Bluepoint Solutions

www.bluepointsolutions.com

Bluepoint Solutions Reviews

3.5

Hal Tilbury Jr.

Challenging opportunity to effect the future of a small, growing company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Bluepoint Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Motivated employees, good work-life balance, company is deeply committed to important non-profit groups, opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Office culture can get political, not enough support staff.

Continue to recruit and promote passionate, talented employees who care about the customers and their coworkers.

Excellent team of coworkers undermined by the owner's focus on trying to build a family legacy.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Bluepoint Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will be overstressed and underpaid, customers will be frustrated by software bugs that take years to get acknowledged, let alone fixed, but your coworkers will have your back.

You'll probably find a bullet-point or two to add to your resume, and a good war story for your next job interview.

You'll discovery new and creative ways to express the sentiment of "I'm sorry" to customers.

There's an annual company meeting, and usually alcohol is provided, or at least crackers and fancy cheese.

Cons

In the words from a customer: "We went with Bluepoint's software because you were three times cheaper than your competitor."

In the words from another customer: "We were told your software provided this feature when we purchased it; we're 9 months into implementation, what do you mean you think the feature will be available in the next patch?"

Bluepoint Solutions is a privately-owned software-house that markets to the Credit Union industry. The software is buggy and outdated -- not in the "all software has bugs"-manner, but in the manner of "Credit Unions are non-profit entities, and once they buy into us, it becomes very expensive for them to leave and non-profits can't afford it."

Customers will yell at you. Customers will yell at you, because their customers are yelling at them. Their customers are yelling at them, because buggy software caused money not to be deposited into their savings account. Senior management won't care, because they're not personally affected by this.

Customers will be sold a product and told it includes features that don't exist, or don't work as expected.
    You will soon figure out that although you work for a software company, it's a software company that's not founded by a software developer, but a salesman whose goal is to just make a sale. You'll also figure out that the founder's goal is to sell the company so that he has some money to leave his children when he retires.

Sell the company so that it can grow, give the profits to your children so they can move on to whatever industry they actually care about, and allow your employees to shape the product to meet the expectations that were sold to the customer.

Very close group of employees that give the company a bright future

I have been working at Bluepoint Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Everyone is eager to help new employees
    - Great training available
    - Internal growth opportunities appear to be there

Cons

- As a small growing company details can sometimes get lost in the shuffle for new employees

Continue to hire quality people and invest in your current team. Also continue to look towards the future to stay ahead of the competition and keep pushing the product development roadmap.

Learned a lot but was misinformed and unorganized

Former Employee - Social Media Marketing Intern in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Social Media Marketing Intern in Henderson, NV

I worked at Bluepoint Solutions as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone was very nice and welcomed my with open arms during my 15 weeks of internship.

Cons

Used me as a "test" subject for their first marketing intern. Then gave me the boot.

CMO was nice and sometimes helpful. But he is hard to get a hold of him.