Blue & Co

1 Rating

Good internship experience

Former Intern - Audit Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Intern - Audit Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Blue & Co as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Staff was helpful and willing to answer any questions I had throughout the internship.

Cons

Multiple offices which meant IT was not in-house. This can be annoying if computer problems pop up.

An average accounting firm with potential.

Current Employee - Auditor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Auditor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Blue & Co full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is little red tape and the company provides freedom to be creative in solving problems and completing work. Once overnight travel exceeds a certain threshold, bonuses are awarded.

Cons

Working here can involve long hours. The work responsility can be unfairly distributed. Extra effort is not rewarded. I don't feel that management can accurately and effectively assess who has talent and who does not. Due to the lack of company wide standards, cinergy lacks between multiple offices. Appeasement of the client tends to come before quality of work.

Ask your employees what they expect or anticipate and let them know if their expectations are reasonable so that it can prevent future disappointment.

Great people to work with!

I worked at Blue & Co

Pros

The people at Blue is what sets it apart from other firms. Accounting is the same anywhere you go, but the people at Blue will make you feel welcomed and will invest their time in helping you succeed professionally and as a person.

Cons

The mind set can be a little traditional, but over all a good place to work.

Continue to create a great work environment to work in.

Staff Accountant

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Blue & Co full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, relaxed atmosphere, strong team environment, great work/life balance for public accounting firm, fairly competitive compensation, 4 weeks PTO, exposure to lots of industry and clients throught out Indiana

Cons

Travel, slow upward movement(compared to other public accounting firms), bottleneck at mid-management level, lack of formal trainig, high deductible health insurance, environment does not encourage working mothers(no maternity leave)

Restructure performance evaluations/promotions/raises to more adequately reflect work ethic, revise promotion schedule to mirror other public accounting firms, establish reward/penalty system to encourage hard work and motivate employees

Blue & Co Response

Jun 12, 2014Recruitment Manager

Blue values your candid feedback. We continue to review our programs and enhance our offerings based on comments we receive from our employees and current market trends.

Love the people, love the job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Blue & Co full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, Great work and life balance. Lots of room for advancement.Very understanding management that is concerned for their people.

Cons

High deductible medical. The location can make or break you. Different environments in different locations. If I was in a different location, I might not stay.

Give us medical allowance and let us shop our own insurance. Pay for parking at Indy location.

Blue & Co Photos