BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York

Updated May 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alphonso O'Neil-White

A healthy working atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsBlueCross BlueShield is all about growth - as a team and individually. From the new CEO's quarterly connection meetings with the entire company to the TIPPER rewards system based on good deeds alone, my company really values its employees. And we have a private parking ramp. And a cafeteria! AND, a gym! Also, the views out onto the water from the 7th or 8th floors are awesome, especially when the sun sets. I actually don't hate going to work.

ConsCafeteria food is about 3-4 stars and we really never close during bad weather but other than that, pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise the cafeteria menus! (And pay me more?) Other than that, keep doin' you.

Not a good company

ProsIt was a job.. That's about all you can say.

ConsSo many to list. Management is clueless on how to service clients. Computer programs are outdated (claim, cob, etc). Plan building of new groups are horrible. They would rather pay claims wrong and fix them in the future then process things right the first time. This is ok for fully insured plan, but self funded groups waste a ton of money having them handle the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace most of the useless supervisors and managers and hire better people. Try to keep the good workers since most have left in the past 3yrs. Office culture is if you are friends with a manager or above, you will never get in trouble no matter what you do. Most of the great employees left for other companies. Only ones left are the union workers who do horrible work and the non union workers who couldn't get hired elsewhere.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot great, def not good company

ConsBad food, bad people, no advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management suck bad

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was an opening to a transactional environment.

Six Sigma Intern (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsThe urge to bring changes in the system by the upper management.

ConsThe resistance offered by people in lower sector.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much of beating around the bush.

Worked for BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York? Contribute to the Community!