Bluestream Professional Services

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Kathleen G. Putrah

Pros
  • Pay on-time, good benefits, depending on where you are cultured co-workers (in 3 reviews)

• No pros other than them knowing how to continuously post job openings due to the turn over rate percentage (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance, horrible leadership, and under paid positions (in 4 reviews)

• Small company that you think would have more of an interest in work life balance and employee loyalty (in 2 reviews)

1. Project Coordinator

Former Employee - Project Manager in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Marietta, GA

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services full-time

Pros

Management staff were very knowledgeable on the business.

Cons

My project was completed and I move prior to working with them on new projects

Advice to Management

My advise is to offer further training within the industry.

2. Job review

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services

Pros

You have a little more freedom on your job.

Cons

No loyalty to their employees.

Advice to Management

Have better communication with your employees.

3. Good Folks, No Work

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training program for new hires. Recently revamped, and offered at reasonable price.

Cons

Company obtained bad reputation from previous management. new team struggling to overcome what happened before

Advice to Management

EVERY task you take on perform the work PERFECTLY. No matter what it takes. complete the work on time, at cost and quality promised to customer.

5. Good Plave

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big company good management good clients

Cons

New company, not a lot of clients,

Advice to Management

Need to be more organized

6. Bluestreampro

Current Employee - Tower Foreman in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Tower Foreman in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bluestream Professional Services

Pros

Good pay great equp good perdium

Cons

Lack of exsp in the crew s

Advice to Management

Just to screen your aplicants better and know a green guy will take time to grow

MOST RIDICULOUS JOB I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!

Former Employee - Instructor in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Marietta, GA

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has no pros in my opinion.

Cons

They hire entirely too many green hands just to cut corners on the budget. Cheap labor is their philosophy!!! The "Training Management Team" has no tower experience what so ever other than what 's studied out of a training guide that was obtained through word of mouth from people there that DO have experience and are the lowest paid and lowest ranked in the company. I would say over 90% of the trainers in the training department have never even built an LTE site much less climbed on a daily basis and I know this because I have worked in that department.They were the ones who made me look bad. It was humiliating when one of them would take a class of "REAL EXPERIENCED TOWER HANDS WHO HAVE CLIMBED AND DONE LTE INSTALLATIONS" because I knew that they were not being trained the correct way. They would later approach me and ask me why they are being taught something that was not correct way. They dont listen either. They dont follow carrier specs and if you try telling them its wrong and have the method of procedure to prove it they use retalliation tactics as they did myself. They had me listed as a foreman living in another state and actually turned this in to a carrier knowing it was wrong. I was never a foreman. I confronted them on it because i thought i was being forced to move ON MY OWN DIME AGAIN ,and they told me it was incorrect. It wasnt long after that; that I was termed and escorted out of the building as if I were a criminal. As I was being escorted out they demanded for me to give them my personal training guides. They claimed they paid me to do them when I actually had proof showing that I was told to work on them at home on MY OWN TIME!!! Its their way or no way!!! They make unrealistic promises to carriers knowing they dont have the staffing to fulfill those promises. They turn green-hands into foremen that "Show leadership abilities". It does not matter if they have never climbed a tower a day in their life. These people are the ones leading these crews climbing towers at excessive heights as well as holding responsibility of other crew members' safety in their hands. They are not trained to inspect the tower prior to climbing. they would not know if some guide wires needed plumbing. This is why people are getting hurt. They don't know what they are looking at. (Example:) A previous student whom is now a Foreman calls me and asks me why there is what seems to be "stereo equipment on site" It was not stereo equipment, it was the radio heads. And a few last issues that I had was the fact that I would have students at times that were not passing any of the tests but still graduated and made it into the field. I moved my whole family about 6 states over for this company on MY OWN DIME because they made me move, and then I was terminated because I addressed issues that I knew for a fact that would eventually bite the company and because management thinks they are a flawless tower company, I lost my job due to it. Spent 6 grand to move there and I never got it back. Had to move back home and start over. I eventually lost everything because I was unable to find work for the longest. I learned the hard way that most tower companies will not hire you if you have Bluestream on your resume. I took them off of mine and had another job withing two weeks.

