Blue Jeans Network
www.bluejeans.com Mountain View, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Blue Jeans Network Reviews

Updated Jan 3, 2014

Krish Ramakrishnan

Great company and product, experiencing growing pains.

Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Blue Jeans Network full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company's product is one of a kind, and was first to market. As such, it's easy to be excited about that aspect. The leadership has a proven track record of success, and it's easy to get caught up in the excitement about where the company as a whole is headed. This is the first company I've worked at where I love the people I work with, and that makes it so much easier to go to work. The flat hierarchy is a great change from previous companies, and it makes the leadership team a lot more accessible.

ConsSince it is a quickly growing company, you're going to experience all the pains associated with it. Unclear communications about how you can grow in your position, and unclear or vague expectations for what you are supposed to be shooting for. Again, this is part and parcel with working for a startup, so it's not too surprising.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe constant changing of metrics and directions makes it difficult to judge what your performance is within the company.

Blue Jeans is a great place to work

I have been working at Blue Jeans Network

ProsStrong leadership. Great people who are passionate about what they do. Fast paced and very little red tape - if you have a good idea, it is taken seriously. Executives enjoy being challenged and pushed. Transparency - executives are very open about how well we are doing and what we need to improve on, both as individuals and as a whole. Very horizontal org structure. Every employee has a lot of impact.

ConsGrowing very quickly and we have experience some growing pains but, at the end of the day, it is a good problem to have. Great place to work but still lacking some traditional Silicon Valley start up perks. From what I have heard, HR is working very hard to implement these benefits asap.

Awesome people, awesome technology, awesome experience

I have been working at Blue Jeans Network

ProsBlue Jeans is a high energy start-up where people work hard but play hard too. Blue Jeans is having a profound impact on the way people meet and collaborate, and the responses we're getting from customers, analysts, competitors, etc. is a rush. It makes all the hard work worth it.

ConsBlue Jeans is not for someone looking to "coast" through their career. There is a lot of work to do and everyone is valuable. If you aren't ready to work, you should probably look elsewhere.

Great growth company but more importantly providing real value to customers

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blue Jeans Network full-time for more than a year

ProsBlue Jeans is agreat growth company to work for....yeah, a bit chaotic but all start ups are chaotic especially when it is experiencing fast growth.
* Product: Customers love Blue Jeans solution, provide a real value to video conferencing. Taking video conferencing to an entire new level. Making it so easy for anyone to access video bridge and can connect with just about any device.
I love selling a product/service that people can actually use to enhance their business.
* People: Great people, love the people here, easy to get along and talk to, from engineering to sales, everyone is super helpful.
Culture: a very easy going and casual culture, atmosphere but everyone works hard and take pride in their contribution to Blue Jeans.
* Very well funded, a total of $100 million in VC funding. We are breaking away from the pack as leader in video conferencing.

ConsNot much other than the fact that we are experiencing growing pains; need more people, better management of our CRM, work flow etc. But these are good problems to have, just need to learn how to manage it on the fly.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency in all areas of business functions so we can have a better peripheral vision and be in sync with overall goals and objectives.

Great startup - strong growth, lots of learning opportunities

I have been working at Blue Jeans Network full-time

Pros- I've learned and accomplished more in a few months here than I did in twice the time at any of my other jobs
- Open work environment that's receptive to ideas at all levels of management
- Opportunities to really drive change
- Everyone is smart and works extremely hard
- Executives have strong vision for the company's future

Cons- Not enough structure in place to manage extreme growth; getting chaotic
- Under-resourced for growth expectations

Advice to Senior Management- Keep the strong leadership going but make sure to keep expectations realistic

Worked for Blue Jeans Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Jeans Network reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blue Jeans Network CEO Krish Ramakrishnan. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Blue Jeans Network employees.