Blue Martini Lounge

Blue Martini Lounge Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great for part-time security staff

Security (Former Employee)

ProsGood team, competent leadership, friendly patrons.

ConsNone, this is a great company to work for if you work in bouncing/security.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Fun place to work, long hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun place to work, cool staff and managers, and great for fast money

ConsLong hours for hourly employees. A typical shift is 3PM until after closing at 2AM. It is hard to get promoted and advance in the company as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employee's ideas and suggestions

Fun, Upscale Atmosphere, Great live music everday, awesome late-night DJ's

Bartender (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe money and the people that I met while I were there are the two things that definitely stick out about my time at BLUE.

ConsBeing one of the only guy bartenders, it became a chore to stay out of all the girls' drama and keep them out of your love life.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat your awesome employees like crap when they decide to quit on their own. Let them finish out their two weeks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Environment, Diverse Staff, Great Positive Energy, Competent Management, and Open Lines of Communication, Team!

Bartender (Current Employee)

ProsEveryone was very welcoming during the hiring process and even throughout training and in the days after were still quick to answer any questions or concerns. Everyone makes you apart of the family from day 1

ConsHealth Coverage only Offered to Management

Blue Martini is a fast paced environment with a family like staff

Bartender (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe staff is like family! We spend so much time together a week that you become very close and it is always a positive experience at work.

ConsManagement lacks communication skills. I have had several occasions where managers have not communicated with me

Great place to work at and everyone is friendly

Barback (Current Employee) Miami, FL

Prosyou party and make money, what more could you ask for.
    very long work days but can be full time working only two and leaving you with five days off.

Consvery long work hours and have to deal with allot of drunk people. if you don't like customer service then this is not for you.

Advice to Senior Managementi think management does a great job. they try to please everyone but it is nearly impossible when you have that many employees.

Overall, my time at Blue Martini was enjoyable, and stress free.

Manager (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsIf you're a full time manager the benefits and pay I thought were great.

ConsUnfortunately some of the management staff were really immature, and communication was below average, even on priority issues

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it fun, but be professional. Get management involved so lack of communication is not an issue.

Lots of money FAST

VIP Waitress (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsMeet famous people
    Make amazing contacts for life
    Work with great people your age all acheiving the same thing, FAST EASY MONEY

ConsLate hours
    Long shifts
    Constantly being hit on and propositioned
    Not good for you if youre in a committed relationship

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is on point. GM position must look out for numbers and focus more on the company rather the employees, so the lower management needs to focus on the money makers, the assets, the staff!

Great Job if in between jobs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

Pros- Pay was great!
    - Many Networking Opportunities with high end client
    - Ability to find new opportunities in any industry every night you work
    - Can work 2 jobs due to the hours

Cons- Not much advancement
    - Hours are not extremely late at night
    - You have to deal with obscenely drunk customers
    - Some of the customers are very rude and disrespectful

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen applying for this job, don't go in with too high of expectations. They are extremely friendly, and a great way to make new friends. Unfortunately, if you are someone who can't go anywhere without their cell phone this isn't the job for you. They take your phone and keys away from you every night you come into work so that you will stay focused on working and not your own social life.

Worked for Blue Martini Lounge? Contribute to the Community!