BlueLinx Reviews

Updated August 5, 2014

2.6

BlueLinx President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Mitchell B. Lewis
Mitchell B. Lewis

The company as a whole is fair and competitive in our marketplace

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fair and competitive salaries. Above average benefits. Safety is always top priority. Personal tiem encourgage. Team atmosphere.

Cons

Executive team can at times be out of touch.
    Industry extremely unstable

Be more involved with what runs the business....The Sales Team!

The place where people used to love to go to work

Current Employee - Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I work with a great bunch of hard working people. The good news - If your upper management, your salary is going up.

Cons

If they value their employees, it is not expressed. Water cooler talk is many want to leave. Some will exit when the right opportunity presents itsel. Management is banking on most staying put due to uncertainties in the job market, age discrimination and a common human trait called complacency.

Start rewarding your good employees, not just the ones who revamp the benefits and pay systems to be a corporate money grab.

No integrity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, friendly co-workers, willing to spend money for training

Cons

mgmt has lack of integrity, benefits are mediocre, micro-manage

build trustworthy

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Know how to play the system.

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time

Pros

Decent hours, some managers allow working remotely and there's a cafe in the building. The new CEO is a believer in positive reinforcement, which is a nice change of pace. You are allowed to work at your own pace and aren't micro-managed. The company provides training courses on various products, as well as external training when approved.

Cons

If you work hard, be prepared to work harder without reward for your efforts, unless you consider even more work a reward. Folks with a light work load know how to look and sound busy, and will often browse the internet all day while others carry a much heavier work load and struggle to keep up. The monetary compensation is on the low end of the spectrum for most of the job postings and the insurance benefits are very expensive!

I'd love to see an overhaul on the annual reviews. From what I can tell, they don't reflect the actual workload an employee carries. Balancing workload among employees is a must. When one employee carries far more workload than another, it can create a negative atmosphere. Positive reinforcement and rewarding hard work by promoting from within are great ways to show appreciation of employees that put forth the extra effort!

Bluelinx could be much more!

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like the people are work with, everyone is nice! The company is trying to stay positive, and reenforce that everything will be ok.

Cons

No room for advancement. Managers and supervisors look outside instead of looking a current employees. Management does not value our thoughts.

Promote from within.

Good first time learning experience

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at BlueLinx part-time for less than a year

Pros

I got a chance to look at the B2B side of business. The people were nice and easy to work with.

Cons

The work got tedious. There weren't enough opportunities to get together and discuss creative ways to improve the work tactics.

On The Way Down

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time

Pros

Distribution Sales Experience. Networking w Vendors & Customers. Learning New Things.

Cons

The company culture is terrible. Most of the talk is all "back in the day" nobody is looking forward. They are just riding it out until retirement. So they hope. But there is nobody that works there that isn't talking about an exit strategy or what to do WHEN not If the company tanks. Just stand around in the hallways or the break room. You'll see. Very "Office Space" like corporate office and management. This is a place that is ran by insane people. By that I mean Einstein's definition of insanity. "People doing the same thing over and over expecting different results."

Get Fired. The removal of you is the only way to keep this company from going down. The company needs new young blood and take a risk on fresh ideas from said new young blood.

Driver CDL class A

I have been working at BlueLinx

Pros

Job with benefits thanks to local 100 good long term employees who know how to get it done on the lobar end

Cons

Lack of safety upper management does not hold branch mangers responsible for not following policy favoritism theft harassment moral

General mangers need to be replaced with someone that can correct what's wrong instead telling employees what they want hear then doing nothing even when given the facts hourly employees are not the problem at your branches an do know what's wrong

Struggling To Turn the Corner

I worked at BlueLinx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people who care about meeting customer's requirements and believe in doing their best every day.

Cons

Several questionable product roll outs that seem to lack commitment or foresight, leaving Customers with low confidence in the direction BlueLinx has chosen.

Customer confidence must be restored by a leader and forward thinking management willing to stick to decisions. Give those who actually touch the Customer an avenue in the decision making process.

Poduct Specialist

Current Employee - Product Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlueLinx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to get an education in sales
    Great place to learn about products

Cons

Get feedback from your supervisor so that you know what is expected to achieve acceptable performance.

Worked for BlueLinx? Contribute to the Community!