Blue Fountain Media

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
3.8

Gabriel Shaoolian

Pros
  • BFM is a great place to both start a career or for an experienced professional (in 6 reviews)

• Opportunity to work with really talented people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometime long hours and too many projects to managed but this is changing (in 8 reviews)

• As with any dynamically growing company, the environment shifts with the ever-changing needs of its clients and associates (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A learning experience

Current Employee - Business Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

In my time at Blue Fountain Media, I've learned more than I ever would've imagined. The people here are extremely creative - it makes for a great, productive environment.

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

Not a place for developers

Former Employee - Developer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are designer, marketer, project manager its average company to join.

Cons

Developers should not even think to join. They outsource 90% of development to Ukraine. All the developers on their website are not locals, they are located in Ukraine.

Build small development team in the US as well.

Avoid Employment

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time

Pros

You will get the opportunity to work with a few very smart, driven, and fun co workers. You might learn a few things as well.

Cons

Unfortunately, the organizational chart and delivery methodology does not provide a platform for good work. Overseas development paired with an intense workload does not offer work life balance. This discourages your smart co workers and creates a very hostile and negative environment. As mentioned in other (real) posts, the CEO is not approachable, known for yelling, and ficious should you want to work at another agency.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A toxic place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed some of my teammates who were smart, driven, a care about their clients. If you're a self-starter, there's a chance to learn some stuff, but don't expect training in cutting edge or innovative marketing. This company is like training wheels. Some good hires have been made in upper management and they work hard and care about their employees.

Cons

The CEO is impossible. I once witnessed him yell at two managers for 15 min in front of the entire office and then fire someone in front of everyone. All efforts by employees to build a great company are ruined by his narcissism and arrogance. He does not understand how to motivate or take care of employees and it creates a toxic and hopeless place to work.

Take a leadership training course.

Blue Fountain Media Response

Jul 9, 2014

After seeing this posting, I had to react. Normally I would not bother with a response as professionals know that if they are interested in a company, they can check it out for themselves. However ... More

If only ZERO stars was an option, it would sufficiently describe this evil place

Current Employee - Marketing Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its actually impressive that this place stays in business considering how terrible it is. These guys are "professional" marketers, and they win whacky awards in the face of all logic to their credit. So just ask yourself if your career and/or hard earned money are worth the risk.

Cons

A CEO who screams four letter obscenities daily at the office. A COO who has never run a business and has no internal respect. A CMO who changes team structures monthly. Staff is fired every other week, and competent colleagues barely last 6 months before leaving for other reputable companies. They can't seem to hire in New York city anymore due to their reputation, and senior staff has been consistently leaving for over a year.

There is no place to make a career or learn or grow here. It's show up, do the work, log your time down to the minute, and go home to search Indeed and LinkedIn for a new, better job

Sell the comoany to some competent and capable people, anybody, who can build a company where people dont hate who they work for. And stop creating fake online reviews on glassdoor and google reviews, and changing reviews by people after theyve left or been fired. People know the difference.

Great dynamic company to work for!

Current Employee - Web Designer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Web Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working here because the team is so dynamic, young and versatile. It never gets boring. The atmosphere and work environment are just right for someone who loves a fast paced environment with creative tasks and challenges. This is a great place to start up or continue your career in Web/Media Design, especially if you want to train yourself to adjust to different clients, their demands and the work loads. As a graphic and web designer, BFM has been amazing for my personal and professional development.

Cons

Nothing really, just having to adjust to different clients who are sometimes very picky, may be challenging but you get used to it!

A Collaborative, Supportive, And Forward Thinking Organization

Current Employee - Finance Department  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Department in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Right down to the company slogan "your partner for digital growth," Blue Fountain Media exhibits a refreshing collaborative spirit, both with clients, and among one another. Creativity and ingenuity are encouraged to help bring out the best in one another professionally, and to deliver the best possible results for the client regardless of project scope. The organization recruits globally to find the brightest minds in each department, and to identify the best fits for the company's values and mission. Blue Fountain Media is comprised of passionate individuals who care immensely about their work, and the results reflect that drive and determination.

Cons

The company does ask a lot of its employees right away, which can be a negative for some who don't share the desire to achieve great results, but for quick learners and curious individuals, the initial starting period can be fruitful and exciting.

The company meetings that highlight employee work and effort bring an incredibly rewarding and positive feeling. They are held pretty consistently, but having them more often could only help in continuing with positive momentum.

Great work enviornment

Current Employee - Business Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

BFM is a great place to build a career. The company is filled with smart people doing interesting work for a wide variety of clients.

There is tons of room for advancement within BFM and high-performers are rewarded.

Great benefits, pay, flex time and PTO policies.

Cons

This is fast growing company and as a result things change quickly. If you are looking for a place to "hang your hat" this isn't the place. BFM adapts very quickly to the fast pace of technology and employees are expected to work hard to keep up.

As the company matures think more like a start-up to further accelerate growth. Don't rest on what you have done always keep looking forward.

Great Atmosphere to work in and even greater people working next to you!

Current Employee - Web Designer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Web Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have a very dynamic culture at BFM; our leadership team encourages personal empowerment and each member is a hands-on expert. I learn something new all the time from my coworkers. BFM is a great place to both start a career or for an experienced professional.

Cons

The hours are often long and stem from clients just changing their mind about something. this can be frustrating for us producers but we do the best we can.

Show your employees that you care about them more than you do! They are the people creating the work and BFM's reputation.

Fun environment, challenging work and great management

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Non-stop learning type of hands-on environment, great clients and challenging/interesting projects, having the freedom to be myself and contribute to the greater good of the company (open door policy with CEO and anonymous suggestion box in the break room) Multi-cultural staff and celebrations, great location to work in and very accessible commute

Cons

Can't really think of any cons as I really enjoy working here... perhaps having more options on where to meet and take a break from the computer screen?

My manager asked me during my first month how I learn best, what motivates me, and what I think my strengths and weaknesses are... I think that all departments should be implementing this sort of check-in and management should mandate it be part of the recruitment process. It can only help people be better versions of themselves

Worked for Blue Fountain Media? Contribute to the Community!