Bluedata International

Updated September 25, 2014
Updated September 25, 2014
1.3

CEO

A good place to work for teachers who are just starting out.

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluedata International

Pros

You are able to try out different teaching methods.
    You can use your own resources or theirs.
    Teacher resource library provided.
    Flexible schedule

Cons

Treated as expendable entities.
    No value given as teachers. MIcro managed.
    Pay is terrible. No raises.

Try to treat your most important commodity (thats the teachers) with some respect and value. Take the time to learn our names.

Network Technician

Current Employee - Network Technician in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Network Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluedata International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very Entry Level of work, and will ask you to do extra work that is not related to you job a lot.

Cons

Turnover rate is extreme high, luck of growth potential

Raise the hourly wage a little more, maybe

Absolutely awful.

Former Employee - ESL Teacher in New York, NY
    Former Employee - ESL Teacher in New York, NY

I worked at Bluedata International part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good for first time teachers trying to develop a style. Young environment.

Cons

Everything else.

I am a seasoned teacher with overseas ESL experience and management experience within an educational facility. I interviewed for this place, and the director tried to con me into getting licensed via their program, which I had to pay for. I initially withdrew my application because of this, but she never even saw it and offered me a job anyway. It was for a retainer substitute position, so I thought why not since it is not permanent.

I was hired alongside another person who taught overseas who had less experience than me (only one year). We were offered the same starting rate! Then I found out the other teachers were getting paid higher than me but still had less experience. The TOEFL class they wanted me to teach actually required more preparation work than the other levels, and they put low and high level students in the same class. This is extremely frustrating in terms of student progression. Not to mention the classes are a whopping 4.5 hours long, with students only required to be there 3 hours. What is the point of having a class that long if they are only supposed to be there 3 hours?!

I asked via a long essay about my qualification for AT LEAST $2 extra for my starting rate. What they were asking of me combined with my expertise justified more than the horrible $12/hr rate they were offering. Days and days passed and no email nor phone call. I believe the director has "selective reading" because when it came to finding an emergency sub, she was quick to message me!

Extremely disorganized, horrible pay, terrible program. DO NOT WORK HERE.

CHECK YOUR EMAILS. Learn a thing or two about how much work it takes to prepare a lesson and think about how much someone should REALLY get paid for it!