Bluestream Professional Services

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
2.5

Kathleen G. Putrah

Good Pay, That's About It.

Former Employee - Tower Technician A+  in  Romeoville, IL
    Former Employee - Tower Technician A+ in Romeoville, IL

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay starting out is really good, management was exceptional, always interesting coworkers in the tower industry.

Cons

Ridiculous overtime (70-80 hours/week), incorrect equipment for really crappy site builds (90% tower mods), zero time to relax or take a day off to recoup.

Even if you're getting hounded about incomplete sites your workers NEED at least a day off per week, especially if they are pumping 70 hour weeks.

Very shady, unprofessional, and inexperienced company claiming to be knowledgeable in the tower industry.

Former Employee - Installation Lead  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Installation Lead in Marietta, GA

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

No pros other than them knowing how to continuously post job openings due to the turn over rate percentage.

Cons

Program teaches safe climbing by certified climbers whom have less than a year climbing, or at least that was the case when I was there. However during my employment I learned that they do not posses any technical knowledge of an actual tower as well as the requirements of knowledge base upon a tower's structural specifications as far as decision making regarding tower mods, installations, de-coms or structural analysis requirements which poses safety concern (my opinion).Upon my employment Technical trainers possessed very little if any knowledge base regarding GSM UMTS LTE AWS, and dish installations. Focus is on leadership abilities as well as safety which gives the inexperienced hands the opportunity to promote to a lead/foreman position in the field. This poses risk upon decision making when there is no prior knowledge pertaining to the structures evaluation prior to climbing as it is always recommended to evaluate any structure prior to climbing or any other evaluation such as head room, SOW, quality, punch recognition, load capacities etc..... During my class I was not taught to evaluate a structure prior to climbing as that was not part of their program requirement. Was taught everything via power point mostly which contained the basics.. Luckily I had experience from previous years. Also had to sit back on idle time due to no work being available. Lastly during my employment I was told that climbers were a dime a dozen and that I could easily be replaced. Turnover rate is unreal. This should speak for something so obviously it's more than just an act of retaliation from a former unsatisfied employee. In my opinion I don't recommend this company to anyone with extensive knowledge as with my experience during my employment I felt as if my knowledge hurt my chances of career stability with them. As far as them continuously hiring, I would say that this is due to the high turnover rate in my opinion.

None. .. they refused to listen before because tower language is foreign to them so advice now would be a waste.

Bluestream Professional Services Response

Aug 25, 2014Supervisor, Military Staffing and Recruiting

Your ranting could not be further from the truth. We are proud to be recognized by NATE and our training facility and trainers are second to none. As a tower climber I do not see how you can speak ... More

Wireline Installer

I have been working at Bluestream Professional Services full-time

Pros

*One of the largest companies in this industry
    *Opportunities across the US
    *Opportunities at different positions within company

Cons

*Nothing at this time to mention

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had a favorable experience

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Organized, professional and hard working group of people to work with.

Cons

I was not able to obtain a full time position, I was a contractor. I had hope to be brought on full time.

I believe that a mixture of talented, educated, goal orientated and strong values to get the job done. Should make up the teams at BlueStream.

A lawsuit waiting to happen

Current Employee - Tower Climber  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tower Climber in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bluestream Professional Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay on-time, good benefits, depending on where you are cultured co-workers.

Cons

Projects are not structured in order for jobs to run smoothly, either we dont have the material to begin with or were notified of last minute changes to work already completed. Epitome of the "good ol boy" (and everything that comes along with that) office structure once you get outside of Atlanta.

Shut the complete operation down for 7-10 days. Access where youre losing unneccessarily as well as due to vendor constraints, changes, etc. I would tell you the rest but you dont pay me enough, cheers!

Horrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Bluestream Professional Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My Co-Workers were great (with the exception of a few old timers that were in desperate need of an office etiquette training and a review of an HR policy). I was paid on time each pay period.

Cons

Organizational structure doesn't support the business unit; lack of competent management; multiple silos with NO ONE working together to accomplish any goals; 95% of the population smokes and to add insult to injury, they stand around the door and smoke, so expect to smell like a cigarette factory when you leave in the evenings; 50% of the population yells across the office when they need something and uses profanity 6-8 hours of each working day and doesn't care who hears it; the company doesn't employ any current methodologies or operational systems for anything; none of the systems communicate, so you can expect to spend the majority of your day on rework or spending 3 hours on something that should take you 30 minutes to complete; management doesn't use their talent and please don't have or voice an opinion or suggestion that goes against the hillbilly mentality/culture because once you do, you're labeled a "troublemaker"; no professional growth opportunities unless your uncle, cousin or husband works there and can put a good word in someone's ear, benefits are the worse and very expensive, etc...etc....I wouldn't recommend Bluestream to my worse enemy unless he or she needs a pit stop once their unemployment was exhausted.

If I thought it would do any good, I'd gladly share, but it's a known fact that management is a joke, so why bother.

almost a year here and so far really good

Current Employee - Tower Lead  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tower Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bluestream Professional Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

good pay. always on time. benefits, paid vacation. paid travel and hotel. GREAT training and full certs. VERY safety minded

Cons

RM's are hard to get on the phone. they are busy

hire more admins to answer managements phone

growing and stable

Current Employee - Tower Top Hand  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tower Top Hand in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good pay and benefits. compared to other tower companies, Blue Stream's safety and training program is the best in the business. perks are great. one man per room, 5 weeks on 1 week off. paid idle time, perdiem, benefits.

Cons

Hard to get a hold of an RM in market but they hired managers after they hired crews so the ones in market are pretty busy. They are getting project managers in place now and that is helping. growing pains of a new division but better than anywhere else I've worked. They are just now getting rid of all the industry job hoppers that do nothing but get in trouble and complain about the company.

keep making communication better.

Growing company that has rapidly become a recognized leader in Telecom Services

Pros

Good benefits and pay and flexible schedule. Company is recognizing rapid growth and adapting to changing landscape of Telecom Services. New business is coming in very rapidly and demand for crews has grown tremendously. Customer base is growing rapidly as well

Cons

Communication is sometimes delayed due to customers and changes within scopes of work

None currently, adapting to change has been good.

Fell so very far from what it once was

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Immediate co-workers that survived through all the acquisitions and layoffs were great people to work with. The location of the office is pretty good. Can't think of one other positive thing.

Cons

Utterly incompetent management brought in by the acquiring company and placed in leadership roles while passing over far more experienced people that were already there.

None. It would be pointless to offer any.

Worked for Bluestream Professional Services? Contribute to the Community!