Blue (Illinois) Reviews

Reset
3.7
Blue (Illinois) President Wrinardo McKennedy
Wrinardo McKennedy

1. Great, the fact that this is a people helping people business makes this a great partnership for myself!

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Blue (Illinois) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional yet, EXTRA FUN work environment. Also the fact that I am around highly motivated individuals that have positive outlooks on their lives as well as mines.

Cons

Hard work overall, but no said making tons of money would be easy!

Advice to Management

You could never push a person that wantsto be success to much!

2. not the company for you

Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

meet some nice people while working.

Cons

no base salary. 6 days a week of working. 8am-8pm hours. spend more time at work than with family.

Advice to Management

hire better management. havent promoted in a while.

3. Door to Door sales in a barley legal pyramid scheme.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are all younger and generally nice to be around, but part of the point of this ruse is to lessen the blow of how awful it is being a door to door salesman for 9 hours a day. Also, most of the people here are too young and naive to realize they have been deceived. Once they "wake up" and realize it, they quit in short order. Turnover rate here is CRAZY. After 2 months almost nobody was still there that was working when I started.

Cons

First off, they are not even remotely transparent about what the company actually does during the interview process. I did not realize until my "2nd Interview", job shadowing that it would involve being a sleazy, door to door salesman expected to walk 10 miles a day in an attempt to sign an "app". What was really funny is new people who would quit right at the beginning of their job shadow, and who can blame them? I doubt many people would jump for joy at the prospect of having doors slammed in your face for 8 hours a day. Most of the territories they put you in have already been worked to death by others, so the people are pretty pissed off before you even get a word in.

Pay? What pay, it is 100% straight commission with no benefits, travel compensation, or anything else at all. Considering you are working 60 hours weeks everyday except Sunday, you are averaging well below minimum wage for your efforts. McDonald's would probably be a far better financial option. Plus, how would you like trying to be a door to door salesman in the dead of Chicago winter? They would send you out in a blizzard as they really don't care and have nothing invested in your success. They do not pay you anything unless you make money for them, and trust me when I tell you that working your tail off for 9 hours and making zilch is enough to trash the spirits of anyone.

This place is so unethical it would be funny if it were not so sad. Do your research about these types of companies people. You are not going to advance your career by slaving away in a door to door sweatshop.

Advice to Management

In the year 2015, it is hard to believe a door to door sales cult even still exists. After doing some research on the parent company of these employment scams (Cydcor, formerly DS Max) and seeing the thousands of negative reviews, it is even more difficult to believe this nonsense still exists.

You are able to thrive by using people who are either too naive or stupid to know better, and that makes you a truly sad human being indeed.

5. My experience at Blue, Inc. started off great, I am still an employee here 2 years later and loving it.

Current Employee - Account Representative in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Blue (Illinois)

Pros

Very helpful training to keep you learning all the time, positive co workers, fun environment, work hard play hard. This is honestly a great place to work with a lot of knowledge that I have learned, I use daily in my personal life as well.. This company has helped me grow in so many ways. As an individual, personally, and professionally. My mind set is super different from the day i started. Systematic and structured super well.

Cons

We can always get better as a company, as a team and as a family.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I am so grateful to have started here and looking forward to growing more and great success.

6. An Opportunity vs. A Job

Current Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Blue (Illinois) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upbeat work environment, large amount of experience gained, great people to work with, forward thinking company, management very open to listening to everyone, lots of freedom to make my own decisions, in-depth training

Cons

challenging if not willing to work hard or looking for just a job, time off is dependent on the person and how quickly that person wants to move up in the company, every day counts towards growth, not a lot of slack-off time

Advice to Management

Keep pushing people! If they can't handle it, they're not going to be able to succeed in the business anyway.

Blue has equipped me with the tools that I needed to be successful in my career. It was a good start

I have been working at Blue (Illinois) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The personal and professional development of it's employees is the most important thing. I can say that from the day that I started with Blue, I was kinda apprehensive based on things that I read online and the different opinions that everyone seemed to have. I have had nothing but positive experiences with the company.

Everyone is helpful. They will meet with you and help you with any issue that you have wether it is related to the actual job or if it's personal issues. The manager, Wrinardo is very helpful. I didn't know that he was the president of the company and I thought it was pretty cool that the owner of the company took time to personally meet with me and personally coach me. It's a very nurturing family-like environment.

