Blue Fountain Media
www.bluefountainmedia.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

Blue Fountain Media Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Gabriel Shaoolian

Pros:
  • "BFM is a great place to both start a career or for an experienced professional"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Opportunity to work with really talented people"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sometime long hours and too many projects to managed but this is changing"
    in 8 reviews
  • "As with any dynamically growing company, the environment shifts with the ever-changing needs of its clients and associates"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A learning experience

Business Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIn my time at Blue Fountain Media, I've learned more than I ever would've imagined. The people here are extremely creative - it makes for a great, productive environment.

ConsCan't think of any cons!

A toxic place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI really enjoyed some of my teammates who were smart, driven, a care about their clients. If you're a self-starter, there's a chance to learn some stuff, but don't expect training in cutting edge or innovative marketing. This company is like training wheels. Some good hires have been made in upper management and they work hard and care about their employees.

ConsThe CEO is impossible. I once witnessed him yell at two managers for 15 min in front of the entire office and then fire someone in front of everyone. All efforts by employees to build a great company are ruined by his narcissism and arrogance. He does not understand how to motivate or take care of employees and it creates a toxic and hopeless place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a leadership training course.

Flag Review
    Blue Fountain Media Employer Representative responded to this review Jul 9, 2014 EditDelete
    After seeing this posting, I had to react. Normally I would not bother with a response as professionals know that if they are interested in a company, they can check it out for themselves. However ... More

A Great Opportunity for a College Kid

Freelance Writer (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI am a writer. And it's kind of tough to find gigs that pay me to write about things that I enjoy. I really enjoyed working at Blue Fountain Media because I was able to write and get paid to do it. Not many writers get to say that.

ConsAs is usually the case, I couldn't always write about the exact things I would prefer. Of course there were client project that were sometimes boring, or just hard to do.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great dynamic company to work for!

Web Designer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI love working here because the team is so dynamic, young and versatile. It never gets boring. The atmosphere and work environment are just right for someone who loves a fast paced environment with creative tasks and challenges. This is a great place to start up or continue your career in Web/Media Design, especially if you want to train yourself to adjust to different clients, their demands and the work loads. As a graphic and web designer, BFM has been amazing for my personal and professional development.

ConsNothing really, just having to adjust to different clients who are sometimes very picky, may be challenging but you get used to it!

A Collaborative, Supportive, And Forward Thinking Organization

Finance Department (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsRight down to the company slogan "your partner for digital growth," Blue Fountain Media exhibits a refreshing collaborative spirit, both with clients, and among one another. Creativity and ingenuity are encouraged to help bring out the best in one another professionally, and to deliver the best possible results for the client regardless of project scope. The organization recruits globally to find the brightest minds in each department, and to identify the best fits for the company's values and mission. Blue Fountain Media is comprised of passionate individuals who care immensely about their work, and the results reflect that drive and determination.

ConsThe company does ask a lot of its employees right away, which can be a negative for some who don't share the desire to achieve great results, but for quick learners and curious individuals, the initial starting period can be fruitful and exciting.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company meetings that highlight employee work and effort bring an incredibly rewarding and positive feeling. They are held pretty consistently, but having them more often could only help in continuing with positive momentum.

Great work enviornment

Business Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsBFM is a great place to build a career. The company is filled with smart people doing interesting work for a wide variety of clients.

There is tons of room for advancement within BFM and high-performers are rewarded.

Great benefits, pay, flex time and PTO policies.

ConsThis is fast growing company and as a result things change quickly. If you are looking for a place to "hang your hat" this isn't the place. BFM adapts very quickly to the fast pace of technology and employees are expected to work hard to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company matures think more like a start-up to further accelerate growth. Don't rest on what you have done always keep looking forward.

A Tough Place To Do Good Work

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsEnergetic and young team. Decent office location, good internet connection, a surprising number of smart people around.

ConsManagement that is disorganized and obsessed with loyalty to the point of alienating key staff members. People tend to quit rather quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees more. Put good, quality work above short term gains.

Flag Review
    Blue Fountain Media Employer Representative responded to this review Jan 21, 2014 EditDelete
    We believe this person is posting multiple negative reviews. Can you kindly review and if so, take down the extra ones?

Too many chiefs and too many indians when I was there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSteady stream of work, great opportunity if you like marketing projects, solid company branding and impression making

ConsRevolving door, management does not seem to have a real long-term vision, lot's of missed opportunities and false promises

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is all about the people

Flag Review

Great Atmosphere to work in and even greater people working next to you!

Web Designer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWe have a very dynamic culture at BFM; our leadership team encourages personal empowerment and each member is a hands-on expert. I learn something new all the time from my coworkers. BFM is a great place to both start a career or for an experienced professional.

ConsThe hours are often long and stem from clients just changing their mind about something. this can be frustrating for us producers but we do the best we can.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees that you care about them more than you do! They are the people creating the work and BFM's reputation.

Fun environment, challenging work and great management

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsNon-stop learning type of hands-on environment, great clients and challenging/interesting projects, having the freedom to be myself and contribute to the greater good of the company (open door policy with CEO and anonymous suggestion box in the break room) Multi-cultural staff and celebrations, great location to work in and very accessible commute

ConsCan't really think of any cons as I really enjoy working here... perhaps having more options on where to meet and take a break from the computer screen?

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manager asked me during my first month how I learn best, what motivates me, and what I think my strengths and weaknesses are... I think that all departments should be implementing this sort of check-in and management should mandate it be part of the recruitment process. It can only help people be better versions of themselves

Worked for Blue Fountain Media? Contribute to the Community!

Blue Fountain Media Videos

Blue Fountain Media – Why Work for Us?

We're a diverse group of individuals who've come together to make this place really awesome. At Blue Fountain Media we have assembled a team of designers, developers, marketers, communications specialists, project… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Fountain Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blue Fountain Media CEO Gabriel Shaoolian . All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Blue Fountain Media employees.