Bluebeam Software

Love it here:)

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work- You get out what you put in. If you are willing to go the extra mile and work in a collaborative environment the work can be challenging, yet fun. Ideas are welcome and if they align with the needs and resources of the current company standing you have the ability to drive your own projects. All of our employees are also more than willing to lend a hand when in need.

Company- Bluebeam is a growing company and has a great HQ office. Since it’s still growing there are a few internal kinks getting ironed out, but what company doesn’t have those?! I believe that adaptable personalities fit best here, considering that there are a wide range of personalities working together to make our company the awesomeness that it is. (By awesome, I mean that there is not a day that I am not laughing, smiling, or having a great conversation.)

People- This is the best part. Everyone is so different, and yet we all believe in our product and our company and that is the glue that bonds us. If you are motivated to truly get to know your teammates, their quirks and all, you will be blown away at all the amazing people here.

Cons

Bluebeam’s casual environment sets a tone of ambiguity when it comes to “rules and regulations”, which is hard for some employees to understand. Instead of rules we have guidelines and are expected to lead with common sense, and what makes the most sense in a business casual setting. Personally, this is not a con for me but some people need things to be black and white and that’s just not who Bluebeam is.

This is always the hardest question. How do you critique management in a tasteful way, yet get your point across?! In my case, I am lucky to say that I notice the steps that management is taking to develop their managerial skills with leadership workshops and doing their best to bring on well-rounded employees that can alleviate the larger tasks. Aside from those current inner workings, my advice would be to invest in leadership workshops at the associate level. Workshops at that level have the potential to boost productivity and help employees further their potential.

An amazing intern experience at an awesome company

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam Software as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The office culture is great. People are very friendly and invite you to events outside of the office. Interns get to work on cool projects that are relevant and gain valuable skills. The pay is good and you are provided housing near a really cool part of the city. It's truly the full package for a software engineering intern.

Cons

The project my team was assigned was really cool but we received very few guidelines about what exactly we were supposed to create. There was also no formal training to get us the skills that we would need to complete this project. However, other engineers were very helpful in giving us guidance whenever we asked for it.

The program would greatly benefit from more clear requirements for the project and from some type of skills training guidance. You don't need to hold the interns hands by any means but at least point them in the right direction.

Bluebeam is the total package

I have been working at Bluebeam Software full-time

Pros

For me, Bluebeam is the place where everything has finally come together for me in my career. I've worked places with great people, and I've worked places where I loved what I did -- but this is the first time I've worked somewhere that I love what I do, I love the people I do it with, and I love what we all do together. It's a great feeling to work for a company that produces a product you can really stand behind and even geek out a little on. For the most part, everyone here is really focused on working towards one common goal and is genuinely happy to be here.

Cons

I would say that Bluebeam's biggest "Cons" are all things that management is aware of, and things they're actively addressing. This company has experienced some really rapid growth in the past few years and as a result, some of our infrastructures and normal ways of doing things are now just not going to work for us. However, it really seems like there has been a lot of attention (and money) put into getting things up-to-speed, so these growing pains are really just things that will be short-lived, I believe.

I would say just keep on the path of you're on. And, as we continue to grow, keep putting in a real effort to not lose that open-door approachable feeling.

Feels Like Some Kind of Weird Cult!

Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to come up with things to write here. All I can think of is that it is a paycheck for those in transition to something better.

Cons

It feels like a cult here. Everyone wears the same shirts and call each other "Beamers" or "Beamsters". You will see them in Pasadena. They will be the ones 20 deep of people wearing the same shirt and walking into Chipotle. Don't drink the koolaid here! You can tell them how understaffed your department is over and over again, but they will never listen. They rather just have you work long hours and you take the blame for the software being unstable. Instead of hiring more Support, QA, or Dev, they waste their money on all these marketing videos that no one watches. These are really just made to feed the egos of the CEO and his Account Services Toolbags.

