Blue inc

Blue inc Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Glad I gave Blue a chance!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsI love the team environment here at Blue. Reaching the next step of advancement is all about hitting your goals. Put in the effort and you can get where you want to go. Here you can get the experience you need especially as a new college grad. I love the work events we have like our office nights. It allows you to get to know your co-workers and have fun at work.

ConsSometimes I work a little later to hit my goals, but I know if I work on my time management, I can hit my goals in even less than my scheduled hours.

Fun people who will suck you in with "culture" and unethical recruiting/hiring practices.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture is fun and exciting

ConsLying to potential employees about the role and compensation
    Somewhat of a cult feel (culture is fun, but forced and necessary to keep people around)
    Unrealistic expectations given to employees
    Cydor (the parents company) practices, in general, are not great

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront with the role during the hiring process. Job descriptions are incredibly deceptive and interviews are not any better. People are less likely to leave if the come in knowing exactly what to expect. Lying does not do you any favors.

A great learning experience for recent grad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis was the first job interview I received out of college with a history major from a mediocre university. I put up my resume on monster.com and received a phone call for this company the next day. I was excited by the job description saying it was a great opportunity for recent graduates looking for work. When I went into the interview I quickly realized the job description was extremely misleading. They sold themselves as an ad agencies however it became obvious it was a door to door sales position. I highly recommended recent graduate take the interview to realize this type of scam that is very common with companies posting on hiring sites.

ConsDo not be fooled by the job description

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's wrong how you are misleading honest people looking for work. I believe you should be more straight forward with your job description. You are wasting many people's money and time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Are you funny??

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are nice. Not much else

ConsDeceptive company. They target recent college grads with catchy slogans claiming they are hiring for a management position. In reality it is 60+ hours of commission based door to door sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent

Working at Blue Inc.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a cool enviornment and challenging. I worked there for 8 months and was promoted in just 13 days to be a leader. It simple, hit your sales goal and you will go to leadership. In leadership you will learn to teach and coach others.

ConsThey make you believe it is much more then what it really is. They call it a "management training program" but in reality you spend 3 hours in meetings in the morning getting brainwashed with the same sales techniques. They call it "being replicable" I call it brainwashing to make us all the same. They tell you about how much money you can make in such a short time. I was the top sales guy there many weeks and never made over $400 a week (usually 60+ hours). Actually, I made more than $400 a week but had to split my commission with the people I trained. They did nothing but watch most of the time. The other 7 hours a day are spent knocking on doors selling ATT Uverse. It is true cold calling. Builds thick skin because you get yelled at a bunch. This would be a great job if you like working long hours, not getting paid much, not seeing your family/significant other, and being the 2% who become an office manager and make 70-80k by putting people through the aforementioned.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest.

It was a good first job

Account Representative (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

Proseveryone is young, so the atmosphere was good. No one was looking over my shoulder to make sure I was working. I liked that I got paid weekly, made the week easier to deal with, knowing I'd be paid on Friday.

ConsI was not a fan of working Saturdays. Some of the training sessions become pretty repetitive. Some of the clients aren't always the nicest to deal with, but that can happen anywhere.

Blue Inc - A dynamic company, great for experience but poor for career/ personal progression

Buyer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsYou get involved in all departments for a full understanding of the business gaining invaluable experience
    Friendly atmosphere among colleagues and a good balance of hard work & banter

ConsThe wage structure, personal career development is severely lacking across the whole company (apart from directors)
    No goals or targets have ever been set. Where am I heading in the future at this company?? A question the seniors like to swerve time and time again
    Workload is often unfair and unbalanced, and also unrecognized by the senior staff
    It's all about the business, and not enough about the hard working & loyal staff who have lifted the company to success
    HO needs some major refurbishments. From 28 stores to over 200 stores HO has hardly expanded and is a tight and at times uncomfortable work place

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees should be individually rewarded for their performance and what they bring to the company each year (or not rewarded if they're not performing or bringing anything to the table). In a Buyers case, this can be easily measured with figures being produced constantly on each department.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sales assistant

ProsVery good environment while the training

ConsIt is not to big

Major Details left out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome people and very upbeat and nice. Can't complain about the company culture of the employees.
    They have to be upbeat about the job considering what the job really is....
    Second round interview is shadowing an Account Executive which includes a day in the field knocking on doors then they "explain" the path to management. So you do know what you are getting into before accepting the job (with the exception of the pay)
    They are a very tight group and hang out after work and such so they like to have fun and all levels of the company hang out i.e. management with hang out with account executives.
    NO employee dating! Very focused on getting the sales with no distractions.

ConsI was told that it was paid training but when I asked what the pay was they gave me the run around.
    It IS DOOR TO DOOR SALES. Given leads of locations that qualify for the U-VERSE tv and internet hook up.
    Day starts at 11 am and ends at 8pm and then 9am to 2pm Saturday. (not that bad)
    100% commission even though they say it's paid training...the paid part comes from the "account executive" when and if they make a sale....Spent an entire day made one sale commission came to $100 dollars of that 15% went to the new employees for shadowing the account executive.
    They say the promotion process takes two to four weeks after you start selling yet everyone I talked to had been working for close to a year before they saw their first promotion.
    I could go on but you see my point....they are very nice people to cover up how vague the position is until you agree to the position

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be upfront and explain the pay before hiring. That's why I did not continue the position. I felt mislead and taken advantage of.

Worked for Blue inc? Contribute to the Community!