Blue (Illinois)

Wrinardo McKennedy

An Opportunity vs. A Job

Current Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Blue (Illinois) part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Upbeat work environment, large amount of experience gained, great people to work with, forward thinking company, management very open to listening to everyone, lots of freedom to make my own decisions, in-depth training

Cons

challenging if not willing to work hard or looking for just a job, time off is dependent on the person and how quickly that person wants to move up in the company, every day counts towards growth, not a lot of slack-off time

Keep pushing people! If they can't handle it, they're not going to be able to succeed in the business anyway.

Blue has equipped me with the tools that I needed to be successful in my career. It was a good start

I have been working at Blue (Illinois) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The personal and professional development of it's employees is the most important thing. I can say that from the day that I started with Blue, I was kinda apprehensive based on things that I read online and the different opinions that everyone seemed to have. I have had nothing but positive experiences with the company.

Everyone is helpful. They will meet with you and help you with any issue that you have wether it is related to the actual job or if it's personal issues. The manager, Wrinardo is very helpful. I didn't know that he was the president of the company and I thought it was pretty cool that the owner of the company took time to personally meet with me and personally coach me. It's a very nurturing family-like environment.

The travel is a plus as well. Since working with the company, I've gone to Toronto, Ohio, North Carolina, Atlanta, etc. So the travel opportunities are great. All I had to do was ask if I could go, and provisions were made for me.

I've acquired sales, training, interviewing, coaching and clerical skills since I've been with the company, all of which will be valuable to my career, even if I discontinue working with the company; experience that a lot of other companies wouldn't give me.

I've seen people get promoted and actually get to their goals, so I plan on sticking out for at least a year, and see where it takes me.

Cons

With sales, you hear the word 'NO' more than yes, but that's to be expected.

Continue to help people. You are providing a service that people enjoy, and an opportunity that is equal, so even though it may not seem like you are getting through to people sometimes, you are.

Good opportunity if you want coaching/learning

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun to work environment. Management is doing a great job asking a lot from everybody while in the same time make sure the environment is good. If you need coaching, you fill find a great mentor in the Manager. Some says he favors some specific employees, I would says that he favors the hard-workers, and that makes sense.

Cons

You will work hard while not always making what you deserve. I guess it was the right opportunity for the ones who don't have other opportunities.

Find the right formula to provide base salary and compensation while making sure employees are working hard. Hard to do, but it is necessary.

Great place to get my career started. Great place for my personal and professional growth! Great people to work with...

Former Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My first encounter with the company was with Tina, in HR and it was followed up with a 1-on-1 meeting with the president of the company, Wrinardo. I knew from those two interactions, that this would be the place that I wanted to start, and maybe complete, my career. Wrinardo is very charismatic and genuine. He has an open-door policy and I've always felt that I could go to him and talk to him about ANYTHING. He's non-judgmental and very understanding of what people in his company are going through.

Besides management, the type of work that I do is great, because I help people with their entertainment services, meet new people, help train the new employees, interview prospective candidates, I am able to coordinate business trips and travel to places like LA, New York, Atlanta, Raleigh. Besides the previously mentioned things that I've learned, once I advance more in the company, I will be exposed to various aspects of business like payroll, AD writing, HR, career fairs, and the list goes on...

I feel that the experience that I've encountered this past year has made me more marketable to other companies, more confident in my own abilities, and it has opened my eyes to the real American dream for me, which is running my own business/office representing an already-established client like AT&T. My parents told me that I'm more professional and I dress a lot better than I used to. Before starting with the company, I wanted to own my own business, however I didn't go to school for entrepreneurship or business administration. I feel that all of the things that I'm learning will assist me in starting my own business one day, but with definitely make me equipped to manage one of Wrinardo's 23 locations that he's looking to open across the country.

Cons

Time management was a big issue initially for me, but I sat down with my coaches and Wrinardo and they taught me how to schedule my time and how to plan out my weeks. I understand that I will not have a perfect balance while I'm building my career, because what I'm looking to accomplish will take some time , however I do know that when I accomplish what I've set out to, then I will have the time that I desire.

I also had to get used to the nature of sales financially and hearing the word 'NO'. I feel that it has made me more resilient, I make better financial decisions and it has made me more bold and assertive as a person.