It becomes very frustrating working here. You will be working a weekend to catch up with things because of the understaffing, but flick on the TV and see Bluebeam has a Rally Car they sponsor. Stable software, or purchase a rally car? Its all about the CEO, no one else. I guarantee you half the postings on this site were written by the HR dept. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!

Let the workers do their jobs. Stop calling everyone Beamsters!

A good company for those who are content with mediocre.

Current Employee - Member of the Marketing Team
    Current Employee - Member of the Marketing Team

I have been working at Bluebeam Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people you work with day in and day out are fun, smart and friendly. Most of them are very good at what they do here. It's a standard 9-6 with a little leeway but no one really has their eye on it too closely. Projects are fairly challenging and fun though I'd say the biggest challenge comes in attempting to get approval for "unconventional" ideas.

The company is very stable and is continuing to grow at a steady rate.

There is a bar that's regularly stocked on site so having a drink after work can be a common thing if you like.

Cons

Managers and executives are continuously stifling those they manage. It's a constant struggle to push good ideas/projects through and when they do get through they are often warped to an extent that they no longer represent the original work. Because of this there's a plethora of "good enough" work that is produced. Communication often happens in a "top down" approach where those actually working on things have little opportunity to respond with concerns before having to push it through because someone higher up had an opinion.

Bluebeam prides themselves as being an "unconventional" software company, which basically means they don't offer perks that a lot of other progressive software companies do (Stuff like flexible work hours, gym memberships, remote working etc). When you start you are told you cannot work remotely but there are several employees that do, it just depends on your perceived value at the company.

Compensation is decent but the logic behind promotions/raises is infuriating. Apparently getting multiple reviews full of praise and back patting doesn't mean you'll be getting a raise or promotion even if you are asking for it, which is demotivating to say the least.

Allow your employees to actually do their jobs, you hired them so trust them, most of them won't let you down.

Give people clear goals and if they hit those goals reward them with more than just a pat on the back. We are a group of professionals working towards a common goal, if someone's doing a good job they should be rewarded for it.

It's a good place for people that are a good fit for the culture.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Bluebeam Software full-time

Pros

Friendly staff, good company overall to work for.

Cons

Same problems as most places, some people are poor managers.

Spend more time on communication and management skill training.

Bluebeam is a wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-The people. Bluebeam has the nicest group of people who you actually want to be friends with outside of work which is amazing.
    -The collaborative culture. As a developer, you can just turn around in your chair and ask questions, participate in design discussions or talk about something silly that happened to you that day.
    -The development environment. When I joined they had just adopted some new tools for development, source control and the build process. They strive to use the best technology and not get complacent with their tools which is very refreshing.

Cons

-Bluebeam is growing rapidly and they're starting to strain in the space that they have, but they're getting more space soon, so it's only temporary.

Keep up the good work! Make sure to continue to focus on what makes Bluebeam a great place to work as it continues to grow.

Terrible customer service

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good technology
    Great location
    Friendly people
    Nice atmosphere

Cons

No communication skills
    Too many introverts
    Managers boss around too much
    No room for creativity
    Strict company policies

A growing company that manages to be down to earth and truly collaborative.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam Software part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is all about the family feel because of the CEO and its small beginnings. I first worked as an intern there could not have had a better experience. They gave me a wonderful opportunity and have the mentality of a start up. Everyone is committed to the company, product and customers. They look for enthusiastic people and do not disappoint. They are very open to you pursuing new roles and responsibilities. There is a lot of collaboration and not a corporate feel at all. The people who work here are like no where else. It is around 88 people and I have not had an issue with anyone.

Cons

The company is experiencing some growing pains and deciding who it wants to deal with the large amount of new roles. Also, they do not have the best CRM tool.

Possibly get more organized with communication and get more college graduates. Everyone who comes to work for you from another company sees these huge positives but this is not reflected from a college recruitment standpoint.