Advice to Management

If you want a real tower company then you need to hire people with experience and keep the green at a minimum. Hire trainers who have done this line of work. Quit cutting corners by making the green that possess leadership skills superior over the ones who have real tower experience just to save money. Learn to take constructive criticism. Quit hiring engineers who cant even read an RFDS or Construction Drawings. Start doing pre-con site walks instead of depending on google maps and old structural analysis. Hire project coordinators who can speak with professionalism and knowledge of this business while on a conference call with a carrier. Quit making unrealistic promises to your customer. That's nothing more than a gamble on your company's future. Understand and realize the upmost importance of professional knowledge of this line of work before promoting an inexperienced entry level person in a foreman or construction manager position in the field. Once again, this is a gamble, and it poses a very high risk of liabilities including high potential life threatening risks for the entire crew. Ensure you are following proper methods of procedures during training. The biggest pet peave for all carriers is quality!!!!! Good quality / punch free work is what guarantees everyone their jobs!!! Make sure your invoicing team knows what they are billing for. They need to know the installation end just like the field does. How can someone bill for something if they dont what they are billing for? They may bill for an 8 ft jumper when in all actuality a 20 ft was used: especially when your foreman states he replaced a jumper and leaves it at that. If you know what he went out to the site to do then you will know what you need to bill for. You can never possess too much knowledge within your company. I would always hear, "it isnt my job to know this". Everybody should know how to back one another up and be able to perform every aspect of every job within their line of work. This guarantees success!!! You guys are nothing like this. Your project managers dont even know what the materials they order are used for, not only that your project coordinators dont even know what they are listening to while on a conference call. Why pay a project coordinator for that time on the phone? Start hiring mostly experienced and let them train the green. One green to a four man crew. Let the field train the entry levels instead of having that three week class. Thats a waste of time and money when you could have crews already working in the field. Do away with the recruiting. You have entirely too many recruiters. The recruiters are also inexperienced and green. Hire one ops manger thats experienced , per region and let him do the hiring. Your engineering department is useless. Thats big money spent on positions that are really not needed. Your precon site walks by your cm's will cover what the engineers do and it would be more accurate as well. My best advice is to start over new. Bluestream has a reputation worse than any company out there. Respect your employees because they are the structure to a solid foundation. Mistreatment and lack of knowledge on your part is why your turnover rate stays at a constant 80 - 90 % range. Thats not good.

Lack of experience among the crews.

Current Employee - Foreman
    Current Employee - Foreman

I have been working at Bluestream Professional Services full-time

Pros

Check always cashes, benefits good.

Cons

Don't expect a raise. Expect that no one on the crew knows how to do their job. Don't expect much from management to know much either, they are mostly new college grads with know clue about towers. T he company is very hush-hush, don't expect any answers.

Advice to Management

The good ones aren't hungry to work for you. The attitude "if you don't like it, go the hell on" usually leads the high performers to leave.

9. No home life

Current Employee - Crew Lead in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Crew Lead in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Bluestream Professional Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice friendly people from all over the US coming together to accomplish a task. Nice to see a tower company with co workers from all over.

Cons

Currently still working ...or ATT is still working on a standard ..(whoever you want to point the finger at)..the morale of the coworkers ..well I've talked to all the crew leads...the ones that have not left yet and the ones that didn't get laid off and noooo body is happy with the way things or going . I will say I've seen tower companies slow down at the end of the year but this is rediculous.we have a five week on 1 week off schedule due to Thanksgiving and Christmas being so close together the RM said he will only pay for one flight. Many coworkers have chosen Thanksgiving and will not be returning after the holiday. Blue stream stared off strong but now its sad to see guys with less than a year running a crew calling to log in and not knowing what the hell there looking for. They learn RETs and now there so knowledgeable of all Technologies. They learn how to install LTE...somewhat and do not know how to decifer color code for UMTS OR GSM . Rant over wish the best for them. but as big as they are I would think they would show a little more gratttude towards there employees, don't make everyone else suffer because a few other crews decided to waist the company money, play dumb and not read the directions.

Advice to Management

if you're going to promote somebody you should give them a raise with that promotion.

10. Run away don't walk

Current Employee - Installation Lead in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Installation Lead in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Bluestream Professional Services

Pros

They pay for your flights in and out of market. They match 2 percent towards your 401k. They honestly care about your safety and well being. Some of the best construction managers in the business. They truly support their foremen in the field. They provide all the necessary documents & closeout documents needed to build out their customers sites properly.

Cons

10$ per hour drive time. They only pay for up to 4 hours of travel time into & out of market at 10$ per hour. They stopped paying us idle time. We use to get paid by our customer to be on standby for maintenance tickets as they come in, that's gone now. Can anyone say mass layoffs. I've personal survived 3 rounds of layoffs. Since I no longer feel any job security what so ever. I now recently decided it's time to put my resume out there and look for another job. I've worked at Bluestream since early 2013 and never once received a evaluation or even so much as a dime for a raise. It's okay thou... At least they hired me as a foreman. Other guys the promoted from top hand to foreman. They gave them the position without a raise. It's really sad thou. A lot of us guys in the field had faith in the company. It use to be a pretty good company to work for. We were really hoping things would turn around and get better after the slow down. Now it's only getting worse with no light at the end of the tunnel. Like most recruiters theirs are compulsive liars. Make sure you ask all the questions about the drive time. They won't tell you up front.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. My Regional Manager looks at all us tower guys like were a bunch of idiots. Who have to be belittled and talked down to for us to get in line. I know I'm just a number here. It doesn't matter if your sites are punch free and due under budget. They treat us all the same. Even thou they know some of their foreman's have only 2 years in the industry and have no business being foremen. I still wish them the best and am grateful for the time I spent here. Like I said it use to a really good company to work for.

11. Fun, Job

Former Employee - Installer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Installer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Bluestream Professional Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and interesting work, Holiday's Off, "Family First" policy by my supervisor.

Cons

Slow to give out increases in pay. Sudden furloughs, and even layoffs sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep political opinions to yourself and out of the workplace.

RSS Feed </> Embed