Bluegreen Vacations Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Bluegreen Vacations President and CEO John M. Maloney Jr.
John M. Maloney Jr.

Pros
  • 4 weeks paid vacation with really reasonable prices to use company properties (in 4 reviews)

• Awesome Co Workers both at the Booth and Bass Pro Shop workers (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has completely overlooked those who help this site run smoothly (in 8 reviews)

• What does it matter to have good benefits and bad management who cause high turnover (in 5 reviews)

1. Great Company

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations part-time

Pros

This company has a lot of great benefits and the people you work with are pleasant. Look them up and visit sometimes. Buy a vacation!

Cons

The only cons are within yourself. If you are someone who doesn't like to work hard or if you are impatient with seeing commission benefits, this is not the place for you. I loved it personally.

Advice to Management

Management you are doing a great job. Thank you for training me so, very well. Keep doing everything you guys are doing.

2. I enjoy working here

Current Employee - Trust Administration Specialist in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Trust Administration Specialist in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bluegreen has an aura of friendliness and welcoming. Great benefits. 4 weeks PTO to start and the ability to stay at resorts at a significant discount. They do well in honoring employees that excel. They understand work/life balance. I also like my managers.

Cons

Some things are antiquated like databases and processes, but overall nothing that you can't work around.

Jul 21, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. Share happiness! :-)

3. Love working for Bluegreen. It's an awesome organization.

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations

Pros

Benefits Compensation Career opportunities Fun atmosphere Great technology Benefits Multiple departments and divisions Growth is stable Job security

Cons

Communication Location the building is very old Lack of bonus for all associates Turnover

Advice to Management

Share bonus with all associates via a profit sharing plan. The fees for 401K withdrawals are too steep.

Jul 21, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. It is valued and very much appreciated. Share Happiness! :-)

5. Was good while it last

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time

Pros

Very good management in the beginning after years I needed a change and management wasn't what it use to be .

Cons

Management changes to many times .

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics ,customer service , providing a great product and delivering a great guest experience.

Jul 16, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. If you would like to discuss your concerns please contact us at careers@bluegreenvacations.com.

6. maintenance

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Joliet, IL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like to do maintenance work from plumbing to painting

Cons

I live on bluff mountain in the winter sometime I can't get down

Worst job I've ever had

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations

Pros

Weekly paychecks Direct deposit Good commission if deals stick. Your own office. Benefits are good if you chose to get them

Cons

This is the worst job I have EVERY had! There is No training provided so you basically have to wing it and if something is incorrect you get treated like a child. The job expected literal perfection. Management has an attitude problem, undermines employees, micromanages unnecessarily. If you have a concern the reply you get is essentially an "it is what it is, grow some thicker skin" type of response and nothing gets done about your concern. Absurd amount if pressure and stress. Communication between departments that should be working together is non existent. No one man's up for their faults but is very quick to scapegoat and blame others for everything. Upper management uses their sr title positions to intimidate some employees under them. Get ready to kiss your life outside of work a big fat kiss goodbye. No weekends off, no concrete time to clock out. Is it a holiday? Bluegreen doesn't care. You are having an important famiky/social event? Too bad bluegreen says it's time for work. I could go on forever with the cons of this company

Advice to Management

Attempt to be a human being not a money and power hungry glutton. Be compasionate and humble . dont use your title as leverage for intimidation or blatant disrespect.

Jul 16, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback, as it is very important to us. Please contact me to further discuss your concerns at careers@bluegreenvacations.com.

8. Sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pearl, MS
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pearl, MS

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere. Great travel package deals to sell to clients. Supportive management.

Cons

Sales environment limited to in-store closings, within one store location, which limits your sales potential - especially in a small town area. Also, you may have to work alongside several other consultants, so if the client pool is small, competition for sales will be stiff.

Advice to Management

Expand sales locations.

Jul 21, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback, your time is valuable and appreciated.

9. Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Operations in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and culture. Good longevity.

Cons

Like any job it can be very stressful at times

Jul 16, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking a moment to share your honest feedback. Share happiness! :-)

10. Bluegreen Vacations

Former Employee - RESERVATION ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - RESERVATION ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations (More than a year)

Pros

Good company, nice vacation benefits and wonder employees.

Cons

Lack of follow-up with rehire

Jul 16, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. Please contact us if you are open to further addressing your concerns. careers@bluegreenvacations.com

11. Call transfer

Former Employee - Call Transfer Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Call Transfer Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations

Pros

Pros - Good to get your foot in the door in vacation sales. - Discounts on hotels stays

Cons

Cons - If you are experienced in vacation sales you will NOT like it. Commission sucks Horrible leads They are all broke . Go to a bigger company instead

Advice to Management

Stop Hiring people you know and start growing your own employees.

Jul 16, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback, it is very important to us. If you would like to further address your concerns, please contact us at careers@bluegreenvacations.com.

RSS Feed </> Embed