Bluegreen

Bluegreen Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bluegreen President and CEO John M. Maloney Jr.

John M. Maloney Jr.

Pros:
  • "Great pay and advancement opportunities"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Nice people, quick paced environment, above minimum wage pay, ability to work with the public, work within the interesting bass pro shops atmosphere"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Plus, and it is a retail enviroment, you work every weekend which is difficult"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Will not go beyond 40 hours, refuse to pay overtime"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Marketing rep for 8 years

Marketing Representative (Former Employee)
    Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsGreat pay and advancement opportunities. Best base salary in town for most all positions offered.

ConsNew DOM came to town cleaned house and would not stand up for those he put in place. Now he has been fired and bridges have been burnt.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf it isn't broken don't fix it? Listen to your employees with years committed to the job. Very disappointed how political it got in the office before I left.

Good Place

Customer Service Representative - Vacation Club (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe employees are able to access a lot of health and wellness benefits. There is a gym and a health coach.

ConsIt's a call center and still has the call center culture.

Stop, Pitch and Sell...

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsSold some great vacation getaways and made a lot of people happy. I enjoyed the people I worked with as we tried to have a little fun every day,

Consworking outside no matter if you were hot or cold (should say freezing), 90 or 27 degrees standing for 6 hours in windy,raw rainy, snow days or nights is very hard to keep an upbeat attitude when you would make the same money an hour as someone working in beautiful warm (or air conditioned booth) in sunny Florida and have to explain why I didn't reach my sales goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone from corporate should spend at least one week (not a day and a half )in January and see how hard it is to keep an upbeat attitude every day when no one wants to stop and stand there to listen to you in the snow or rain in freezing temperatures, But they tell you that you won't have to do that cause we will be going to an INSIDE Mall for 3 months. I think they say that just to get you to stick it out for BLACK Friday and Christmas... But they never followed through or had a plan. I am a sales rep. who depends on my commissions to make a decent income. I can't survived off of an hourly wage especially when the cost of living is so much higher than the rest of the country. Show you care and a little sugar goes a long way...

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

"Share Happiness"- Not just a motto!

ProsIf you put in the effort and the time, no matter what level you are at, you will be rewarded greatly. Bluegreen is one of the few companies I have worked for that cares tremendusly about the employees in the field that are face to face with the customers. The corporate staff from District Managers to those in the corporate office are there to help you.

Bluegreen stresses "share happieness" and this is not just for the customers but also the employees. Some of the best benefits I have seen, as far as quality of life goes:

1. Employee Resort Use Program- $75 for an entire week at BG resorts
    2. 401K Matching- 100% of your first 4 %
    3. PTO/ Vacation Time- 4 Weeks right away
    4. Advancement opportunities are endless

The strong partnership with Bass Pro bring credibility to our company and product, so making a sales get easy once you have the stop, pitch and close down.

Bluegreen is growing... And I don't mean a location here and there every now and then. I mean there is no doubt in my mind that BG will double in size in a very short period of time!

ConsSometimes the work can be tough. You will work long hours starting out, no matter what level you are at. Managers are expected to be in the stores as long as it takes to get things at appropriate levels. I personally do not find this to be a problem but something that I know can be considered a "con".

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. So far I love my job and my time with BG. I look forward to watching the company grow and seeing how far it can go!

bluegreen

Prosi like my coworkers a lot

Conshate management lied about pay horrible pay scale

Bluegreen issues drastic pay cuts at random.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Springfield, MO

ProsUsed to be many pro's, The company "claims" to be there for its associates..
    Drastic pay cuts by 40-50% a year then the company expects higher performance for less pay.
    This review is based on decisions that have been made by higher up ranks within the company, not my local work location. I worked with great teammates, and a perfect onsite manager.

ConsIf your pay starts out good, don't count on it staying that way. This company claims to stand behind its associates yet drastically changes payplan more than 40% at random. This company CREATED an unstable, stressful, and untrustworthy work environment.
    I would not recommend this job to a qualified sales person.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your associates like you claim to & understand the harm you cause when you make rash, irresponsible decisions, without reason to the pay and care of your associates.

Beware!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Spanish Fort, AL

ProsYou work in the Bass Pro Shop. You do get to meet some nice people, and constantly having to talk to someone is good for you if you shy.

ConsIts all about coning someone into taking a time share tour. You have to meet a quota, to keep you job, which in this economey is not easy to do. They're good if you can afford to go for more than a couple days.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit putting so much pressure on the employees, it takes the fun out of it. Also quit asking people to lie for your company so much

A great place to work and Share Happiness

ProsBenefits - with a matching 401k and more vacation time than you can use, beautiful resorts that you can stay at with discounted rates, ability to grow with company.

ConsHours - busiest during holidays and times when most people take vacations.

It is what you make of it! Being a former bznss owner the hardest thing was getting leads. They do a good job!

Line Representative (Current Employee)
    Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsYou can move up if you have patience and are willing to learn. Excuses are reasons for failure.

ConsThe ups and downs, and winter if you suck

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the TO's to work from the same page. its frustrating to reps.hearing conflicting, self made inventory stories

Great company and culture with awesome benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsLearned a lot and worked in a nice environment with great coworkers. Benefits are very competitive- generous PTO plan and resort stay allowance.

ConsNo real cons except salaries could be better

Worked for Bluegreen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bluegreen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bluegreen CEO John M. Maloney Jr. All 80 reviews posted anonymously by Bluegreen employees.