionate.

Cons

Not much diversity. Sometimes there are some negativity working with certain employees.

Low Company Morale

I have been working at Blue Flame Agency full-time

Pros

Great experience to use at other companies

Cons

No appreciation, no team work working with employees

Improve culture and morale of employees

Worked for Blue Flame Agency? Contribute to the Community!