Blue & Co

Blue & Co Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Not yet rated.

Bradley A. Shaw

Great people to work with!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people at Blue is what sets it apart from other firms. Accounting is the same anywhere you go, but the people at Blue will make you feel welcomed and will invest their time in helping you succeed professionally and as a person.

ConsThe mind set can be a little traditional, but over all a good place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to create a great work environment to work in.

Staff Accountant

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsFlexible schedule, relaxed atmosphere, strong team environment, great work/life balance for public accounting firm, fairly competitive compensation, 4 weeks PTO, exposure to lots of industry and clients throught out Indiana

ConsTravel, slow upward movement(compared to other public accounting firms), bottleneck at mid-management level, lack of formal trainig, high deductible health insurance, environment does not encourage working mothers(no maternity leave)

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure performance evaluations/promotions/raises to more adequately reflect work ethic, revise promotion schedule to mirror other public accounting firms, establish reward/penalty system to encourage hard work and motivate employees

Flag Review
    Blue & Co Recruitment Manager responded to this review Jun 12, 2014 EditDelete
    Blue values your candid feedback. We continue to review our programs and enhance our offerings based on comments we receive from our employees and current market trends.

Love the people, love the job.

Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood pay, Great work and life balance. Lots of room for advancement.Very understanding management that is concerned for their people.

ConsHigh deductible medical. The location can make or break you. Different environments in different locations. If I was in a different location, I might not stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us medical allowance and let us shop our own insurance. Pay for parking at Indy location.

Worked for Blue & Co? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue & Co reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blue & Co CEO Bradley A. Shaw. All reviews posted anonymously by Blue & Co employees.