Keep believing in people and setting a great example. You are an awesome person and you have added so much value to my life at such an early stage in my career. I'm excited to see what the future holds!!

Great company. Growth & Advancement

I have been working at Blue (Illinois) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has a fun, energetic, yet professional culture. The team and manager is always available to help. There are team building activities done outside of work. Training is available at every position and is on-going to help someone grow personally and professionally. The company is continuing to expand so the growth potential is fantastic. The firm exceeds client expectations and does it with integrity.

Cons

The position is challenging and pushes you to do better to continue to grow with the company. I like a challenge, so this is not much of a con.

Continue the ongoing training. It's very helpful!

Gave me an opportunity

Former Employee - Management Training Program in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Management Training Program in Chicago, IL

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Management, Great mentoring, Great training program, Great Culture. This company gave me an opportunity to grow. I started in the entry level in 2010 and was promoted to management in 2012. I have been running a successful company in North Carolina ever since. It was all thanks to the training program at Blue inc.

Cons

You do have to put in the hours and the work.

Keep passing on the opportunity.

The interview Process is ideal!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Blue (Illinois) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Process of the interview gives you more information on the overall company as well as what you see yourself doing in the future. By meeting with the President as well one of the top reps in the office you get a better understanding of the position as well as the great opportunity Blue Inc. has to offer.

Cons

Some of the challenges with the interview process was just not having enough well thought out answers for their very unique questions. They were fun as well as very intriguing helped me figure out some things about myself as well.

More answers to the work-life balance would be great. It is a career evoking experience so just be prepared for the ride and hold!

Its a sales job.

I have been working at Blue (Illinois) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can make a lot of money is a short amount of time.

Cons

They require you to spend over 60+ hours a week on work and and work related activities. The manage and senior staff will lie and be dishonest with employees and customers.

Be upfront and honest about what the job is and everything that it encompasses from the beginning.

Good experience/Great resume builder/Only the strong Survive

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You wont find another group of people that is as fun to work with. The atmosphere is great and everybody knows how to have a good time, during and outside of work. The opportunity is pretty amazing depending on your background and where you come from. You can go from entry level employee to manager in less than two years if you work hard enough and have the right mindset. If you didn't go to college or take any schooling after high school, then this is your opportunity to do something with your life. Get to travel a lot.

Cons

Social life/work balance is slim to none. It's not political which is good. They don't consider it sales because of the opportunity but you have to be a top salesman(woman) in order to gain interviews and build your team. I don't think there's anywhere else you can work where you feel like you gave it your all one week, which consist of 60 hours and a whole lot of walking, and somehow come home with only a $200 check. Also, there is a lot of stress, bad days, bad weeks, girls crying, and much more. Once you prove you can walk in a circle four times, you get promoted to Account manager. That's what I was, but all I remember is doing door to door sales because that's what it is, although, they're going to drive that it's lead-base consulting because they have a piece of paper with names and address' to go to but the only doors you don't knock on either already have at&t or are probably on the 'do not knock' list. It takes a few months of working there to realize how misleading the interview actually is. They tell you an account manager averages anywhere from $600-$1000/wk but no one is consistently making even $700/week besides maybe one or two top employees/salesman. They told me I didn't have to pay for gas, which was true, I just got to make my co-workers pay for it which was not a good feeling. If the opportunity is so great, they shouldn't have to remind the employees everyday that it exists.

Make everyday a two-app intensity, three-apps for teams of two. Make Saturday optional, people will be inclined to work harder during the week. Vacation time. Tell people during the interview process that if they're willing to go door to door for two years and work really hard, they have a great chance to make it to management. Have preset sales ready for people taking out interviews so they always produce and then the ob will see that its easy to make money, but I guess that could be misleading.

AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Blue (Illinois) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved my experience at Blue!!! The amount of information and development I obtained from Blue, Inc. was incredible. In just under a year I had the opportunity to learn and execute various sales and marketing tactics, train and develop other individuals, and interview people to see if they would be a good fit for the company!! From learning how to drive revenue through developed sales skills to learning how to give a presentation to clients and customers I know that I am much more valuable than I was when I started at Blue!. If you're looking to make yourself a more professional and marketable person this is a great place to achieve those goals!!!

Cons

No cons... You just have to work hard and you will gain valuable skills and experience!!!

Management is AWESOME. Very personal and make you feel like you are more than just an employee, treat you like family!