Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bluegreen Vacations President and CEO John M. Maloney Jr.

John M. Maloney Jr.

Pros
  • flexible schedule, great compensation, awesome benefits, 3 to 4 weeks paid vacation (in 3 reviews)

• Great benefits package including 4 weeks paid time off (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I am convinced that upper management (Maloney et (in 5 reviews)

• Plus, and it is a retail enviroment, you work every weekend which is difficult (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Okay company for people just starting. Do not count on a career

Analyst (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThe benefits are good. You are able to visit any of their resorts at a reduced rate. The compensation is fair and competitive.

ConsSome of the senior leaders (VP and above) really are not supportive of employees. There are cliques and the only employees that advance are friends with these senior leaders.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Infrastructure Struggle

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Pros4 weeks paid vacation with really reasonable prices to use company properties.There is a benefit package in a world where you may not get benefits. Standard Monday through Friday 8:30-5 job.

ConsBlack out dates often make employee use of resorts a joke. In the corporate office, as an entry level admin, you will not have very much opportunity in front of you and you will have to fight/compete with your coworkers for recognition AND projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in some modern technology for things like scanning, remotely filing and payroll so that you free up some man hours of useless work and potentially tapping into truly talented and motivated individuals. Management could also learn some basic employee retention strategy.

Great Product and a Benefits

In-house Sales (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsBeautiful Resorts, great hours, and benefits.

ConsLack of communication between departments and upper management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great until you find something else

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

Pros6 hour work days. Discounts at BPS. Only a $11 an hour base but you made commission.

ConsHad a good manager, but upper management (District/Regional) were out of touch. You accrue Paid Time Off, but can't use it when most normal people take vacations (Spring/Summer/Holidays...etc) Same thing with use of the resorts. With the Blackout dates it was like a "fake benefit."

Advice to Senior ManagementYou feed the race horses and let the mules graze. :)

Terrible

Front Desk (Former Employee) Boyne Falls, MI

ProsTips left in rooms. Some coworkers were nice.

ConsManager had a preference for young, pretty girls. Visiting district manager was an old pervert.
    Housekeeping staff were required to haul buckets of cleaning products weighing over 20 pounds all over a 13 acre property, and in all types of weather. The company would sometimes force overtime of up to 14 hours. Pay was low, and any advancement opportunities were given to friends and relatives. A lot of nepotism and age discrimination.

Senior Vacation Specialist

Senior Vacation Specialist (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe company is actually ok. Great benefits.

ConsThe negativity to the nature of the company is more than the Pros are worth. I thought I was going to be planing people's vacations instead I rarely got to make reservations, rather was the messenger boy to the owners that their money they fork over every year is for NOTHING. People cursing you out EVERYDAY. People even treating bodily harm to not only you but themselves. The owners HATE YOU they honestly hate you and take all their frustration out on you. You take more calls for collections department than you do reservations. The systems in which they grade your performance are not 100% actuate but yet you are held acceptable by how a computer says you're doing you're job. The process of advancement is unfair and only given to those who are related to the higher ups.

Not a pleasant experience when you deal with friendly fire from management on management daily.

IT Professional (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThe health benefits and 401k.

ConsThe travel benefits are hard to use and never available and work 60+ hours every week and looked down upon if you don't maintain that level of work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should institute surveying management to see what the employees deal with on a daily and hear the real feedback. They don't do it cause they don't want to hear it or know about it.

Front line sales Rep

Front Line Sales (Current Employee) Sevierville, TN

ProsIt's a great work environment, hours are great and most of the people you work with are fun. Great place to work if you are a good salesman

ConsCommission only! You get a draw to cover some basic expenses, but if you have benefits, don't expect to see more then about $20 per week of that draw. If you are making sales then you get your commission instead of the draw which is good, but you have to pay back the draw out of your commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally would like to see a small hourly rate (that you didn't have to pay back) plus commission on top.

Awful place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay okay. Hours okay. Benefits okay.

ConsSupervisor was awful. They didn't know their job and you got blamed for their mistakes. You were expected to know everything after 2 weeks of working there. I wouldn't suggest working there to anyone.

Bluegreen is a company with no clear direction and an identity crisis???

Collections (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

Pros-Competitive pay.
    - 401k is great.
    - Good health benefits.

Cons-Fear, intimidation, and threats are how they manage employees.
    -What does it matter to have good benefits and bad management who cause high turnover.
    -They place people in management with no management experience.
    -Most departments management structure is comprised of novices wanting to pretend they know how to run a department. It a complete joke on a daily basis. A far cry of what make a good company a great one.
    -The motto $hare Happiness is as genuine as pleather.
    -When the executives can't see the warning signs and declining morale of their departments, how can you call yourselves leader's.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstitute a system where employees can survey management and review them annually to see what the employees really feel and experience on a daily basis being mistreated.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Bluegreen Vacations? Contribute to the Community!