The travel is a plus as well. Since working with the company, I've gone to Toronto, Ohio, North Carolina, Atlanta, etc. So the travel opportunities are great. All I had to do was ask if I could go, and provisions were made for me.

I've acquired sales, training, interviewing, coaching and clerical skills since I've been with the company, all of which will be valuable to my career, even if I discontinue working with the company; experience that a lot of other companies wouldn't give me.

I've seen people get promoted and actually get to their goals, so I plan on sticking out for at least a year, and see where it takes me.

Cons

With sales, you hear the word 'NO' more than yes, but that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

Continue to help people. You are providing a service that people enjoy, and an opportunity that is equal, so even though it may not seem like you are getting through to people sometimes, you are.

8. Good opportunity if you want coaching/learning

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun to work environment. Management is doing a great job asking a lot from everybody while in the same time make sure the environment is good. If you need coaching, you fill find a great mentor in the Manager. Some says he favors some specific employees, I would says that he favors the hard-workers, and that makes sense.

Cons

You will work hard while not always making what you deserve. I guess it was the right opportunity for the ones who don't have other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Find the right formula to provide base salary and compensation while making sure employees are working hard. Hard to do, but it is necessary.

Great place to get my career started. Great place for my personal and professional growth! Great people to work with...

Former Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My first encounter with the company was with Tina, in HR and it was followed up with a 1-on-1 meeting with the president of the company, Wrinardo. I knew from those two interactions, that this would be the place that I wanted to start, and maybe complete, my career. Wrinardo is very charismatic and genuine. He has an open-door policy and I've always felt that I could go to him and talk to him about ANYTHING. He's non-judgmental and very understanding of what people in his company are going through.

Besides management, the type of work that I do is great, because I help people with their entertainment services, meet new people, help train the new employees, interview prospective candidates, I am able to coordinate business trips and travel to places like LA, New York, Atlanta, Raleigh. Besides the previously mentioned things that I've learned, once I advance more in the company, I will be exposed to various aspects of business like payroll, AD writing, HR, career fairs, and the list goes on...

I feel that the experience that I've encountered this past year has made me more marketable to other companies, more confident in my own abilities, and it has opened my eyes to the real American dream for me, which is running my own business/office representing an already-established client like AT&T. My parents told me that I'm more professional and I dress a lot better than I used to. Before starting with the company, I wanted to own my own business, however I didn't go to school for entrepreneurship or business administration. I feel that all of the things that I'm learning will assist me in starting my own business one day, but with definitely make me equipped to manage one of Wrinardo's 23 locations that he's looking to open across the country.

Cons

Time management was a big issue initially for me, but I sat down with my coaches and Wrinardo and they taught me how to schedule my time and how to plan out my weeks. I understand that I will not have a perfect balance while I'm building my career, because what I'm looking to accomplish will take some time , however I do know that when I accomplish what I've set out to, then I will have the time that I desire.

I also had to get used to the nature of sales financially and hearing the word 'NO'. I feel that it has made me more resilient, I make better financial decisions and it has made me more bold and assertive as a person.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in people and setting a great example. You are an awesome person and you have added so much value to my life at such an early stage in my career. I'm excited to see what the future holds!!

10. Gave me an opportunity

Former Employee - Management Training Program in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Management Training Program in Chicago, IL

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Management, Great mentoring, Great training program, Great Culture. This company gave me an opportunity to grow. I started in the entry level in 2010 and was promoted to management in 2012. I have been running a successful company in North Carolina ever since. It was all thanks to the training program at Blue inc.

Cons

You do have to put in the hours and the work.

Advice to Management

Keep passing on the opportunity.

Great company. Growth & Advancement

I have been working at Blue (Illinois) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a fun, energetic, yet professional culture. The team and manager is always available to help. There are team building activities done outside of work. Training is available at every position and is on-going to help someone grow personally and professionally. The company is continuing to expand so the growth potential is fantastic. The firm exceeds client expectations and does it with integrity.

Cons

The position is challenging and pushes you to do better to continue to grow with the company. I like a challenge, so this is not much of a con.

Advice to Management

Continue the ongoing training. It's very helpful!

RSS Feed </> Embed