Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Reviews

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
2.6

Bluegreen Vacations President and CEO John M. Maloney Jr.
John M. Maloney Jr.

Pros
  • Good benefits, 4 weeks paid time off in your first year, vacation perks (in 4 reviews)

• Awesome Co Workers both at the Booth and Bass Pro Shop workers (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has completely overlooked those who help this site run smoothly (in 8 reviews)

• What does it matter to have good benefits and bad management who cause high turnover (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Outstanding benefits

Current Employee - Management in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Bluegreen for more than 10 years. I am amazed each year with how they try to make the associate benefits better and better. The rich PTO plan, the subsidized medical benefits and the generous 401k match really stands them apart from other companies.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints at this time about Bluegreen. The salary and benefits are very competitve and the Senior team has the associates and guest experience at heart at all times.

Good company IF you can last

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good income, great bonus program, fair benefits, and fun job if you preform.

Cons

300% turn of sales teams, meat grinder, high pressure sales, hard sales pitch even if you're a hunter, upper mgt does not care about the turns, and your life will be short lived if you don't hit your numbers; which your base will not matter anyways!

Stop counting your money, start listening to your sales teams, and stop "telling" them how it is going to be done with no idea on the issues that face the front line sales people.
    The culture is poor because the front line for the most part knows that the upper management team truly does not care about their well being.

Amazing

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Auburn, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Auburn, NY

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not treated like a number.

Cons

Tough sell, high turnover rate

An okay place to work

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Charleston, SC

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, meet new people all the time, good travel benefits, get to talk about vacations all the time.

Cons

Lack of upward mobility, constant pressure to make numbers, company is always focused on the short term.

Wonderful Company

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor of Club Services in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Supervisor of Club Services in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance..Management is great..Vacation time (PTO)

Cons

Office culture can be improved on. Bigger office space

Continue to help assocaites grow within the company

Misery

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations

Pros

Met a lot of great friends.

Cons

I have been working in timeshare for 10plus years. This place is the ABOSULTE HORRIBLE. I REPEAT! HORRIBLE.
    I can not stress enough that you do not want to work here. They are so hard to work for. The managers are rough and treat sales rep/in house sales reps terrible. If you decide to go to work here this better be your last offer and starving. I am not a negative person but this company is a bad experience for everyone. The cancellations is high and your numbers better be high at ALL times or you will be out of a job. I left the company because they let me go because of cancellations. You can not hardly reach bonus here and they will make sure of it. The bonuses is based upon how many tours you get. You do not nor never will have control over that part. I left there was 2-3 people that been there only 4yrs and their other family members worked there.
    I left a good job thinking I would make better money, now I am unemployed. Don't get me wrong I have been a top performer and Blue green Corporation ruined my life. We constantly walked on egg shells when working. We couldn't talk, drink their coffee, get up to use bathroom ,,stand in straight line, drink water, eat. Crazy stuff I know it bizarre !!! DONT WORK HERE!!!!

You treat your employees really bad. I feel for them. You should change your leadership to be more positive.

overall a great company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

commission structure is decent
    vacation time / resort use

Cons

relocation bonus is a joke
    managers with successful store should not be micro managed with scheduling....if i work 50+ hours a week (always over quota) don't be upset if i take a 3 hour lunch one day out of the week.

upper management needs to understand that filling the booth with warm bodies is not the correct approach, working with fewer people until a trainable candidate comes along will pay off ten fold.
    stop over promising...its already a great job.
     budgets do have a limit, you can't keep raising them if the CTS is already low (okc), instead, focus on revenue.

Selling Bluegreen vacations in BassPro

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bluegreen offers me a great hourly wage plus a generous bonus structure. It is graduated, but almost impossible for anyone with a brain not to sell enough in a week to reach commissions. If you dig in and do well, you wont give a flip about your hourly pay. Short 30 hour work weeks, give or take, and full time benefits.

Cons

We are in a retail environment and subject to termination at any moment by a complaint from a disgruntled customer who did not appreciate being solicited, in short, my coworkers and I are in danger constantly from losing our jobs by doing what we have been trained to do. At Bluegreen, it is made very clear you are expendable. My immeadiate supervisor is the only one we have contact with, and we do feel he cares, but Bluegreen has bean counters out their wazoo, and its blatantly clear the company doesn't value their people that much.

I know there is a lot going on with the relationship with Basspro shops, but we are people here and feel that at any moment the wrong customer could come along and we'd be gone. Just try and value your people a little more. You pay us well, treat us well, but try to reduce the fear of job loss a little.

Great job if you love to sell.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Commission
    Great Hours- only 30 a week!!
    Great work environment
    Meet a ton of great people

Cons

Very much like cold-calling except this is RIGHT UP IN YOUR FACE.
    You are trying to sell vacation packages to people who have no intention of buying vacation packages.
    Overcoming some objections made me feel like a horrible person on the inside.
    Don't even THINK about requesting any specific shift or time off--NOT gonna happen and you're just gonna anger your boss.

If you are a salesperson, this is an excellent job. I found the pay to be quite fair and the commission structure is great. BUT if you don't have sales experience, I would really not recommend this job. It is HARD because people DO NOT want what you are trying to sell them. Cold calling, but FACE to FACE.

Overall, I am convinced this is an excellent opportunity for people who exceed at sales. So I have no advice for management.

Not what they appear to be

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some really great people who make you feel welcome to the company, but not enough to keep you.

Cons

Very chaotic, Senior Leadership does NOT have a grasp of reality nor do they care about their employees. Company's need to make a profit, that is why they are in business. But Bluegreen treats their people poorly, does not give positive feedback or compliments. They only seem to know how to ridicule and abandon.

To the CEO - re-evaluate your senior leadership team.....they do not support the field employees and spread discontentment. They over promise and consistently under deliver. Their only concern is numbers, numbers....they do not consider the long term effectives of their knee jerk reactions. Extremely poor and ridiculous management in the senior leadership team.