Blue Technologies

www.btohio.com

Blue Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Paul Hanna

Hard work pays off in a growing industry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat comp plan! Great incentive trips. Training and development are a priority. There is always something new to learn. Collaboration of new hires and veteran employees amongst the different divisions is beneficial.

ConsYou have to be self-motivated. The employees that are successful are ambitious and hardworking. If you are just there to collect a basic paycheck... you will not be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementA refresh of internal technology and software would help in productivity.

Tell you one thing at hiring, then do the exact opposite in practice.

Prosoutside of management influence the work ethic for a vast majority of people and interdependent cooperation is good for the most part.

ConsLack of consistent training practices. Putting service technicians in positions they are not properly equipped to handle. Pay is low for the industry as well as no real performance reviews in all the years worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to some departments while giving others the accountability they should have. The blatant favoritism to one particular department is killing the morale for the rest of the company.

Less berating more building

Sales (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThis company offers a decent salary and carries a good product line. Good facility and entertaining Christmas parties

ConsMeetings are belittling and upper management beats their people up. A lot of smoke and mirrors in the compensation department

Advice to Senior ManagementUse constructive criticism to build up your team rather than ripping them down and expecting good results.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You have to love cold calling and trying to sell a technology that no one cares about.

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee)

ProsGreat bonus structure it seems if you are successful.

ConsYou have to use your own personal laptop and cell phone although they do give you a $50 phone credit.
    They actually have panty hose as part of the dress code and enforce it.
    There is a monthly Wednesday evening meeting for those in Cleveland and quarterly for Columbus office.
    You get 0 vacation or sick days your first year. You can take them unpaid but have to be there for a year to get reimbursed. After a year you only get 5 vacation days and 0 sick days.
    If you leave before I think it is 3 years you forfeit all 401k match.
    You have to do training for a month and have to pass a test. If you do not pass the test within a certain time frame then you are fired. The test is both written and oral. You have to memorize a dozen scripts and repeat them. You also have to memorize a 3 page Commitment to Excellence and repeat that verbatim to pass.
    The turnover rate is ridiculous.
    People are incredibly mean and rude when you are cold calling. You have to have very thick skin to want to go out every day and endure it.
    You also will have to spend a lot of time entering all cold call information from the day from the 30 expected cold calls.
    You are also selling a dying technology which you will be told over and over when you are out cold calling.

It's a new challenge everyday but the people make it all worth it.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsIt's a wonderful group of people. The management staff across the board are tenured and very good at what they do. We work hard and play harder. Upper management are available and open to hear all suggestions and are now more than ever open to change.

ConsThere is a lot expected of you. We don't accept mediocrity.

Great Place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Streamwood, IL

ProsExcellent place to work...learned a lot

ConsPretty demanding......sometimes management goes to the extreme in trying to make customers happy....even when the customers are unreasonable.

rewarding, challenging and an environment of great co-workers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThis is a workplace where people who want to work on a winning team are united. It is a "roll up your sleeves and get dirty" mentality due to the company's Commitment to Excellence. This is embraced from the warehouse to the service to the sales team.

The company also has recently invested in consultants to help perpetuate development of both management teams and training programs.

ConsIf you are not ready to commit yourself 100%, you will easily stand out.

Advice to Senior ManagementLooking forward to benefitting from all of the new development programs that are currently being rolled out.

Horrible management

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsThe owners drive really expensive cars and wear expensive suits to show off "success". I guess that's a pro for them.

ConsToo many to list, but let's just say it's sleazy. They hire a bunch of people then fire or force out people and the process repeats itself. 1 in 4 new hires makes it past one year...they will tell you that AFTER you're hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop reminiscing about the old days of football or when you sold typewriters or how you only missed one month of commission ever and provide your sales people a service they can stand behind in the sale to go along with a decent product (Xerox is still better).

Worked for Blue Technologies? Contribute to the Community!