Bluestream Professional Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kathleen G. Putrah

Wireline Installer

Pros*One of the largest companies in this industry
    *Opportunities across the US
    *Opportunities at different positions within company

Cons*Nothing at this time to mention

I had a favorable experience

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsOrganized, professional and hard working group of people to work with.

ConsI was not able to obtain a full time position, I was a contractor. I had hope to be brought on full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that a mixture of talented, educated, goal orientated and strong values to get the job done. Should make up the teams at BlueStream.

A lawsuit waiting to happen

Tower Climber (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsPay on-time, good benefits, depending on where you are cultured co-workers.

ConsProjects are not structured in order for jobs to run smoothly, either we dont have the material to begin with or were notified of last minute changes to work already completed. Epitome of the "good ol boy" (and everything that comes along with that) office structure once you get outside of Atlanta.

Advice to Senior ManagementShut the complete operation down for 7-10 days. Access where youre losing unneccessarily as well as due to vendor constraints, changes, etc. I would tell you the rest but you dont pay me enough, cheers!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fell so very far from what it once was

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Marietta, GA

ProsImmediate co-workers that survived through all the acquisitions and layoffs were great people to work with. The location of the office is pretty good. Can't think of one other positive thing.

ConsUtterly incompetent management brought in by the acquiring company and placed in leadership roles while passing over far more experienced people that were already there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. It would be pointless to offer any.

Horrible

Marietta, GA

ProsMy Co-Workers were great (with the exception of a few old timers that were in desperate need of an office etiquette training and a review of an HR policy). I was paid on time each pay period.

ConsOrganizational structure doesn't support the business unit; lack of competent management; multiple silos with NO ONE working together to accomplish any goals; 95% of the population smokes and to add insult to injury, they stand around the door and smoke, so expect to smell like a cigarette factory when you leave in the evenings; 50% of the population yells across the office when they need something and uses profanity 6-8 hours of each working day and doesn't care who hears it; the company doesn't employ any current methodologies or operational systems for anything; none of the systems communicate, so you can expect to spend the majority of your day on rework or spending 3 hours on something that should take you 30 minutes to complete; management doesn't use their talent and please don't have or voice an opinion or suggestion that goes against the hillbilly mentality/culture because once you do, you're labeled a "troublemaker"; no professional growth opportunities unless your uncle, cousin or husband works there and can put a good word in someone's ear, benefits are the worse and very expensive, etc...etc....I wouldn't recommend Bluestream to my worse enemy unless he or she needs a pit stop once their unemployment was exhausted.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I thought it would do any good, I'd gladly share, but it's a known fact that management is a joke, so why bother.

Bad company

Tower Climber (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe pay is decent if you negotiate well at the beginning. You get your own room and new gear

ConsThe management is horrible. There is no upward mobility. Incompetent people are running the company. The positive reviews are nonsense. Nobody thinks the training is good. It could be condensed into two weeks. Mostly, it's a waste if time. Did I mention how incompetent management is? Don't expect to get many hours, Bluestream is a sinking ship better to be avoided.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn something about the tower business before you start bossing us around.

almost a year here and so far really good

Tower Lead (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Prosgood pay. always on time. benefits, paid vacation. paid travel and hotel. GREAT training and full certs. VERY safety minded

ConsRM's are hard to get on the phone. they are busy

Advice to Senior Managementhire more admins to answer managements phone

growing and stable

Tower Top Hand (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood pay and benefits. compared to other tower companies, Blue Stream's safety and training program is the best in the business. perks are great. one man per room, 5 weeks on 1 week off. paid idle time, perdiem, benefits.

ConsHard to get a hold of an RM in market but they hired managers after they hired crews so the ones in market are pretty busy. They are getting project managers in place now and that is helping. growing pains of a new division but better than anywhere else I've worked. They are just now getting rid of all the industry job hoppers that do nothing but get in trouble and complain about the company.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep making communication better.

Growing company that has rapidly become a recognized leader in Telecom Services

ProsGood benefits and pay and flexible schedule. Company is recognizing rapid growth and adapting to changing landscape of Telecom Services. New business is coming in very rapidly and demand for crews has grown tremendously. Customer base is growing rapidly as well

ConsCommunication is sometimes delayed due to customers and changes within scopes of work

Advice to Senior ManagementNone currently, adapting to change has been good.

The company is growing, there are a lot of opportunities.

(Current Employee)
    Marietta, GA

ProsThe company is expanding, growth potential

ConsThey are learning to support the growth, lack of communications between departments

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your word and if it's broken acknowledge it and create new promises.

Worked for Bluestream Professional Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bluestream Professional Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bluestream Professional Services CEO Kathleen G. Putrah. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by Bluestream Professional Services employees.