Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Reviews

Updated November 7, 2014
Updated November 7, 2014
2.7

Bluegreen Vacations President and CEO John M. Maloney Jr.
John M. Maloney Jr.

Pros
  • Good benefits, 4 weeks paid time off in your first year, vacation perks (in 4 reviews)

• Awesome Co Workers both at the Booth and Bass Pro Shop workers (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has completely overlooked those who help this site run smoothly (in 8 reviews)

• What does it matter to have good benefits and bad management who cause high turnover (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Long hours

Current Employee - Administrative Manager in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Manager in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice people to work with

Cons

Long hours low pay and very little chance for advancement

Admin positions are grossly underpaid

Wonderful company to work for. Great benefits and extremely organized corporate standards and training!

Current Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Williamsburg, VA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Office culture is one of unity and positivity. Employees are well looked after and management top notch!

Cons

Customer service is not always the least stressful thing.

Their can always be improvement on the personal growth of employees within the company.

It could be BETTER

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You don't need a hall pass to use the restroom.

Cons

Terrible management - often inexperienced and immature. Lying is standard, on and off the sales floor. They sell the fact when hiring that you earn 4 weeks vacation per year, but they won't approve all the PTO earned, so you lose it at the end of the year. No where to be promoted unless you transfer to a different site. More work for less pay. Haven't given a cost of living increase to admin or resort side staff in over 3 years. Only those working on commission make money here. Upper management has completely overlooked those who help this site run smoothly.

Wake up. Reward all your employees. Everyone should be compensated properly.

It was ok

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Olathe, KS

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation was decent and you only had to work 32-33 hours to be full time.

Cons

High pressure sales. All they care about it seems is numbers not people.

Poor leadership and values. Stop and help people the management can be very cruel.

Worst job I ever had

Former Employee - OPC in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - OPC in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best part of this job is going to events and networking with others so that you can get a new job because this job will not last long. Also the schedule is very flexible, no problem getting certain days off.

Cons

Management horrible and mislead me and co-workers about job. Nobody could tell me my benefits, signed up for full time position but had part time hours. The locations we had were horrible and only a certain demographic of people are interested in doing this preferably the 25-40 range. My manger was a compulsive liar and I have nothing positive to say about this job. Stay far far away from Bluegreen Vacations

Avoid working for a timeshare company!

Former Employee - Bass Pro Shop Marketing in Dania, FL
    Former Employee - Bass Pro Shop Marketing in Dania, FL

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, 4 weeks paid time off in your first year, vacation perks.

Cons

Very political atmosphere, everyone seems to be in it for themselves, always patting themselves on the back, no "TEAM" unity. Middle management does not seem qualified, most lack management & people skills. Difficult to be promoted unless you know someone or are related. Upper & middle managers seem to move form resort to resort to resort, there's very little longevity. Serious communication issues between departments exists, as well as finger pointing.

Hire qualified people to run the business, less nepotism.

Great at times, but the pay is very low for all positions.

Current Employee - Worker in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Worker in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefit package. It is an awesome perk to be able to visit the resorts as an employee.

Cons

Upper management isn't in tune with employee engagement.

Look within your employee's to see the talent you already have in your ranks.

Slowly weeding out best employees

Current Employee - Confirmations Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Confirmations Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Four weeks of PTO, $75 week stays at certain resorts.

Cons

Managers are only concerned about selling add-ons because they get a large cut of the commissions, also from my experience they don't care about helping anyone but themselves which creates a hostile work environment. The customers are always angry about being lied to, constantly having to backtrack and give them gift cards for compensation for simple things. The resort half might be better, but the call center isn't the best place to work.

Figure out why certain people are selling add-ons left and right, while you are firing employees who have been with the company for over two years for lack of revenue. When you have sales agents who lie to get sales for greedy managers it's going to come back to hurt the company in the end.

Very good experience ..... Fantastic Benefits !

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Above average hourly wage + commission -- if you can sell, you can make money with Bluegreen, Fantastic Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K (vested immediately), PTO, Paid Holidays... Nice 'work to life' balance -- as a Sales Rep (in the retail environment) full time is 30 hours a week -- I had time to enjoy my life, while working - a HUGE plus!! I also had the opportunity to work with some fantastic Managers in my store that truly encouraged me and helped me to 'grow' my skills at selling. Thank you all!

Cons

Expect to work weekends and holidays -- it's Sales in a retail environment. My goal when I joined the company was to be promoted into Management. I was told countless times that the company promotes from within and rewards those that put in the work. That may be true in some Regions of the company but in my region, it's pretty much a 'boy's club'. To see others be promoted with no real Sales ability and putting in only minimum effort, it was hard to watch. I DO believe that if you are female, you have a much better chance of being in Management in the South and West Districts.

I believe that you need a much better way of assessing whether someone is ready for management. Having a phone interview with someone who lives in another part of the country and has never met you or watched you work and know what skills you possess is not fair to those that put in the effort every day to prove themselves. I truly felt unappreciated and led on with the 'wonderful opportunities that we have to move into management' speech that Bluegreen preaches. BUT -- I do want to thank you for a wonderful opportunity -- I learned a great deal about selling and interacting with the public, while working with some fabulous people ! and most of all -- thank you for realizing that a certain person at the National level was NOT good for this company. Hallelujah!

FtF Sales

Former Employee - F-t-F Sales in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - F-t-F Sales in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Bluegreen Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Different locations available. malls in booths, Bass Pro Shops, and NASCAR Sports Marketing

Cons

weather may hamper production. inside locations available