Bluefish Tv

Bluefish Tv Reviews

2.9

Brian Mosley
1 Rating

Major improvements in last year

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Bluefish Tv

Pros

Work that makes an impact
    Christian environment
    Love serving the Church
    Business model changed in 2011 - now tons of opportunities for advancement and leadership opportunities

Cons

Inter office communication has been difficult during transition
    Tons of $ spent making sure resources for customers are top notch while tech needs in the office are duct taped and bubble gum fixed
    If you don't like fast-paced environments, this ain't for you

Keep promoting from the inside! It has done wonders for morale!

Worked at Bluefish, thank God I left.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at Bluefish Tv full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hmm...casual dresscode, better starting pay than McDonalds.

Cons

It's the closest thing I've ever felt to sweatshop work make no mistake, you are a telemarketer- 10 hour mini cube days calling churches who lets be honest, if they wanted something, they would have Googled "christian videos" instead... Only 30 mins for lunch and two 15 minutes breaks. You are constantly micromanaged by guys that washed out of whatever they were doing previously to this.. They try to pep talk you into making the company more money by saying you are serving the church but I just felt like I served the company. This job made me leave the church for a while and question Christianity all together. The company was bad enough, but getting chewed out constantly by pastors at hundreds of churches I called did not help my faith very much.

Realize the talent that you have. I had a masters degree, had attended seminary, and had a lot of ministry experience and was terminated after two weeks for not being able to sell, sell, sell. I had recently worked at one of the largest churches in Dallas and had a lot of potential in ministry - but after this I decided to pursue a different career altogether, taking my "licensed to gospel ministry" frame off of my office wall and putting it in storage. It took me a long time to come back to Christ and forgive people. Just really evaluate things from the top down, if you even care at all. One day we will all be held accountable.

You are a Christian telemarketer.

Former Employee - Inside Sales/ Account Executive in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales/ Account Executive in Richardson, TX

I worked at Bluefish Tv

Pros

They do a great job of emphasizing their mission and ministry aspirations. The people there are very nice and respectful. They really try to make people feel that what they are doing is significant.

Cons

You are on the phone for almost 10 hours a day talking to hundreds of churches and ministries reading the same script over and over. There are 30 minute scheduled lunches and two 15 minute breaks for the 10 hour days. There is a very clear separation between the executives and the sales team.

I think in general the management does a decent job considering the nature of the job. The one thing I would recommend is for management to find creative ways of letting the employees feel like they have some control and flexibility concerning their daily schedule. I think that would improve morale quite a bit.

Good "in-limbo" job

Former Employee - Youth Sales Team in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Youth Sales Team in Richardson, TX

I worked at Bluefish Tv

Pros

Not difficult - All you do is read a script 200 times a day
    Christian Environment
    Clean
    Relaxed Dress Code
    No work on the weekend
    Off by Noon on Friday's

Cons

You are micromanaged the whole time
    Lunches are 30 minutes
    No freedom to express individuality
    Not a lot of social interaction
    You are a glorified "Christian Telemarketer"
    If you are not sending out as many videos as they feel you should be, you are given the ax very quickly. There is no room for "a bad sales day"

Ya'll are very nice to everyone and I loved the praise and worship. Bottom line is a good temporary job to have while you are looking for something else and you are aware of that. Thanks for understanding that.

phone marketing

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Bluefish Tv

Pros

Christian moral enviroment with casual dress

Cons

difficult phone marketing enviroment to church pastors that get to many calls already

Great company mission

Ummmm.....yeah.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bluefish Tv

Pros

Great opportunity to earn decent money.

Cons

STRESSFUL. Callng pastors that hate your services. Even trying to get in contact with the leaders of these churches was a joke.

Stop treating the place like a legalized sweatshop. Have a little more understanding of your employees. Be more patient with newcomers.